Sign in to follow this  

I wish this was a set. I'd certainly buy it! It would be even better, if it had RC. But I like it the way it is.

This is a great looking car! However, (quote)

Issues:

• The overall look is good, the front is badass, but the other parts (such as the rear) is nothing interesting

You're wrong. :wink: The rear is awesome. Very original and it fits the car well. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Kronos

LOL, I am sure he meant Nice car :thumbup: and I agree :thumbup:

Of course I am sorry :look: I mean :thumbup: , a lot of people will think this MOC is a Lego set, with this everything is said.

amazing! really well done mate! it seems an original lego and not a moc :P (and take it as a compliment :D)

I call the project finished. I redesigned the chassis, the LDD file is almost complete. Minor changes (mainly color) are still to be made (probably when I rebuild it)

view_01.jpg

view_02.jpg

bottom.jpg

Features:

-4 wheel drive

-3+R transmission with central differential. The transmission works much better than previously.

-steering with Ackermann, working steering wheel and HOG (it's at the windshield now). The steering works fine now, it hardly worked in the prototype

-V12 fake engine

-independent suspension on all wheels

-Everything can be opened.

More images here.

Video and real photos will be made in the weekend.

Edited by Lipko

I wonder what you call advanced, when you call this a simple model *huh*

I do recognize the 'Oops I've got too much functions in my model and now it is falling apart' issue. Reducing functionality at the start worked for me as well.

As for the issue with losing the overall structure during the build my solution is to make several copies at once. One that is solely aimed for structure & looks, so no internal gearing, functionality etc. Just some hinge points for the basic functionality. Then a second one that is almost the opposite, namely just the internal gearing & functionality.

And finally a third model which incorporates both the structure and the functionality.

All three variants are then developed iteratively, where solutions in one model affect the next iteration in the second one.

This approach makes the chess-like think ahead your moves a little easier in my experience.

But it does require more lego and you will always find yourself using those rare pieces right in the middle of your structure :wacko:

If I did that, I'd run out of pieces really quick! What I do is just build the chassis first, then build the body.

...i'm still confused about this bumping thing :grin:

Trying to add to your post count or be a moderator?

Sweet car btw the front is sick looking... totally worth the bump...

I apologize for what I'm going to write, I respect the author so very much, his skills is obviously much higher then my... But, may I finally say, that I don't like that hollfull (many holes) supercar design. Anyone with me? Why so much hype about such builds? I mean that the demonstration of the engineering skills is great, but the whole impression is not so. The complexity of the functions make such cars appear in rather big scale, then you need too many parts to cover that, to make the body. Because such high count of the body parts the overall look of the vehicle is too "trash-style". That's why I believe 8386 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10 is much more aesthetically balanced then 8674 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:8. The balance is the keyword. I can dream about a superfunctional LEGO supercar in a big scale with the body made just from a few sketchy soft axles, I'm sure it could look great and very stylish and logically proof.

I apologize for what I'm going to write, I respect the author so very much, his skills is obviously much higher then my... But, may I finally say, that I don't like that hollfull (many holes) supercar design. Anyone with me? Why so much hype about such builds? I mean that the demonstration of the engineering skills is great, but the whole impression is not so. The complexity of the functions make such cars appear in rather big scale, then you need too many parts to cover that, to make the body. Because such high count of the body parts the overall look of the vehicle is too "trash-style". That's why I believe 8386 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:10 is much more aesthetically balanced then 8674 Ferrari F1 Racer 1:8. The balance is the keyword. I can dream about a superfunctional LEGO supercar in a big scale with the body made just from a few sketchy soft axles, I'm sure it could look great and very stylish and logically proof.

What i really look for in models is their playability, functions, and amount of parts used to make it look both good and work smoothly (less parts = better, but it must meet requirements).

But, may I finally say, that I don't like that hollfull (many holes) supercar design. Anyone with me?

Sorry, I totally disagree with you on this. Modern, currently-available Lego Technic parts have Technic Pinholes in them for the modern Technic Liftarms. Get used to it.

Edited by DLuders

Sorry, I totally disagree with you on this. Modern, currently-available Lego Technic parts have Technic Pinholes in them for the modern Technic Liftarms. Get used to it.

I did not mean pinholes, just too many gaps everywhere :sceptic:

Well, until The Lego Group offers a better selection of Technic Panels to cover up the "gaps", there's not much one can do. It's hard to make curved shapes with a modeling system that uses primarily right angles. If you don't like "gaps", perhaps you should do Lego "System"-type building:

8430501213_53df82e5bd.jpg

Edited by DLuders