CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I agree I hate the genie tail. But I have no idea what it can be re-used for!!

Well, different ghost-types like the Flying Dutchman in 3817!

Didn't think about the snake-tail body not fitting in the bag. That's too bad!

Well, different ghost-types like the Flying Dutchman in 3817!

Didn't think about the snake-tail body not fitting in the bag. That's too bad!

Are you all sure that the snake tail wouldn't fit?

I wouldn't bet on that.

Are you all sure that the snake tail wouldn't fit?

I wouldn't bet on that.

The snake tail fits, but barely. You'd be able to tell it was a medusa just by looking at the bag - it would bulge out so much, you wouldn't even need to feel it.

Edited by Tkytko

The snake tail fits, but barely. You'd be able to tell it was a medusa just by looking at the bag - it would bulge out so much, you wouldn't even need to feel it.

So I'm leaded to believe they will reuse the genie leg piece in sand green

So I'm leaded to believe they will reuse the genie leg piece in sand green

It seems to me like normal green would be more likely (since that's the hair color). But who knows?

I don't get why they'd use a genie tail. I know the snake tail is a little big (I actually put the piece in an small opening of a S8 packet, and it didn't look bad), but I don't see how a genie tail would do any better.

-Sci

I hope they don't use the genie "legs", it wouldn't look good at all. Another idea would be the mermaid bottom, the fin at the end isn't very appropriate but it's much more snake-like than the genie piece.

For Medusa, I insist on the dress cloth over those legs someone had posted earlier... makes more sense.

I agree. Either that or a new mold, but that seems more likely.

A bit confused by Lego's choise of legs base colors. In the pictures of series 9 it seems that for Ceasar they used yellow legs with red printing, which looks as if he is mooning.

While for the series 10 Tomahawk warrior, who has basicaly naked legs just covered by a loin cloth, the yellow legs would do fine, they seem to use tan ones with yellow front printing. Which looks strange from the side...

My painter and decorator design isn't too far off the mark. Though it's worth pointing out that you can't use a paint roller without a paint tray. dipping it in a paint kettle (that's the correct terminology) just won't work. My Sky diver isn't too far off either. And although the Medusa is undoubtedly based on Toth's design I gave it go.

This is one of two designs where I used a bald pate piece. Which finally shows up on the Grandpa figure. I wish I'd kept up with finishing these designs off. I just haven't had time.

Am I the only one here who is barely excited for this series at all? Hopefully they are better than the pictures based on select parts would suggest. If not, this series could end up being one of my least favourite.

This Revolution Soldier torso will be perfect for making Swedish "Gustavian" soldiers, like in the pictures below :)

Revolution_Soldier_Missing_Legs.png

fa35d5777f2b4a35ae0c3d27f11e90ca.jpg

skedig080816-5.jpg

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

So basically all military uniforms of the past looked the same? They call it a colonial, but it could be French, and now Swedish. Either way, I'm excited for it! I want multiples of the bluecoat.

They certainly made it easy to spot each other back in the day. Rules of engagement were so different. the white cross on the chest is as good as painting a bullseye target on.

So basically all military uniforms of the past looked the same? They call it a colonial, but it could be French, and now Swedish. Either way, I'm excited for it! I want multiples of the bluecoat.

It seems like it... They weren't very original xD

What I would like the most of all things from LEGO would be this:

img-0175-karoliner2.jpg

Swedish Carolean soldiers, from the early 1700's. My favourite era of the Swedish Empire. (I'm a Swede). But I hardly think that the Danish LEGO would make a Swedish Carolean "kicker-of-Danish-bottoms" Soldier :(

Edited by Sigolf Brimabane

So far there was only one series (series 5) without a single figure I was interested in. This is the 2nd series for me, that is a complete pass. No SciFi-Figure, no classic monster etc. :-(

So Blacktron, are you saying you're not going to buy any of these?

Dude, I wish I had your will power! :laugh:

So far there was only one series (series 5) without a single figure I was interested in. This is the 2nd series for me, that is a complete pass. No SciFi-Figure, no classic monster etc. :-(

Monsters don't get much more 'classic' than Medusa, y'know :wink:

Monsters don't get much more 'classic' than Medusa, y'know :wink:

Additionally, I imagine some of the Paintball Player's parts could be excellent for sci-fi MOCs. They have a very edgy, futuristic aesthetic, and it'd be easy to treat the bright yellowish green paint splotches as freaky alien blood instead of paint.

So Blacktron, are you saying you're not going to buy any of these?

Dude, I wish I had your will power! :laugh:

Maybe I will buy a single Medusa and that's it.

@Aanchir: I agree with you. I love the new helmet, that comes with the paintball player. Also black is the perfect color to use it with some of my neo Blacktron astronauts. But the problem is the green paint on this helmet. That makes it very specific and completely useless for me. Maybe we have to wait years for a plain black version. I find Series 10 very disapointing.

Hopefully the Toy Soldier will not be the exclusive figure in the book as this would be something people would want to collect a number of.

That makes it very specific and completely useless for me. Maybe we have to wait years for a plain black version.

Yes it is very frustrating when a piece is too specific. For example, the Mechanic's name tag means that a group of mechanics will all have the same name and the Zookeeper in Series 5's torso said 'Zoo' so this would rule out using the torso for safari scenes. The Nurse's clipboard from Series 1 had a name on it too. The most annoying one was the number on the American footballer, which made the figure less desirable in terms of wanting several to make a team. Lego should think about these things before finalising each figure.