xwingyoda

What are your projects ??

Let's see...

Jelly vigs once I have jellies.

Chinese restaurant for the City competition.

Build Cafe Corner since I finally got it.

Find my boxed up pre-dark-ages LEGO. It's all in a box ... somewhere. I miss it. :'-(

All those pirates, forestmen, knights, and classic spacers *wub*

I better be going now before I scroll back and comment on the walrusjob up there ... ;-)

Build some vignettes with my new Agent 47 minifig. >:-) First I need to do some planning. Also, I need to post my sig-fig, so I can get more involved in EB, and hopefully one of Hinckley's comics. X-D

What is with this new, sinister desire to be in his comic, iamded?

I mean, who wants to be whacked?

:-P :-P

I am currently trying to attempt to try to build a fake Antarctic Adventurers line. It will have to go on hold because I wish do distinguish it from the Orient Expedition Everest line by using transparent peices as ice as opposed to using white peices as snow. These trans peices I don't have enough of at the moment..... :-(

Hello iamded, even when I take a break from stalking you, you still seem to crop up! Coincedence? I think not! *skull*

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Just in the midst of MODing my Batcopter and Bat-tank, and my Batcave shelf. I've done the two vehicles, and the Cave might be this afternoon's work.

I've also got a few other possible Bat-MOCs (see what I did there? ;-) ) lined up for a 'goody bag' sort of thread.

I mean, who wants to be whacked?

:-P :-P

Who doesn't want to be whacked!! :-D Really, you should know better! :-P

Well, my project is, like always, making a new town...

And I decided to make it "modular", not like CC and MS, but modular in my way: I just keep the technic and spin system to put together the "pieces of houses".

I'm working on the first piece.

Fisrt, I made the shops:

citymoc2007_10.jpg

And know, I'm working on the other floors:

citymoc2007_11.jpg

And after, I will make the interior...

Very nice houses, Alex! Classic! *y*

Working on my vigs for Sir Nadroj's contest.. After that, I'll see if I have time to finish my New City Ideas Contest entry.. :-/

i have a few projects; my vignette for Sir Nadroj;s WWW contest, a Coast Guard boat+base and maybe a new tank

Here some pics from my new city project:

It's the statue for my central place

citymoc2007_1.jpg

And here the continuation of my yellow building:

citymoc2007_12.jpg

citymoc2007_13.jpg

I have mentioned I was making a dragon before, but I have never shown it. I haven't got far though. :-$ So far it is just an unfinished head...

1410797478_3d12dc3a56_o.jpg

1409914175_45d7b8c46a_o.jpg

...which I haven't worked on for months.

Here some pics from my new city project:

They look wonderful! *wub* I am so going to steal that! *sweet*

It's the statue for my central place

Very nice stuff, please show that building when it's done, and I've also stolen that statue to use as a base for some others. Now if only they'd give us some grey normal horses!

Sinner: A good start, I look forward to seeing where it will progress to, and some very nice snot work on those nostrils (ironic, isn't it?)

If you decide to ditch the effort, rebuild it in all white, put it on a black base, and call it a dragon skull diorama. Or one seriously large krayt dragon skeleton for a tatooine desert display... *y*

I have mentioned I was making a dragon before, but I have never shown it. I haven't got far though. :-$ So far it is just an unfinished head...

...which I haven't worked on for months.

Very nice and neat *y* . I specially like the beak-like ending of the upper lip, it gives it a rapacious look *skull* !

Oh, and I like those nostrils too.

The only thing I do not comprehend is why it only has one front tooth in the lover jaw 8-

Very nice and neat *y* . I specially like the beak-like ending of the upper lip, it gives it a rapacious look *skull* !

Oh, and I like those nostrils too.

Thanks. The nostrils took a while to do. I'm still not sure if it is dragony enough; it could be seen as a T-Rex head. My plan though is to largely leave the head as it is, and decide later.

The only thing I do not comprehend is why it only has one front tooth in the lover jaw 8-

I think it looks very much like a T-rex head. A very well done one, but a t-rex and not a dragon, nonetheless. I face the same predicament as there are three very important dragons in Book of the Ancients. But, I don't know how I'll build them as the ones LEGO has are too <insert that tiresome argument> (new castle or old dragons) or too Bionicle-y (Vikings) It is my goal to make an organic looking dragon. I don't like displaying wips, but maybe I should share some of the "scale" techniques I've been bandying about and see if you like them.

