rubberninja

New Lego stores opening in 2013

So i was curious about new lego stores opening in my area and i found the official list of scheduled openings for 2013 on the lego site.

2013 Openings:

• West County Center, Des Peres, MO - Grand Opening Date: May 10 - 12
  • North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX
  • Fashion Place, Murray, UT - Grand Opening Date: June 14 - 16
  • Yorkdale Shopping Centre, Toronto, ON
  • Southgate Centre, Edmonton, AB
  • Freehold Raceway Mall, Freehold, NJ - Grand Opening Date: June 21 - 23

• The Westchester, White Plains, NY - Grand Opening Date: June 28 - 30 - This is being heralded as the opening of the 100th Lego Store! I wonder if they will have any special promotions going on...

Edited by rubberninja

Sweet Jesus San Antonio!!! No way I was just thinking about that the other day... Now it's true woohoo, my twins and I are in for a treat, I moved from the one in the Atlanta and miss it, so this will make up for it...

I've called 3 times over the last month about the MO store and all they've said is spring :-/

There are some others that are not on this list that are scheduled for opening. A location in CT for example.... Obviously openings are subject to ton of outside factors aside form when TLG says they will be open but if anyone knows anything let us know! :)

Still nothing in the Quebec province... :angry:

Must be because of Megabloks having their HQ in Montreal.. that HAS to be the reason.

Still no new openings in CA like Los Angeles, N. Hollywood, Northridge, Palmdale and Lancaster area. :angry: They cannot have a new opening in my area because Antelope Valley is close to Military Base.

We have an embarrassment of riches here in Massachusetts with 4 Lego stores. I'd give up at least one of them so that some of you guys could have at least one close to you.

The Glasgow store, (Scotlands first...YAY!!) is set to open on 10th May

Do you know if this will be in the St Enochs Center? :wub:

Edit there coming to Buchanan Galleries.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

I got a postcard about the st. Louis, MO one and it says the grand opening even is May 10-12. Does lego usually do a soft opening where they are open for a week before the grand event? Also is the grand opening when all the exclusives will be available(like the set that is a lego stiore)?

The Lego Store in St. Louis had it's soft opening on Friday. A couple friends and I went on Saturday to check it out after getting word that they had opened unannounced.

The staff is really nice and most that I talked to seem to have a high Lego IQ. I have only been to 4 other Lego stores for comparison but am really pleased with the Staff and the selection on the PAB wall at our new location.

Good lord...I've called lego once a week for the last 4 weeks asking when it will open and they only say spring. Guess i know where im going tonight :-)

I'm surprised that there there is no mention of a LEGO Brand Retail Store that will be opening up in Surrey, British Columbia in Guildford Town Centre mall sometime this July, it being aside of me mentioning it in the "Canada Eh?" Forum, so why is that the case? :wacko::look:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Do you know if this will be in the St Enochs Center? :wub:

Edit there coming to Buchanan Galleries.

Lego site says opening on 10 May. Is this the official launch or soft opening, does anyone know?

I am excited about the Lego store opening in Utah, however it might be some time before I get the chance to visit.

Lego site says opening on 10 May. Is this the official launch or soft opening, does anyone know?

Soft opening I would imagine, like the other stores

I got a postcard about the st. Louis, MO one and it says the grand opening even is May 10-12. Does lego usually do a soft opening where they are open for a week before the grand event? Also is the grand opening when all the exclusives will be available(like the set that is a lego stiore)?

I most definitely need to be there for that.

The Lego Store in St. Louis had it's soft opening on Friday. A couple friends and I went on Saturday to check it out after getting word that they had opened unannounced.

The staff is really nice and most that I talked to seem to have a high Lego IQ. I have only been to 4 other Lego stores for comparison but am really pleased with the Staff and the selection on the PAB wall at our new location.

That means they are open for May the Fourth be with you. Excellent!

It's about time St Louis got a LEGO store. Closest ones were in Chicago and Memphis. About 5 hours either way. :sick: Now it's a half hour drive. My wallet hurts already.