CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

But how can you distinguish a realisticly painted terracotta soldier from a real ancient Chinese warrior? You cannot see the material (clay or leather/flesh) in lego, it would be just plastic :)

I do not agree.

Terracotta is tan/dark tan. Every cm is yellow. It would just need to change the tone.

I do not agree.

Terracotta is tan/dark tan. Every cm is yellow. It would just need to change the tone.

That is actually not true at all. Every series has at least one figure that is not yellow. A Terracotta Warrior could be done incredibly easily. But this is a discussion for Series 11, which a Terracotta Warrior is not a part of, so why don't we focus the discussion towards the upcoming Series 11? I'm still kind of unsure about this list.... It just doesn't sound real to me, but we'll just have to wait.

That is actually not true at all. Every series has at least one figure that is not yellow. A Terracotta Warrior could be done incredibly easily. But this is a discussion for Series 11, which a Terracotta Warrior is not a part of, so why don't we focus the discussion towards the upcoming Series 11? I'm still kind of unsure about this list.... It just doesn't sound real to me, but we'll just have to wait.

I was clearly refering to the default tone.

It sounds like he knows, he's just saying the idea of a one-off colored figure to match what TLG would (hypothetically) be trying to recreate isn't out of the question. I'd like to see a full dark tan Terracotta Warrior myself. :sweet:

Guess I'm not going to be the first one to jump in and say this... I found series 10 to be incredibly disappointing, so am really happy about this list (if accurate).

At the same time, I really wish TLG would go back to having at least three complete series in each box. I think the reason they need to resort to garbage like "Mr. Gold" is because series 10 was so weak and, at the same time, the scarcity of some figures has made some customers annoyed.

Onto the list - I love complementary characters, so the evil mech, grandma, bavarian lady, and others are great - they make those previous "one-offs" that may have limited use on their own become a lot more interesting. Scarecrow, tiki warrior, and yeti all sound really neat - I can't wait to see the designs. I hope, unlike the fairy, they are actually good.

The Alexandre Boudon concepts have been, so far, a lot better than anything we got. They are wonderful designs - I wish LEGO would stop being so "proud" and just work a deal to use those designs.

I'm still drifting in and out of "darkness" (not quite dark ages); CMFs are the only "must" thing I'm getting, and I wish there were more of what I consider "must haves." I know we all want different things, but I always get a complete series and I'm a lot more excited about it when I actually like the majority of the designs.

Actually, it wasn't very clear to me. The way that it read to me. It read ti me that every CMF made was yellow. But let's focus on the guessing game. :classic:

Onto the list - I love complementary characters, so the evil mech, grandma, bavarian lady, and others are great - they make those previous "one-offs" that may have limited use on their own become a lot more interesting.

I'm not particularly a fan of complimentary characters (eg. male & female surfer). I'd rather see a new design of a different character than a repeated character. Sometimes I feel the complimentary figures are different enough to be interesting (eg. mermaid & Sea King) but most times it just strikes me as lazy. Either that or they have many unique ideas for different figures and plan to spread them across different series', interspersing them with repeated character types.

To each their own though!

I'm not particularly a fan of complimentary characters (eg. male & female surfer). I'd rather see a new design of a different character than a repeated character. Sometimes I feel the complimentary figures are different enough to be interesting (eg. mermaid & Sea King) but most times it just strikes me as lazy. Either that or they have many unique ideas for different figures and plan to spread them across different series', interspersing them with repeated character types.

To each their own though!

Sure, I can see that! I agree - but the complimentary characters I liked were not really like that - except the Bavarian Lady, who I like to do a Beer-fest with the guy; It's the good/bad ones (the mechs), the ones that help round out a story (grandma and little red riding hood), and, like you said, the mermaid and sea king.

I'll admit the skateboarders, skiers, surfers - don't really do a whole lot for me.

But like you said, for some people, those are the characters that round out the story or MOC idea in their heads.

At the same time, I really wish TLG would go back to having at least three complete series in each box. I think the reason they need to resort to garbage like "Mr. Gold" is because series 10 was so weak and, at the same time, the scarcity of some figures has made some customers annoyed.

I agree, it was hard and expensive enough to find a set previously... with most stores in my area only getting a couple of boxes... it's nearly impossible to get a complete set.

I agree, it was hard and expensive enough to find a set previously... with most stores in my area only getting a couple of boxes... it's nearly impossible to get a complete set.

Why? I do not agree, it's slightly difficult, but saying it's nearly impossible is way too harsh.

I had three complete sets, one for me, two for friends, and had no problems in getting them.

