Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Which one should I get? 70571 Temple of Airjitzu or 71006 The Simpson's house?

I really like the look of Airjitzu, but being half a building really bugs me. What do you guys think?

If you want to display it, not having the back wall of the buildings won't really make a difference, and from a building experience and aesthetic point of view I think Airjitsu wins by a long stretch; unless you're a mad Simpson fan I'd think the house is totally skippable.

This is the list of sets that I will eventually get, but help me decide in the order I should get.

1. The Simpsons House

2. The Kwik E Mart

3. Ninjago temple of airjitzu

4. Brick Bank ( Since its a new release, I can probably save this till last)

5. Detective Office

6. Batcave

I go to the Lego store once a month to treat myself :grin: My last two purchases were the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema.

This is the list of sets that I will eventually get, but help me decide in the order I should get.

1. The Simpsons House

2. The Kwik E Mart

5. Detective Office

6. Batcave

I go to the Lego store once a month to treat myself :grin: My last two purchases were the Pet Shop and Palace Cinema.

1. The Simpsons House

2. The Kwik E Mart

5. Detective Office

6. Batcave

I would get the sets in this order.

1.simpsons house

2. Kwik e mart

3. Temple of airjitzu

4. Detectives office

5. Bat cave

6. Brick bank

1. The Simpsons House

2. The Kwik E Mart

5. Detective Office

6. Batcave

1. Simpsons House, essential for any Simpsons fan

2. Temple of Airjitzu, classic set and more iconic than the Kwik-E-Mart

3. Kwik-E-Mart

4. Detective's Office, more iconic than the BB and has tons of details and clever builds.

5. Brick Bank, a good set but smaller and more expensive than it should be.

6. Batcave, there are better DC sets on the shelves right now.

Thanks for the input guys! greatly appreciated! :thumbup: I do collect DC/Marvel sets as well. I'm just waiting for the Summer set wave. But yeah, I've been contemplating on these sets. I was thinking about getting the Simpsons sets first and then the Temple of airjitzu. only because I'm not sure if they're going to be retiring soon.

Have £70 to spend, should I get: Scarecrows Harvest of Fear, Killer Croc sewer smash or Doc Ock tentacle trap and Ghostrider team-up? please respond soon and thanks in advance!

Edited by Duncan Young

I'm pretty sure you'll get more useful feedback if you post the actual set names instead of just the set numbers.

Alright: Pet Shop, Brick Bank or Palace Cinema? I already have the Town Plan so I kind of have a movie theater, but I need something to go with the Grand Emporium.

For my next purchase, I'm thinking of picking up one of the larger Galaxy Squad sets. Should I go for:

• 70705 Bug Obliterator
  • 70708 Hive Crawler
  • 70709 Galactic Titan

Father's Day money to spend...~$270

Big problem is, do I get sets, figures, pieces, or one big set?

I am interested in Modulars (need Brick Bank still). I am collecting Super Hero figures (but sometimes it is cheaper to get the set instead of just individual figures). I want the Batcave figures and the batmobile, but I don't think that set is worth $270 (and getting just the figures is almost $200 by themselves). Otherwise I could end up getting multiple figures from the other newer smaller sets and spend the whole lot. Plus, I have MOCs I would like to work on sometime.

I like the new Beetle and Big Ben, but since they just came out, I should look into older sets.

Does anyone have any input, even specifically about Batcave if it is worthwhile to get as a set.

THANK YOU!

Father's Day money to spend...~$270

Big problem is, do I get sets, figures, pieces, or one big set?

I am interested in Modulars (need Brick Bank still). I am collecting Super Hero figures (but sometimes it is cheaper to get the set instead of just individual figures). I want the Batcave figures and the batmobile, but I don't think that set is worth $270 (and getting just the figures is almost $200 by themselves). Otherwise I could end up getting multiple figures from the other newer smaller sets and spend the whole lot. Plus, I have MOCs I would like to work on sometime.

I like the new Beetle and Big Ben, but since they just came out, I should look into older sets.

Does anyone have any input, even specifically about Batcave if it is worthwhile to get as a set.

THANK YOU!

I can't say too much about the batcave because I don't own it. But from watching reviews and reading them it looks like a fantastic set! You have the full batcave (excluding background). Its all 100% realistic to the show and it will look beautiful on a shelf. Big Ben is an incredible set that you probably need to have. But because of it being so new you can wait a little while on it, same with the beetle. The brick bank is a fantastic modular. I own it and I will never regret buying it. But if you would actually consider buying the figures from the batcave for $200, I think you should get the batcave.

So I would like to get either the Civil War airport battle or the Killer Croc/Bat-Tank set, both are the same price and around the same piece count (I think). At the moment I'm leaning towards the Bat tank. The third option is the Spider man bridge set, which I love but I'm waiting to treat myself at the end of summer :wink:

Help!

EDIT: Well never mind I snagged the Airport battle on sale TRU!

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Hi everyone!

