CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

Man, that Blues Brother is wicked! I think it's great that this series is expanding the boundaries of female faces (lots of spectacles) and hairpieces.

Here's my opinion on the figures...

CAT! Cat cat cat cat cat cat CAT! A new cat! <3

Rest of the figures, they'll do.

Why am I not surprised by that reaction from you? :laugh:

Edited by 8BrickMario

The first minifigures that were shown seemed completely MEH to me TBH (Except for the yeti) But WOW! The rest are completely gorgeous :wub:

I just noticed, but the rope the Mountain Climber is holding could potentially be given to Samwise Gamgee to represent his Elven rope. :sweet:

Edited by Legomaster34

Hohoho Look at this Grandma have a CAT! I bet they will appear in many new sets :D

My fav is still Yeti- He is just georgous. But all females are great too and I will try to buy some of them!

I must be the only one who likes the mountain climber. he fits in perfectly with the two skiers and two snowboarders we have already. If you look at the mountain climbers torso his chest emblem has a medical star on top of a mountain peak. Which seems to signify that this is mountain rescue not just a mountain climber.Also the red of his outfit would suggest that too. Give this guy a ski-mobile or rescue helicopter and he'll look a lot better and make more sense.

Of course I could be wrong and Lego intended him to be nothing more than a rock climber. I'm going to get a few and have a mountain rescue team. It'll fit in well with the forest fire and police City sets from last year.

I was wondering at all of the hate towards the mountain climber, he's the only one I really am interested in.

I'm a mountaineer and my summit gear is red/black, so this CMF is perfect. Its cool he has a helmet, but I think a parka hood would have been more appropriate.

He's not a winter climber. I could see him scaling cliffs in the summer, but he has nothing to do with icy and snowy mountains.

I don't know why LEGO placed the Lady Robot and Gingerbread Man's heads in the "put on top of the minifigure head" category instead of "put on neck" category, either. And the Dastan hair is pretty common now. It appears on all of these minifigs.

Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. I think I've seen it a few times, actually, and it doesn't really bug me all that much. I'm really bored with the Barbarian. And I don't see a problem with the scientist's hair. Even if we've seen it, we've seen a lot of other pieces over again as well, so I don't mind. Hoping we see some physical figures soon!

I know that I am a little late to the game, but here are my considerations, as well as potential numbers:

Barbarian: Definitely thinking about a pairing with the Gladiator, the legs look good. One.

Scarecrow: Potential for both realistic and horror MOCs. I will probably have it up with my Monster Fighters monsters. One.

Bavarian Lady: Interesting looking, and pretzels are always welcome. An excellent companion to the Lederhosen Guy, and a nice bar wench for a medieval tavern. One.

Evil Mech: Another robot. Still, it's another robot. One.

Tiki Warrior: The Islanders have returned! An Army for me.

Gingerbread Man: Since I collect build a big display for Christmas, this will go great with Santa, and other "toy" figures. Five to Ten.

Holiday Elf: See the Gingerbread Man. Ten to Twenty.

Yeti: I love the look, and once again, another denizen of the North Pole. One.

Mountain Climber: I was very skeptical, but I like it a lot. I think a few will work well with the Forest Police, and the Firefighters. Two or Three.

Welder: I like it. It will work well with the mechanics. I am also thinking the helmet might be a good start for a purist Mark I Ironman. One. Maybe Two for Parts.

Scientist: I am not sure, but it might make a good doctor. One.

Jazz Musician: The next step is making a police car. Have to go with Two.

Diner Waitress: It's a food industry related figure, so I need one for my kitchen. One.

Grandma: I want to like it, but I just can't. None.

Constable: I like it, and it will pair well with a variety of previous figures. I am especially thinking the Detective and Businessman. Inspector Lestrange, perhaps? Two or Three.

Lady Robot: The clockwork robot has a girlfriend. One.

Hmm, give the S11 Scarecrow the DC Scarecrow's head, and it would be a perfect Monster Fighters demonic scarecrow. Nice idea!

Edited by 8BrickMario

As someone who doesn't have hours to spend "feeling" packet after packet, this series is awesome! So many big, easily identifiable pieces. Series 10 drove me nuts trying to distiguish different minifigs. I know many on here can't relate and are masters of "the feel", but when you've got kids in tow, nice, big accessories make my searching so much easier.

Series 11 places in my Top 5 for several reasons:

• The 7 excellently designed figures of (Scarecrow) (Bavarian Lady) (Tiki Warrior) (Holiday Elf) (Yeti) (Mountain Climber) and (Constable)
  • I believe these are the most accessories we've seen in a minifigure series (I count 25 pieces - including the crow)
  • The compatibility of these figures/accessories with my other sets (Grandma, Elf, Yeti and sax in my Winter Village sets) (Rope for Samwise Gamgee - Nice idea Legomaster!) (Scarecrow in my Mill Village Raid set) and finally (the constable's stick for a decent bludgeon beater for Quidditch).
  • Only downside are the following 3 figures: Diner Waitress (Terrible color) Evil Mech and Female Robot (Drab repeats from other series)

Great to finally see the pictures; I saw on my tablet last night, but not motivated enough to type up a big post on it (nor turn on my computer).

