Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Rules of this thread.

1) No regrets, it's Lego, there is no wrong decision, just more or less wise ones.

2) There will only be two options.

3) The price points will be comparable.

I get paid next week, and I have some spare cash. I will buy either 8038, The Battle of Endor, or 7573, Battle of Alamut.

On the one hand, 8038: 120,000 yen. amazing mini-figures, new speeder bikes, and it's near a year old, so it will probably be unavailable soon.

On the other, 7573: 92,000 yen. Wicked new pieces, Eurobricks amazing contest going on that would be much easier with a PoP set in hand, and it's utterly new which is one of the biggest treats with Lego. It will genuinely be less fun a month or two from now.

I will be buying them both (fingers crossed) within a few months, so this is a question of urgency. Feel free to post your own such urgent questions.

Isn't this topic pretty much the same?

I think you should get the PoP set, it seems really nice and it would be great if it could help you make a entry for the contest :thumbup:

8038, hands down. Its going away sooner than we probably think, and the fig count is amazing. Especially since you plan to get both eventually anyway, I say 8038

The PoP sets barely came out and will be available for at least a year or two.

If I were you I'd get the battle of endor because soon it won't be avalible and if your getting both sets you are garenteed that the battle of almanut will still be out while the battle of endor probably won't.

Thats just my opinion and you dont have to agree with me.

awesomebrick

Isn't this topic pretty much the same?

It is pretty similar, thanks. Some friendly admin can feel free to merge them at their leisure if they are judged to be too similar; I'd never read that one before :blush:

Thanks for these posts

The current PoP month has certainly tweaked my previous buying trajectory.

If you think you'd be able to pick up both sets before the summer wave of Star Wars sets hits, then I'd say go with The Battle of Alamut now. Battle of Endor has only been available for around 8 months, so it shouldn't disappear quite yet - though it may become harder to find when the new stuff comes out this summer.

But really, would you prefer to enjoy a shiny new PoP set now and have those extra parts for the building contest, but risk availability of 8038? Or would you prefer to pick up the Star Wars set now, know you're not going to miss out on it, but have to let some of the newness wear off of the PoP stuff? What is the priority here?

Edited by ZO6

But really, would you prefer to enjoy a shiny new PoP set now and have those extra parts for the building contest, but risk availability of 8038? Or would you prefer to pick up the Star Wars set now, know you're not going to miss out on it, but have to let some of the newness wear off of the PoP stuff? What is the priority here?

that's the whole concept of this or that. I have until this Friday to decide, but I think PoP is the better pick. Newness gives me a better buzz.

If you really want 8038, then get it before it goes out of circulation. You'll be kicking yourself or paying more on BrickLink or eBay.

Definably Endor first. It would be better getting the older sets first before new ones. It will probably be very expensive online once it is sold out forever. The minifigures from Battle of Endor is the best thing about it. But if your more of a parts person Battle of Amulat might be better for you. But the choice is really up to you.

LegoGalactus

Get The Battle of Endor first, followed by the Battle of Alamut. In Singapore, The Battle of Endor is out of stock since late last year, and will not be getting anymore of this set. This is a rare set, and will definitely be a classic in its own rights in years to come, while the Battle of Alamut is also another "must to get", it's not as urgent as the Battle of Endor. I don't want the bad experience happened to you, where you find this set out of stock.

It is pretty similar, thanks. Some friendly admin can feel free to merge them at their leisure if they are judged to be too similar; I'd never read that one before :blush:

Topic merged. :tongue:

I have a budget of 59.99 (USD). I'm torn between the Racers Lambo (I tend to use lego more for display anyway) or the Neptune Carrier, I love the way that ship looks but I am not a huge fan of Atlantis sets. Or perhaps a combination of smaller sets? Any help would be nice :p

I have a budget of 59.99 (USD). I'm torn between the Racers Lambo (I tend to use lego more for display anyway) or the Neptune Carrier...Any help would be nice :p

Before you decide, you can read the reviews of both sets, and see the building instructions.

8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4:

Reviews: http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...n=592&d=261 .

Building Instructions: http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingI...ns/default.aspx [Type in the Set Number, then scroll down to the bottom of that page].

8075 Neptune Carrier:

Reviews: http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...cn=616&d=70 .

Building Instructions: http://us.service.lego.com/en-US/BuildingI...ns/default.aspx (Again, type in the Set Number].

I think that the Lamborghini is a bit more "exotic" and rare, and will hold its value more over time.... :classic:

I have a budget of 59.99 (USD). I'm torn between the Racers Lambo (I tend to use lego more for display anyway) or the Neptune Carrier, I love the way that ship looks but I am not a huge fan of Atlantis sets. Or perhaps a combination of smaller sets? Any help would be nice :p

If you know me, you'd know I'd dive in for the Lamborghini. Maybe you could get some smaller sets, like some PoP or TS or City or SW, or whatever other theme you like.

I think I'll go for the Lambo, it just seems like a better value, 700+ pieces. I am not a huge fan of the licensed sets with the acceptation of star wars of coarse. But thanks for the help guys!

Ok so... Here is my dilemma. I have a choice of 3 sets to buy here they are... I need some help, I don't know which one I want!

Price does not really influence this, it is just to show Sabre Island is not as expensive as the others, etc. :imperialguard_commander1:

Forbidden Island - Most

Forbidden Cove - Middle

Sabre Island - Cheapest

I was curious which set I should choose given the circumstances. I like all of them but when it comes down to it I can only buy one. Curious which one it should be! Please help...

If money is no object to you, go ahead and get the Forbidden Island, but if you are considering price, go for the Forbidden Cove. Either way, they're both forbidden :tongue:

With the first wave of SP3 almost gone, I wonder:

Hyperspeed Pursuit or Lunar Limo?

I love the vehicles in H.P. and the Skull Twins, but the Brick Daddy along with all the purple and gold parts in the Limo seem very useful too, not to mention it's a cheaper set. What do you think?

I am about to make one of my biggest puchases and need some help so here it goes,

Green Grocer - Nice structure and brilliant colors as well as detail

Grand Emporium - Beutifull corder building with tons of detail

They are both great sets but I can only afford one at the moment. I am going to start work on a city street and would like to have one building to work from. I am leaning toward GG because it is definatly the next one to go and would be easier to work from. However i realy do like Grand emporium. :blush:

They are both great sets but I can only afford one at the moment. I am going to start work on a city street and would like to have one building to work from. I am leaning toward GG because it is definatly the next one to go and would be easier to work from. However i realy do like Grand emporium. :blush:

Availability is definitely an issue for GG. In my opinion GG is still the best modular so far. The construction is more interesting than GE. GE has big open (almost) symmetrical interior spaces, whereas GG has some more interior and exterior 'angles' (look out for a hardly visible surprise under the ground floor staircase :wink: ).

Thanks rick I will have to look into it, the most I have spent at once was $100 and want to get the best bang for my buck if im going any higher

Before the LU mod, I did a version of the greengrocer in LDD and I have to say it was a fun build. The store is neat, the apartment is nice and the fire escape and roof were cool too. I think I used it in no less than four and maybe even five comics. Sadly, the LFX file was on my computer that died.