casewindu

what is your fave town set?

I'm curious of everyones favorite town/city set here at eurobrick and i wondered if everyone knew.

my favorite town set was probably the breezway cafe until i knocked it off my table and it shattered into so many pieces oh so long ago! (sigh) :'-(

any comments will be welcome!

michael :-D

I'm not sure if there isn't an other thread about this...

Anyway, my favorite townset has to be the 6399 Airport Shuttle, beautiful all the way *wub*

Anyway, my favorite townset has to be the 6399 Airport Shuttle, beautiful all the way *wub*

Happy, to be the owner of one! X-D

Another nice little set is the 7899 - Armoured Car Action

7033-1-1060059454.jpg

Not only for this unusual locking mechanism, but it has GOLD bricks!

I completly agree with TheBrickster. My vote goes for 6394.

In the current City line I prefer the new Fireheadquarters. Very good and much better than the old one.

Good question???

Although I don't own this set, this would be one of my most desired City/Town sets:

6394-1.jpg

This is definitely a great set, as I own it too. Although I had to get replacement parts for the car wash brushes.

Another one that I really like is the Big Rig Truck Stop, 6393. Great set and I own this one too. :-D

Gotta agree with you there, though I don't own it. Someday...

As for favorite set I own, I'll have to go with 6399's raison d'etre, the 6396 International Jetport. I love the design of that as the resort/tourist airport, compared with the earlier old-style municipal airport and the later modern giant multi-use airport.

[pic of crocodile snipped]

How I craved this set as a kid! When I finally got it for my birthday I was so happy. (And It included a 12v motor!)

That's one of the best pics I've seen of this model. Usually you see it from the side or in a curve and I never really liked it. Somehow that single axle on the front and back sections looked... wrong, out of place.

My favorite is a train set, too, of course ;-)

Actually it's two between which I never could decide which one I liked better:

7740-1-1004648305.jpg 7760-1-1004648112.jpg

At the moment it's the 7760 (cos I recently got the 7740) *wub*

That's one of the best pics I've seen of this model. Usually you see it from the side or in a curve and I never really liked it. Somehow that single axle on the front and back sections looked... wrong, out of place.

I think it is more or less based on this one:

114-3393.jpg

So i think they have done a very good job not as good as the prototype, but alas we can only dream :'-)

12v_crocodile.jpg

I absolutely love those old style electric engines. You can understand that I need last years freight train :)

My first set and my fave set has always been 379 Bus Station. A classic old Town set!

Cheers

Rog

My first set and my fave set has always been 379 Bus Station. A classic old Town set!

Cheers

Rog

This is so true... I am glad you mentioned it. I am too young to have bought/got this set myself, but I got it from an uncle who wanted to get rid of his lego. Look at the street furniture of this nice set. It is still amazing!

Just to show the board here what gem we are talking about:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/379-1

379-1.1105127490.thumb2.jpg

Good question???

Although I don't own this set, this would be one of my most desired City/Town sets:

6394-1.jpg

my dream set too. i don't own this set too,but i wish TLC would consider to make this set again as legend or re-release.