CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

There are some Ebay listings from Germany for regular figures.

I also found a german site that lists a display case of the series as available for shipping right now. I ordered one of them. I think it´s a 30 fig display but it doesn´t tell on the site.

http://www.buecher.de/shop/spielwaren/lego-minifiguren-serie-10-display/-/products_products/detail/prod_id/36335845/

If you want to order from there, here is a coupon code for saving 5€. MMR7-9C5X-PU1H-Z384

Same here! It must be, as Hungary sellers' shipments arrive to the US months later. :grin:

Well, that guy bought 6 figures from me. Though it's probably not from my shipment as it hasn't arrived yet. (He just made the purchase a few days ago.)

You are wrong about shipping times though. I have posted 6 figures to the US on April 3rd. Those were in the hands of my US customer on April 8th. That was on the fast side but usually it's no more than 10 days.

I also found a german site that lists a display case of the series as available for shipping right now.

Too bad that it seems like they only ship within europe :(

I checked my local TRU and they weren't there.

They will be available in May 1 or at the end of April.

I don't know if this is legit but it's too funny not to share:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/LEGO-71001-Minifigur-Serie-10-Mister-Gold-SUPERSELTEN-NR-865-von-5000-/261200943042?pt=DE_AllesfürdKind_Spielzeug_Lego&hash=item3cd0ca17c2#ht_1517wt_685

999€ for Mister Gold... if this is true some people are really out of their mind.

Edited by Yatkuu

Kind of shocked no one has mentioned this: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-71001-series-10-minifigures-now-available-at-fred-meyer-usa/ I'll be swinging by my local fred meyer on the way home tonight.

Edit: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/9581/series-10-cmf#latest Someone at BrickSet is reporting Target has them.

Edited by KyleJohnson11

I looked on Target.com and saw nothing.

They will be available in May 1 or at the end of April.

I knew that. I was responding to the listing that Just2good posted!

I looked on Target.com and saw nothing.

I knew that. I was responding to the listing that Just2good posted!

Target.com usually doesn't list the CMFs. As well as polybags. Such an inconvenience.

$T2eC16RHJGUFFh9EojdmBRbF6IjWog~~60_12.JPG

"You're gonna lose your mind looking for gold"

My mom told, I got scold, "No more LEGO"

All I feel are ballers, soldiers, a grand papa

Trendsetter, painter and Medusa

Yeah, I was litening to both Weird Al's Couch Potato and Eminem's Lose Yourself early today. :laugh:

Edited by just2good

Oh my gosh! Where did you get the photo, and why do I see pearl gold on the lightsaber hilt piece?

Edited by 8BrickMario

Oh my gosh! Where did you get the photo, and why do I see pearl gold on the lightsaber hilt piece?

Could be a matter of how the chrome treatment is applied. If it requires dipping the part into a solution, there may be some mechanism holding it by that stud so that it's not just floating freely.

Apparently there are two of these guys on eBay currently, from the same seller in Germany. I hope that's not a sign that distribution of these is seriously imbalanced. Two of this super-rare fig obtained by the same person so soon after release doesn't exactly bode well.

Holy shine! :tongue: That is one shiny figure, here is me expecting a warm gold figure. But if I were lucky enough to get one I would go to the local 2 dollar shop and buy a plastic display case, because that figure looks e-xpens-ive.

Could be a matter of how the chrome treatment is applied. If it requires dipping the part into a solution, there may be some mechanism holding it by that stud so that it's not just floating freely.

I know nothing of the manufacturing process and even less about chroming but what you are describing sounds highly unlikely to me. If LEGO really wanted to chrome a piece I trust they could find a way to do it entirely.

For instance, let’s consider the head – if the chroming process required to hold the piece while dipping it in a solution shouldn’t the bottom of the part be of a different color? The same goes with the shaft and the other pieces.

The only Chrome piece I have in my collection are the Silver Chrome exhaust pipe, I do not believe that there is a "non chromed end" to it… but I’ll check tonight.

Ooh shiny, I was on the way to post this news but im clearly too late. Anyway this figure is great but is it really worth that much? That's 500 regular figures or one of every single figure on ebay with change!

I know nothing of the manufacturing process and even less about chroming but what you are describing sounds highly unlikely to me. If LEGO really wanted to chrome a piece I trust they could find a way to do it entirely.

For instance, let’s consider the head – if the chroming process required to hold the piece while dipping it in a solution shouldn’t the bottom of the part be of a different color? The same goes with the shaft and the other pieces.

The only Chrome piece I have in my collection are the Silver Chrome exhaust pipe, I do not believe that there is a "non chromed end" to it… but I’ll check tonight.

Not all chrome parts are treated the same way, I'd wager, particularly ones like this that are (presumably) made in China.

Similarly, metallic lacquered parts in Chinese-made sets are often different than in other sets, in that metallic lacquered helmets and accessories usually leave the underside untreated. The Spartan Warrior's helmet, the Karate Master's trophy, and the Sumo Wrestler's trophy are all Brick Yellow (tan) on the underside, while the S1 Robot's helmet and the S4 Soccer Player's trophy are Medium Stone Grey (light bley) on the underside. My guess is that in their case, the metallic color is sprayed or brushed on, unlike the similarly-colored parts in non-Chinese parts which may be submerged in a solution or (more likely, given the color names) tumbled in a rotating drum containing the color treatment much like how the colorful sugar coating is applied to jelly beans.

Incidentally, some older metallic-colored parts also seemed to have the color sprayed or brushed onto a part, and not applied to the entirety of the part, such as the metallic gold Throwbot disks from 1999. The process of applying a metallic color to the entire part presumably came later, even though chrome-finish parts had been metallized all over well before that point.

Not all chrome parts are treated the same way, I'd wager, particularly ones like this that are (presumably) made in China.

I should have known better than to challenge you on that topic! :wink:

I guess what you say makes sense, not treating the underside of a piece seems like a legitimate way of reducing costs. This piece here is something else however because the untreated part is clearly visible.

I think the result is really disappointing, in particular for something so rare and supposedly "valuable".