I like the service truck a lot. I love wreckers, and that's a great color green. The crane truck, I missed out on the first first one, so a second chance, I guess. But then there's the Grand Prix Racer... oh man, so many choices!

Maybe then its because I find stuff like that boring. :blush:

And the colour?

I like the service truck a lot. I love wreckers, and that's a great color green. The crane truck, I missed out on the first first one, so a second chance, I guess. But then there's the Grand Prix Racer... oh man, so many choices!

You could just buy them all. :grin:

People are very excited about the 3 stage crane arm, am I missing something cause 8421 is 3 stage too?

Well I was wondering that too,even if it was four sections it is still nothing special. :blush:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Why is TLG producing yet ANOTHER mobile crane?! I dont understand why almost every year have a set that is a crane.

tim

Why is TLG producing yet ANOTHER mobile crane?! I dont understand why almost every year have a set that is a crane.

tim

Because unlike you we love cranes. :grin:

Well I was wondering that too,even if it was four sections it is still nothing special. :blush:

Will it be any longer than 8421 I wonder

People are very excited about the 3 stage crane arm, am I missing something cause 8421 is 3 stage too?

yup yup and yup. i dont know why people are so excited about it. you can still get 8421 for reasonable price. i doubt this will be any much different. quite "meh" flagship :(

service truck might save the day though. might be great set.

With 5 axles it will be some 20% longer for sure! And a longer crane means a longer boom!

You can see 3 3x11 panels on the under side on the boom. It make 33 studs.

Then, add 2 studs at the top, and something like 4 at the base, and you have a nearly 40 stud long boom.

8421's main boom was 32L.

Because every year in Germany tens of thousands of boys have their 12th birthday, and they don't have the big last crane because they were still playing with Duplo or whatever back then. :wink: Target market, right?

8421 is getting mentioned a lot, and it was a fun toy to have. But 8053 is only just discontinued, and that was really fun too. Both my kids love it.

service truck might save the day though. might be great set.

I have no doubt that service truck is going to save day.Big set with pneumatic also I think it will have reasonable price for set with pneumatic.

Imo crane is not too much interesting.I can imagine what they think.

"So we need another flagship"

"Here, what about big mobile crane"

"But, it will be same as 8421"

"Yes, but this time will be bigger than any can imagine,"

:sceptic:

Also monster truck looks like copy http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8261-1 , but this time a lot bigger. :wacko:

To be honest comparing the two boxes I would of said that the two truck is the flag ship,the tow truck contains more pneumatics and a motor to the cranes 2 La's?

Service truck is small 14 or 15 studs width, anybody can confirm my poor view?.

I'm +1 on that. Maybe even 11 or 13 studs. Count the 1x2 grilles on the front. :classic:

Off-topic: EB should run a poll for age of technic forum posters. I can't work out if everyone here is 16 or just grumpy AFOLs who don't understand that Lego is a toy for kids :devil: The same types of model will be repeated over and over and over again, because there will always be new kids who want a crane or tow truck or quad bike or front loader or tractor or bike or whatever :wink:

Edited by andythenorth

I don't mind if the same subject matter gets repeated over and over again. But if they are gonna do another crane, why not make it so good that leaves no room for a discussion if it is better than the last flagship or not. Granted the last one was awesome but that was 7 years ago, has there not been any improvement since then?

I have no doubt that service truck is going to save day.Big set with pneumatic also I think it will have reasonable price for set with pneumatic.

Imo crane is not too much interesting.I can imagine what they think.

:sceptic:

Also monster truck looks like copy http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=8261-1 , but this time a lot bigger. :wacko:

aye m8. i have one more sentence to fisnish that dialog, if you dont mind:

"oh my god! are you saying we will make it 2 stud wider, 4stud longer and 3 stud higher!?!?!?!"

"yes, we are rolling in a high gear here ladies and gentleman, no more space for playing around!"

i would change word "playing", with other word, but i am not sure on age restrictions here.

I am sure there are good few fans of mobile cranes here, but i cant see how much more of improvement it will be. in the end of the day its still mobile crane!

42000 F1 was really meh for me, but now it really grew on me. then we got service truck which looks like a the only option for someone who likes road stuff, not all that heavy building equipment. it made me so sad to see monster truck as a small set. i think i was looking forward to it most. :cry_sad: .

... model's will be repeated over and over and over again, because there will always be new kids, who want a crane or tow truck or quad bike or front loader or tractor or bike or whatever.... :wink:

Well said !!! Finally someone who understand, that it's not about us, but it's all about them.

42000 F1 was really meh for me, but now it really grew on me. then we got service truck which looks like a the only option for someone who likes road stuff, not all that heavy building equipment. it made me so sad to see monster truck as a small set. i think i was looking forward to it most. :cry_sad: .

Not everyone can be happy, I only like construction equipment unlike you... I dont buy Crawlers or any Supercar, but give me excavators and cranes and trucks and you can take my money :grin: