Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Pay no attention to these fools and their senseless, narrow-minded brand snobbery. If you like some other plastic interlocking brick building sets that isn't LEGO then more power to you. It just proves you can get enjoyment from many outlets and won't go through life getting all up in bunches over nothing.

But to your question...

Go for that Enlighten tank...the Cobi one looks sort of...off...to me. The Enlighten tank looks pretty darn slick. I wish I could find myself one of those deino2.gif

I'm curious to know the piece count and the price of that one as well.

Pay no attention to these fools and their senseless, narrow-minded brand snobbery. If you like some other plastic interlocking brick building sets that isn't LEGO then more power to you. It just proves you can get enjoyment from many outlets and won't go through life getting all up in bunches over nothing.

It's not narrow-mindedness, at least not on my part, Deino. I'm against promoting clone brands because they infringe on LEGO's set and piece copyrights, blatantly rip them off in countries with no copyright laws, and to a lesser extent skirt the patents and potentially pull away from LEGO's profits in markets with copyright laws. You may call my reaction getting up in a bunch, I admit I made a mistake in the way I closed the topic, it came off much more harshly than I intended. My overall intention was to make sure it didn't turn into a needless flame war. The person who started this thread was banned for having too many accounts and being under the age limit, not for liking clone brands, so there's no reason to leave it open, unless people want to further discuss the moral implications of buying or promoting clone brands...

Just making this very clear: James Dofine was not banned because he made a post about clone brands. He was actively using 2 accounts on Eurobricks and lied about it to the staff. That's the reason for him being banned.

Just making this very clear: James Dofine was not banned because he made a post about clone brands. He was actively using 2 accounts on Eurobricks and lied about it to the staff. That's the reason for him being banned.

... and both accounts were using clone bricks! :laugh: (sorry, but when a joke hits me...) :blush:

I'm leaving now. :grin:

... and both accounts were using clone bricks! :laugh: (sorry, but when a joke hits me...) :blush:

I'm leaving now. :grin:

*bud-doom ptssssss* (drum sound when comedians say something stupid/ funny)

anyways, if your still looking at this topic, i would buy the tank if i was ever threatened... i mean convinced, to buy a fake LEGO brand.

I'm really confused what i should do.

I justed noticed that the sand crawler dropped 50.

I also want the Mtt. of Reb Cruiser

So Sand Crawler, Mtt or Republic Cruiser?

That depends on you. Since there are sales for Sandcrawler i suggest you buy sandcrawler since you get to save.

Besides there are Jawa, C-3PO, & Owen Lars.

Buy smart & save :tongue:

This is for you to decide. Its like at McDonald's, which one should I get, a Big Mac or a Quarter Pounder? (But them both for 3 bucks!)

I would personally get the MTT (I already have one, but if I didnt, this would be my choice). Also, it depends on what you really want. If you are an OT fan, get the Sand Crawler. If you like PT, you should get the Republic Cruiser or MTT. If you want an army, go for the MTT. If you are after some cool Jedi and other figs, get the RC. (Or even better, get 200 Big Macs! .................................On second thought, dont.)

So, ultimately, the choice is yours on what set you want to buy. Also, I think this belongs in the SW forum. :classic:

Just wait, when the first pic's arrive. And then wait for some more, while the sets are at sale for half the price :P .

I say, go for the Sandcrawler. This is the one on sale at the moment. Then start saving again and wait until the other 2 sets you mentioned goes on sale. There's that possibility.

I have all three of these, though only the MTT and Cruiser are fully assembled at this time. I canibalized some parts from the Sandcrawler for other MOCs.

-#1 choice: I would suggest the Sandcrawler. It has an awesome parts selection, some neat minifigs, and a really impressive appearance once finished. It's also been around a while, and is the most likely of the three to be discontinued soon. Though mine is presently partially disassembled, this is the only one of three that I would consider building a second time. One of the best LEGO SW sets ever, IMHO, though I admit to being biased in favor of the original rather than the newer movies.

-Second place would go to the MTT which has a ton of figs and weapons, and a pretty good build experience. If you have plans for a large droid army or display, this would be a good choice.

-The Cruiser was a fine build experience, but it has far fewer figs, and despite a fair amount of dark red, it's not a terribly great parts pack. Also, it is fairly impressive to look at, and contains some really clever play features but of the three, it was the one that seemed least worthy of it's retail price.

I'm going to start keeping these "what should I buy?" threads in community. Thanks! :classic:

okkk hello everybody in eurobricks, well i have a big dilema that i need youre proffessional opinions t help me out .well i really like the castle sets actullay i love them and ive been trying to make a castle/troll army but when i saw the sw lone wars sets i absoluteky fell in love with them too i would like to get to get both sets but like you would knoe i aint made out of money so in youre opinion which theme would you rather like to buy caste or sw and pls telly me why you prefer the one over the other!!!

ps.my bad for spelling need wrong :hmpf_bad::thumbdown:

Edited by OTMAR

We will be keeping "What should I buy?" threads in the Community forum. OTMAR, I highly suggest you familiarize yourself with the member guidelines. You need to be clearer with your sentence structure when posting here. Thank you.

Unless English isn't your first language, knowing how to properly read and write the language is vital.

If you wanted more accurate answers you should give preferences but of course, there's nothing wrong with having a clean palette for opinions now is there? :classic: I'd get the Sandcrawler- the priciest and largest of the three, not to mention the fact that it comes with so many droids and figures to bolster your collection. Gonk droids are rare, the brickbuilt droids in the set are also only available here, and Owen Lars is only available here as well. Finally, it has great mechanisms and will be the first set to be pulled from Shop at Home. It's on sale now, the perfect time to buy it. The only downer is that it isn't an army builder, but these Sandcrawlers can be used for ANYTHING Tatooine-Based... Jawa collecting/droid collecting? Scenery? An objective?

Can we not forbid ''what should i buy'' topics?

I think that would be a great idea... why would anybody need to ask on what they should buy? I hope they wouldnt do that for every decision in life, not that im trying to offend here... :sadnew: