Not everyone can be happy, I only like construction equipment unlike you... I dont buy Crawlers or any Supercar, but give me excavators and cranes and trucks and you can take my money :grin:

aye, that is true. though why not to make a bit more broader range then? why not to have 2 flagships with 2 totally different themes? one car/4x4/truck and one tractor/excavator/crane/heavy machinery? So far this year the ones who like road going stuff got shafted. waiting for another 1.5 years in a hope to see a new set, which would be good for others is a bit unfair.

still though, i got a lot of catching up to do as i only got back to lego this xmas. :blush: I got few items on to buy list from olders sets, which i missed out!

I don't know how anybody could decide on the merits of these 2H2013 sets just by looking at some tiny, fuzzy images. There will likely be better information from the February 2013 Toy Fairs.

I don't know how anybody could decide on the merits of these 2H2013 sets just by looking at some tiny, fuzzy images. There will likely be better information from the February 2013 Toy Fairs.

in all fairness crane is a crane. even with low res picture it is a crane.

"hey dawg! i heard you like cranes on your lego! so i put crane on your crane, so you can crane when craning!" :tongue:

I love heavy machinery and I rest building cars or trials, in my opinion 2013 will be a great year... I only see a lot of old pieces and new pieces :laugh: .

I'm thrilled about the sets for 2013. I think it will end up being one of the better years for Technic in the end. Those who would rather have something else can build their own or someone's MOC. We have it pretty good I think.

Yeah, build you own moc.So why lego produce sets?This argument is worse thing I have ever seen.

To my Lego is a simple tool to overcome my challenges or MOCs but like everyone else I started building and learning with their fantastic sets which now are only pieces for my :blush: . There are people who enjoy building and collecting another ones like to invent and some even play with the sets :laugh: .

My son has finally reached an age that we can build and play Legos together, he is very interested in construction related vehicles and that is what I've been researching... After going through all the years seeing how they have progressed to me the biggest construction related flagship they are missing is a dump truck.

I really wish they would make one as now Im setting up a budget to buy some sets... I'll probably buy this crane but just as easily could of found a copy of the 8421, unlike the bulldozer 8275 which I can't get my hands on at all. Just seems like a soft model compared to what was really needed, every year has some kind of crane modl it seems

My son has finally reached an age that we can build and play Legos together, he is very interested in construction related vehicles and that is what I've been researching... After going through all the years seeing how they have progressed to me the biggest construction related flagship they are missing is a dump truck.

Yes! Technic is missing a dump truck with possible functions like RC, remote tilting bed and lighting features. Just wondering why there's no mentioning about the scale of all technic...Probably due to confusion between age recommendation.

Edited by Gene

I really like that dump truck obove,I'd love to build that and add a compressor+rc :)

It seems a lot are not happy about this crane and I'm one of them,we really don't need an other 8421 which was a great set, I bet if this new crane had a really long pneumatic cylinder it would change people's minds including mine, I'd love too see lego getting into pneumatics+rc it would be so real life and the nearest thing to real life hydrolics.

I'm just happy 42008 will keep me happy this year :)

And again pneumatic cylinders.I´m tired of that, there is no need of longer cylinders.We have precise LA.

You could always build the 6x6 Hauler by Designer Han. Here is my studless adaptation of his Hauler.

Hauler_6x6_zpsa81ecaf3.jpg

Got a link to instructions and part list? I don't have much of a collection of technic parts so buying sets is so much easier to build these things...

And again pneumatic cylinders.I´m tired of that, there is no need of longer cylinders.We have precise LA.

There's every need for longer cylinders, don't even start me on them horrid grey noisy pneumatic wannabes :) boom up mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm click click click click "quick turn me off I'm at the end :(

I really like the look of the new dIrt bike. Very well designed. Strange engine choice, but we'll just imagine it's a two-stroke twin :laugh: It's good to see any technic bike these days.

There isn't many high performance vehicles anymore. I think it's a case of the consumer defining the product. Construction equipment is much more popular here than anything else.

LA's are not supposed to replace Pneumatics... and Lego is clearly not dropping them off, much the opposite it seems! :classic:

Got a link to instructions and part list? I don't have much of a collection of technic parts so buying sets is so much easier to build these things...

Once you get tired or run out of official sets you can build one of these!

Here is the link:

http://www.designer-han.nl/lego/

Just click on the 'Articulated Hauler' tab on the left. Better yet, take a look at all of his great stuff!

Granted the last one was awesome but that was 7 years ago, has there not been any improvement since then?

The last one was 8053, which is awesome. My kids love it. Anyway, the new one goes to 11.

There's every need for longer cylinders, don't even start me on them horrid grey noisy pneumatic wannabes :) boom up mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm click click click click "quick turn me off I'm at the end :(

I dont have problem with that :laugh: , motorized excavator not be precise if there will be pneumatic cylinders.Pneumatic is great but not so precise at all.

For god's sake people, not again this LA vs. pneumatic discussion! Both have their pros and cons, and both have their fair share of loyal supporters. Let's leave it at that.

Wouldn't mind some moderation in this thread...

Anyway, back on topic! Looking forward to the new crane, with 5 axles it's got to be huge. I never got the chance to pick up 8421, and 8053 was disappointing imho.

Edited by jantjeuh

Maybe the crane will surprise us,sure we never know the full information of any flagship till at least February , there's always something ingesting lego keeps secret till near the end but we will have to wait and see :)