The architecture of Uridius Dratiphe, this Hanging Garden is a gardening masterpiece.

Planted upside-down, in resemblace to the famed Hanging Gardens of Babylon (although nobody really knows what they looked like :tongue: ), Uridius has invited some members of the Guilds of Historica to admire his architecture.

8444933941_6dea967d4c.jpg

And to hopefully get the whole thing into perspective :wink: :

8446021826_12b4c29104.jpg

8446027956_4a99a14cca.jpg

C&C are welcome, more pics (actually only one more) at my FlickR :

http://www.flickr.co...tos/robert4168/

Great idea, though I don't think the Hanging Gardens were actually up-side down... more likely suspended in baskets or what have you. Anyways, great job, the micro-figs especially add a great touch! :thumbup:

Very cool idea, but how do you water them?

Great that you included some sigs and the flower pattern is excellent :thumbup:

Thanks everyone :sweet: .

@Kai NRG, the problem was to have a big enough basket.

@SK, roof irrigation :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Crazy stuff Garmadon, wouldn't have thought of doing a moc like this. Love it!!

Thanks everyone :sweet: .

@Kai NRG, the problem was to have a big enough basket.

@SK, roof irrigation :wink:

But then wouldn't it drip down on everyone through the soil? And how do the plants get light?

All right I'll be quiet now, the farmer in me just couldn't resist :laugh:

Great architecture :thumbup: :thumbup: I realy like the garden upside down :wink:

Masa was quite impressed by his visit to this gardening masterpiece. In fact he even considered adding a similar feature to his tent but on second thought decided the weight would be more than his tent could support. So maybe if/when he ever settles down, he will invite Uridius Dratiphe to instal a similar feature at his home.

... In fact he even considered adding a similar feature to his tent but on second thought decided the weight would be more than his tent could support...

:laugh::rofl::roflmao:

That really made me laugh... :laugh::thumbup:

But then wouldn't it drip down on everyone through the soil? And how do the plants get light? ...

Magic, of course! :tongue:

I like how the Mitgardian gardens are getting more and more abstract. This is a pleasant turn, and there have been so many good entries like this one. Keep up the good work, I really like the concept.

Love the concept and the execution.

The gold and trans-clear looks like honey or some sort of nectar dripping slowly down. Was that the intention?[

Sorry I was'nt around lately to answer all the questions :tongue: .

Ok, here we go:

@SK, there are some tubes in the roof, and the water drips through slowly, so it doesn't fall through.

MK, Uridius Dratiphe would be very pleased to build you a Hanging Garden in your home (or tent :wink: ), in fact, he might even just build your house for you too if he has the time :tongue: .

@ Kristel, no that wasn't exactly the point. I would have made the gold all yellow for Mitgardia (the plants are green, of course), but that didn't look good , so the garden is actually growing gold instead :grin::drool: !