It depends where you are - LEGO is apparently very big around here, you can drive place to place and they're actually sold out. Trying to get some of the exclusive polybags (like they sometimes have at TRU) is a nightmare...

It's why I just buy a box online now. It isn't impossible to get complete sets, but it can be VERY difficult.

I concur. It can be near impossible to complete sets around me as well. Most of the stores around me never even got in series 9, so to complete that set took a little more digging. So far, series 10 has been more widely available (probably because of Mr Gold), but it also has been sold out or near sold out at most of the stores I've visited and it hasn't been out too long. Thankfully I did find my complete set and a few extras, but I can understand the frustration trying to find the rarer figures when everyone around you is sold out.

I concur. It can be near impossible to complete sets around me as well. Most of the stores around me never even got in series 9, so to complete that set took a little more digging. So far, series 10 has been more widely available (probably because of Mr Gold), but it also has been sold out or near sold out at most of the stores I've visited and it hasn't been out too long. Thankfully I did find my complete set and a few extras, but I can understand the frustration trying to find the rarer figures when everyone around you is sold out.

Ok I can understand your position, but you still have:

-TLG site.

-bricklink

-ebay

-exchange forums

I mean... there's always a way to complete your collection.

By the way back on the rack to series 11: i read many believe the scarecrow will have tonto's hairpiece. Who agrees it would be very disappointing? Who also thinks there are odds that the yeti will use the "Gorilla" headgear from LoC?

I agree, there are always ways to complete a collection, but it isn't always the most convenient. We are talking about having enough of the set available around you to finish a set. Plus it ends up being more expensive to do ebay/bricklink to finish a set since sellers mark up from the original MSRP. So having them available in a nearby store would be ideal and that's what we talked about.

As far as a scarecrow having Tonto's hairpiece? I've never heard that. I picture a wizard hat on a scarecrow, I would never think to have Native American hair on them. And I don't see why they would reuse a piece that was designed for a Licensed product. I don't recall them ever doing that before and I don't see them doing it now.

I would agree that it would be unlikely the scarecrow would use Tonto's hairpiece, but I do think it's likely enough that it uses Tonto's crow.

I would agree that it would be unlikely the scarecrow would use Tonto's hairpiece, but I do think it's likely enough that it uses Tonto's crow.

Naah I'm sure we will get a recolored seagul :)

Naah I'm sure we will get a recolored seagul :)

Yes, that's also quite possible. :classic:

Why? I do not agree, it's slightly difficult, but saying it's nearly impossible is way too harsh.

I had three complete sets, one for me, two for friends, and had no problems in getting them.

Simple, I have only 3 stores that have carried the figures, each only got a total of 4 boxes so unless I am there when the boxes are put out... the rare ones are already gone. In the case of one stores I learned in the morning the figures had been put out, by the time I got there the boxes where cleared out. The nearest stores from there are more then 110 miles away, it's cheaper to hunt on ebay then take that drive in the hopes of finding the rarer figures.

It depends where you are - LEGO is apparently very big around here, you can drive place to place and they're actually sold out. Trying to get some of the exclusive polybags (like they sometimes have at TRU) is a nightmare...

It's why I just buy a box online now. It isn't impossible to get complete sets, but it can be VERY difficult.

Exactly my problem where I live. The solution is either the local stores sell more boxes, which means Lego distro supplies more. Or there are more complete sets in each box, 2 just does not cut it.

By the way back on the rack to series 11: i read many believe the scarecrow will have tonto's hairpiece. Who agrees it would be very disappointing?

I have heard many people suggesting using the Butch Cavendish hairpiece from The Lone Ranger, which would be far more suitable.

I have heard many people suggesting using the Butch Cavendish hairpiece from The Lone Ranger, which would be far more suitable.

I think I was the first to say that. Brown hat + yellow hair=replicated scarecrow hat and straw hair. I'd love to see the triangular nose and friendly smile. Even better still, arm printing to look like straw coming out the sleeves!

My Thoughts

Yeti -

Evil Mech -

Welder -

Lady Robot - Possible based on a female android.

Jazz Musician - Could be a New Orleans inspired Jazz Musician with either a trumpet or a saxophone.

Constable - It might be based on that picture, but with a dark blue walkies-talkie and a black handcuffs.

Holiday Elf - As based on that picture with a short legs.

Bavarian Lady -

Scarecrow -

Mountain Climber -

Grandma -

Tiki Warrior -

Gingerbread Man -

Barbarian -

Dinner Waitress -

Scientist -

Not yet finished...

I'll probably just Bricklink the Yeti, Jazz musician, Constable and Scarecrow.