So I have €50 spending money left over from work, and I'm hitting Smyths today! Only problem: I've no idea what I should spend my money on. I'm definitely going to buy the Juniors 'Batman and Superman vs Lex Luthor' set as it's on sale, so with the remaining 35 euro, what should I buy from these options? :classic:

- LEGO Friends Hot Dog Van (It's a Hot Dog van in the shape of a hot dog! Downside is that I don't like mini-dolls).

- LEGO Scooby Doo Mystery Machine (Very nostalgic as this was my favourite show as a kid, and I have no Scooby Doo in my collection; only downside is those darned stickers!)

- LEGO DC Superheroes Green Lantern vs Sinestro (much cheaper than the other two at a sale price of €23; however, I already have a Green Lantern minifig, and don't care for Space Batman; I'd really be getting it just for Sinestro and I'd maybe like the ship).

Hi everyone!

So I have €50 spending money left over from work, and I'm hitting Smyths today! Only problem: I've no idea what I should spend my money on. I'm definitely going to buy the Juniors 'Batman and Superman vs Lex Luthor' set as it's on sale, so with the remaining 35 euro, what should I buy from these options? :classic:

- LEGO Friends Hot Dog Van (It's a Hot Dog van in the shape of a hot dog! Downside is that I don't like mini-dolls).

- LEGO Scooby Doo Mystery Machine (Very nostalgic as this was my favourite show as a kid, and I have no Scooby Doo in my collection; only downside is those darned stickers!)

- LEGO DC Superheroes Green Lantern vs Sinestro (much cheaper than the other two at a sale price of €23; however, I already have a Green Lantern minifig, and don't care for Space Batman; I'd really be getting it just for Sinestro and I'd maybe like the ship).

For me it would have to be the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine! I picked it up when they released it and love it. The stickers are a pain but if you take your time lining up the first stick I'm sure it'll all work out. Having the van, Scoob, Fred and Shaggy is brilliant but it has made me want to pick up the rest of the gang along with the baddies! Maybe once I'm up to date with the heroes.

Sinestro is really cool but you could probably pick him up cheap enough on Bricklink?

For me it would have to be the Scooby Doo Mystery Machine! I picked it up when they released it and love it. The stickers are a pain but if you take your time lining up the first stick I'm sure it'll all work out. Having the van, Scoob, Fred and Shaggy is brilliant but it has made me want to pick up the rest of the gang along with the baddies! Maybe once I'm up to date with the heroes.

Sinestro is really cool but you could probably pick him up cheap enough on Bricklink?

Thanks for the recommendation! Just got back from Smyths with the Mystery Machine in hand, very excited! :grin: I too am worried that once built I'll be searching up Bricklink looking for Velma and Daphne, I fear I'm gonna be caught in that trap too, haha. Can't wait to get building this thing! :thumbup:

That's what I ended up deciding too. I may have a Bricklink spree sometime. :classic:

Thanks Cap!

Thanks for the recommendation! Just got back from Smyths with the Mystery Machine in hand, very excited! :grin: I too am worried that once built I'll be searching up Bricklink looking for Velma and Daphne, I fear I'm gonna be caught in that trap too, haha. Can't wait to get building this thing! :thumbup:

That's what I ended up deciding too. I may have a Bricklink spree sometime. :classic:

Thanks Cap!

Let me know what the Juniors set is like! I'm dying to pick up that Lex variant. Enjoy the Mystery Machine!

Let me know what the Juniors set is like! I'm dying to pick up that Lex variant. Enjoy the Mystery Machine!

Just finished building it, and I think it's brilliant! The amount of awesome builds here for such a small price (I got mine in Smyths and it was 25% off, I'm sure it might be the same in the UK!) is unreal. Printed pieces, classic Batman, Lex Luthor is awesome especially when in control of his mech, and I even really like the little Batcave in person, it's like a cute little vignette. :wub: The Batmobile is solid for what it is too; I'm going to mod it into a City car. :classic:

Overall, the set is completely worth it. The builds are a great size and quite enjoyable to build, you get a TON of amazing printed pieces... I even had way more fun than I care to admit just shooting those Batman-logo disks. :laugh:

Definitely a great buy. :thumbup:

Awesome! Sadly I don't have a Smyths near me (yet! It's opening this year) so I'll probably have to pick it up online at full price but it's nice to get a review on it instead of just the pics! I was tempted to just get Lex at first but the whole thing has grown on me!

Hello guys! I have had some extra cash and I always try to get a big set every year. So help me out guys I really need it! Should I get the tower of orthanc, the Parisian restaurant? I know there two completely different things and one is retired but I really like both of them and I don't know which one to get. Thanks for the replies!

Hello guys! I have had some extra cash and I always try to get a big set every year. So help me out guys I really need it! Should I get the tower of orthanc, the Parisian restaurant? I know there two completely different things and one is retired but I really like both of them and I don't know which one to get. Thanks for the replies!