jorgeopesi

What kind of machinery would you want to see on a Lego set?

A new crane would be cool, with PF pump and pneumatic...

and lot of LA's! :)

Again a telehandler with 6 functions, powered by 4x L motors. 1 L motor to swith the other L motor's functions like 8043.

The functions would be:

Drive, steer front wheels, steer rear wheels

the other three:

Lift, extend, tilit

For steering they could use Mini LA's, and for lifting and tilting the boom, they could use normal LA's, at least 3 in total.

wheels could be the Unimog's with portal hubs.

Flagship back hoe (4wd, planetary wheel hub reduction (one of the few areas not really covered by technic barring turn tables), tilting and steering front axle, motorised multipump compressor, all the pneumatic functions of 8455 + rear arm sliding side to side, telescopic arm section and opening front bucket)

Forklift truck (Full function RC, pneumatic)

A skip truck would also be cool, with front and rear live axle and leaf spring suspention (another area not really covered by technic barring illegal techniques). All these ideas of course all with longer pneumatics and on board compressors :grin:

Yup, a telehandler would be nice, though I would prefer a non driven one, with fake engine and motorized functions. Orange, obviously.

I'm going to build a red one, and I will try to take the one motor + gearbox approach, though it will be possible to drive more functions at a time (or two motors, one for lifting and extension, the other for the small functions). The best part will be to build the pallet fork with tilting and rolling, all driven from the chassis. I already have an idea to solve this tricky thing.

An harbour line would be cool. With the various containerhandling vehicles, harbour cranes and harbour tugs. The last one maybe with an realistic voith schneider propulsion system.

So far it looks like a grader or a dump truck (mining truck or not) are the most common responses. Thinking like an Lego employee a serious good idea could be a big forklift for containers or not, it has 6 wheels for a B model and many functions with room for them.

homebigfork.jpg

2102_0.jpg

How about suggesting something within reason? That monster is so complicated, huge and heavy that I doubt anyone could actually MOC it, let alone TLG market it :sceptic:

I've spent some time online searching for 'material handler' as I'm not too satisfied with the 42006. Many seems to have the ability to raise the cabin and if it's not to be tracked vehicle, there's quad outriggers. The whole lot could be pneumatic/RC controlled and be in scale with the 8043. So that would mean at least three big pneumatic actuators, three to five small ones, a motor for the compressor and another or two for the drive .. quite a flagship, no?

And of course another colour than 'yellow' (which by TLG terms means anything as my 42006 is all over the map, sigh)

3671-main.jpg?1304515194

(Sorry, couldn't find better pic)

Also, I like all kind of weird forrest machinery .. lotsa possibilities there too

I would like to see a mining truck like these:

trucktipping.jpg

It does not look very special at first. But it has a special suspension system. The truck on the picture has actually 20 wheels, where there are 10 pairs with independent steering and suspension on each pair of wheels. That is pretty unique?

Here is a picture of the suspension system:

ETF377web.jpg

See more of these trucks at http://www.etftrucks.eu/

I don't know if they ever have made any real trucks, but those pictures of it and the videos looks like a pretty good concept.

I would like to see a mining truck like these:

Wasnt there a community build on this forum for a MOC of this? What ever happened to that thread?

I would like a walking excavator set, it sure would have a lot of "playability"

tim

untitled_zps3177a4ce.pngthe truck and the trailer can be in two separate models to make it affordable.

A lot of wheels and a lot of steer axles :drool:

Edited by midengineaddict

Hole boring machines and heavy transport trailers.

picture_8197.jpg

Or an RC SPMT with pneumatics to raise and lower.

Dockside Sonnenborg material handlers or Liebeherr habour cranes.

A big ship, whit many functions like working enginis and rudders, crane on it and a working anker.

The only nice technic ship i can remeber are from the old studded days :cry_sad:

9518harbour_cranes.jpg

2784a5bb-65bf-d230-4a57-382f7e037dd4.jpg

In our workplace, there are two of these:

EU207177.jpg7226-2.jpgqualitylift42.jpg

Edited by Lipko