vriverajr3

[REVIEW] 70400 Forest Ambush

Set#70400

Title: Forest Ambush

Price: $12.99

Pieces: 90

Release: 2013

7E6B6F3C-4D5B-41D0-A7E3-0E71380A062E-7524-00000694BC235C46.jpg

This is my 1st review so everyone bare with me on the quality of the pictures. This whole review was done from my iPod touch and wasn't easy :/ haha. Well here we go :)

Let's start off with the minifigs.

20130513121006.jpg

20130513120850.jpg

da376326-602c-4e55-a825-4826c30efdfc.jpg

bd0e4080-1c2f-459e-88e1-08e80f4aebab.jpg

a3c6783d-5252-41e7-a1cf-de4b014a42c6.jpg

7966fed2-aa8d-4501-9744-90c5639fb67f.jpg

c885377d-8200-4f7b-a1c1-e6db9712df28.jpg

f702a955-b77f-4b81-8c5e-0afeb579b8fc.jpg

77162773-5d32-44ed-ac3a-2959af9ade21.jpg

I think the figures are great. You also get a dog which is an awesome plus. Both evil knights have double sides faces but the good knights don't? Not really much of a problem though.

Now a couple of different views of the bad knights fort.

23944096-66b4-4e2e-9eb7-684b88fb5523.jpg

7d71c0a5-7f2b-4555-ace2-ddb496e01935.jpg

1c1f2dbc-5fd8-4352-ad21-6b8e2838afb6.jpg

The fort is pretty simple, made of mostly basic bricks. I do like the play feature of the falling tree. It lets you stop the good guys from getting away >:)

Now the treasure cart.

f28521b9-5e94-4b17-aa24-2b0e2df75c86.jpg

Extra pieces.

e976345d-9a99-41ac-ba1e-4e52fcb32429.jpg

And a cool little picture in the back of the instruction book showing some action going on from the sets.

62a7ea77-d722-44cc-99a2-d4ec507f856f.jpg

Overall I think this is a great set. It's a perfect army builder for your evil or good kingdom. You get 2 figures from each side plus weapons and a few extra.

Edited by vriverajr3

Thanks a lot for the review.

I reallly like the "chain armor" of the crownies! (From the one minifig with the leather belt)

This is a very simple set, good for army building. Trees and chests are always welcome too, I guess.

'vriverajr3' delivered with his review! YAY! :classic:

This is the best set, in my opinion, of the new Castle line. I love battle packs, as four figures for $12-$13 is a great deal! I also love the new face prints!

These pictures are WAY too big! Please resize them to a maximum of 800 x 600

These pictures are WAY too big! Please resize them to a maximum of 800 x 600

I apologize. Is it possible for a mod to do it for me? I did the review from my iPod and can't resize any time soon :(

Thanks for the review. Sending a large chest of gold through the woods with only two guards - best idea ever.

The also have a guard dog haha

Sending a large chest of gold through the woods with only two guards - best idea ever.

It's a decoy filled with "fake" gold!

Any chance of some shots of the back of the torsos?

I'm more liking the bad guys at this stage than the good guys, but maybe that's becuase I just can't get that fuggly lion on their shields out of my head.

Thanks for the review! I'm surprised these sets are starting to show up - I thought they were scheduled for August. This set is definitely a multiple buy. I am really liking the new heads. The dragon knight torsos are great too. Can't wait to start picking these (along with the LOTR sets) up! . . . it is going to be an expensive summer.

For the 1st review, you did a great job! The pictures are cool and look good to me. I really want this set, but I am saving for the LotR sets. So, maybe, one day, when for sale, I will buy it. I like the new torsos, especially from the "bad" guys. I like the torso of on of the "good" guys, the one with the crown on it. The shields are cool too. Again, nice review!

great review, it would be worth getting a tripod and using a flash or a lamp, to light up the area. not a bad set for the money 4 great figs a dog and lots of leaves parts etc.

Good review! I like the minifigs and the new faces are good, the set itself is weak but I think the main focus is supposed to be on the figs. Looks like not just a good way to build up an army but also good for foliage pieces and the wheels.

Edited by Knight Solaire

An excellent start to the Castle theme. The baddies are great, and it's a great army builder for both sides. The foliage and gold are big pluses.

Any chance of some shots of the back of the torsos?

I'm more liking the bad guys at this stage than the good guys, but maybe that's becuase I just can't get that fuggly lion on their shields out of my head.

I second that.

Thanks for the review.

I don't plan on buying any of these sets, but this might be a good starter set to get interested in the theme. The lion shield looks a lot better than I originally anticipated.

I like the double sided heads, but I don't care for the dragon torsos as much.

Either way, I'll be waiting for more reviews to see if they can change my mind.

I really like the Blue and White paired together, but I really don't think the lion or crown crest should have been used. Why not, horses, unicorns, wolves, tress, birds, etc... ? Also, there are some good bits on the dragon torsos, but I will never get over that head. I also don't think black and red really make a good Medieval faction, at least the way they have been comboed here.

Worst set in a pretty bad line.

But eh, it's cheap... I'll probably end up getting it when it's on clearance.