I don't like displaying wips, but maybe I should share some of the "scale" techniques I've been bandying about and see if you like them.

oh yes please do Hinckie ;-) Its always really interesting to see wips and compare them to the final product !! Like you say, newbie MOCers can learn a few tricks from those ;-)

*yoda*

I think what Sinner's dragon head, and possibly Hinckley's too, lack to be dragonish in a couple (or more) or spikes on the back >:-) (maybe a row in the middle of the front-top, too).

You know, something like this:

demoniac_dragon.jpg

or this:

dragon.jpg

Hope it'll be useful.

I think what Sinner's dragon head, and possibly Hinckley's too, lack to be dragonish in a couple (or more) or spikes on the back >:-) (maybe a row in the middle of the front-top, too).

You know, I was thinking spikes leading up the center of the nose through the forehead, or horns, good call there!

As the effort currently stands, it could very easily be adapted into a Chinese styled dragon, suitable for use in parades in front of my Chinese restaurant that you should all go and not vote for. :-$ X-D

Otherwise, it'd make a serious figurehead for a ship. I'd like to see that! *y*

I think it looks very much like a T-rex head. A very well done one, but a t-rex and not a dragon, nonetheless.

I don't like displaying WIPs either but I was stupid and mentioned it, and was asked to show it. The problem with this one is the head could be OK when the project is finished so it is my plan to move on to phase 2 and worry about the head later. While I am building a dragon, it isn't just a dragon...

While I do agree that the dragon needs spikes/horns, these will be integrated into the body. That dragon isn't my style anyway.

post-1554-1190377585.jpg

Unfortuantly mine doesn't look like that either! :-P

Otherwise, it'd make a serious figurehead for a ship. I'd like to see that! *y*

Actually you're halfway there. I want to make a space craft that resembles a dragon... X-D I've been wanting to make one since I was about 10. :'-)

But I haven't posted a dragon's head... *wacko*

But I haven't posted a dragon's head... *wacko*

I know, but you wrote you plan to build 3 for your Book of the Ancients:

A very well done one, but a t-rex and not a dragon, nonetheless. I face the same predicament as there are three very important dragons in Book of the Ancients.

And I thought you had similar problems in shaping their heads...

I know, but you wrote you plan to build 3 for your Book of the Ancients:

And I thought you had similar problems in shaping their heads...

I see how you could have thought that. However, I haven't even attempted the heads yet. Right now I am concerned with the body. As I did when I built the Swamp Monster I feel it is difficult to make an organic looking creature using LEGO. Here is the idea I am playing around with for the "dragon construction."

dragon_wip.jpg

brown scales and tan ribs. This would be the start of the dragon's belly...

The reason I don't like to display wips is because then other people will finish the model in their heads and then could be disappointed when they see where I finished this. I oftentimes feel this way when looking at someone else's wip ( :-D ) and then seeing the finished product. I sometimes think I liked it better as a wip because I disagree with the way it was finished.

I prefer to finish a model without advice and then incorporate feedback into a re-build later :-$

I see how you could have thought that. However, I haven't even attempted the heads yet. Right now I am concerned with the body. As I did when I built the Swamp Monster I feel it is difficult to make an organic looking creature using LEGO. Here is the idea I am playing around with for the "dragon construction."

dragon_wip.jpg

brown scales and tan ribs. This would be the start of the dragon's belly...

At this point I thought "hey, I've seen a MOC on BS that could be of use for inspiration!" Then I read the following lines:

The reason I don't like to display wips is because then other people will finish the model in their heads and then could be disappointed when they see where I finished this. I oftentimes feel this way when looking at someone else's wip ( :-D ) and then seeing the finished product. I sometimes think I liked it better as a wip because I disagree with the way it was finished.

I prefer to finish a model without advice and then incorporate feedback into a re-build later :-$

I understand your view, and tend to share it, so I think you can find whatever inspiration you may need by yourself (I think you are much more expert and full of fantasy than myself, judging from your pages and comics; btw, they're great *y* ), and ask for advice/comment if you feel you need it.

Good work :-P

I'll patiently wait to see them dragons (and the Book with all the custom charcters) finished ;-)