So...

• Barbarian: Cool; nothing special, though, I can't think of anything to do with it.
  • Scarecrow... I like it, but would be thrilled if it was a two sided head with a mean look.
  • Bavarian Woman: great, but really only to make a little MOC with the guy; I like that, as time goes on, we have more and more matching figures that complement each other.
  • Evil Mech: not a big fan of the genre, but nice to have another match.
  • Tiki Warrior: This ties for my favorite of the series!
  • Gingerbread guy: I almost wish he had a normal head, but he's cool, and the mug is cool.
  • Elf: this is a great elf for Christmas displays; the extra teddy bear is cool; I think the present is going above and beyond what they need to offer; I don't know if that's a new printed tile, but it looks great.
  • Yeti: take away the ice pop and it's usable.
  • Mountain Climber: I like him, but can't think of what to do with him. Sure, I could waste a ton of gray slopes making a mountain for him to climb... but... uh... no.
  • Welder: mask and blowtorch = cool... Can do a Zombie MOC where they're reinforcing a vehicle with spikes or something (doubt I'll ever do this, though).
  • Scientist: I like the scientist, but why is the male scientist crazy, and the female "normal?" They don't match. I don't mind having more professional female figures, though.
  • Jazz Musician: Blues Brother's MOCs, here we come! Ties for my favorite! The SAX is awesome... any of the third party sites have harmonicas? This is almost disappointing in a way, because I have so little time to build; I've been making 8x8s when I have a couple of hours to spare, I desperately will want to build a Blues Mobile, or a stage scene, but just don't see the spare time in my future.
  • Waitress? Roller waitress? Interesting, but not really that great.
  • Grandma... great to complete Red Riding Hood MOCs; add the wolf man from the monster fighter series, and you've got something going on. I like plain, every day figures, too, that can be used to flesh out a city.
  • Bobbie: I like, but don't have much use for.
  • Robot: nice complement for the other robot, but otherwise "meh."

I have to say, I think this is one of the better series, overall. No "army builders," for me, but definitely several that I'll want a few of.

Let's see them screw us, now, with only 2 Jazz musicians, tiki warriors, scare crows, and gingerbread men, while giving us 6 waitresses and mountain climbers per box.

Thanks for the links and pics guys.

Am I right to say that the CMF is one of the -- if not THE -- best Lego line ever?

Barbarian: Looks like a cross between jungle boy and gladiator. I will be getting at least 1

Scarecrow: Nice usage for the Lone Ranger crow. Will be getting 1

Bavarian Lady: Perhaps my favorite fig of this bunch. Might get 3 or 4

Evil Mech: Cool design but still not interested. Getting 0

Tiki Warrior: Looks a bit more evil than I expected. Will get at least 1

Gingerbread Man: Head looks a bit wierd. Still I will get 1

Holiday Elf: Face reminds me of the Hunchback of Notre Dame. Only thing here I'm really liking is the hat with ears. Getting 1

Yeti: Would have bought one if the head was like the cyclops. Since its not I might get one but I'm not decided.

Welder: Even though I'm not a city fan, this is a must have. Getting 1

Constable: Nice. Getting 1

Jazz Musician: Another great fig. Getting 1

Scientist: Not interested other than the blue hands.

Mountain Climber: could have been great if LEGO hadn't cheated with the ice pick. Should be called Mountain Miner. Getting 0

Diner Waitress: The color really is not attractive, neither do I like the face.

Grandma: Not what I was expecting. I don't like the new cat mold. Getting 0

Lady Robot: Quite possibly the most pointless CMF of any series. Getting 0

Thanks for the links and pics guys.

Am I right to say that the CMF is one of the -- if not THE -- best Lego line ever?

I'm going to hold my judgement until I hold the figures but it is definitely great! I usually compare to Series 7, which I loved.

What really amazes me is that even after some have complained that TLG is carrying this theme too far, they can still come out with a series that everyone loves!

Grandma - Why are the eyes so small? The cat is awesome, but I'm not getting the basket.

I actually like them :look: I was getting tired of the huge grins and huge eyes (red cheerleader, hula girl, etc.... and now this waitress and the bavarian girl :sick: )

That saxophone man is too good to be true :cry_happy: I'm getting two

Edited by Otherworld

Let's see them screw us, now, with only 2 Jazz musicians, tiki warriors, scare crows, and gingerbread men, while giving us 6 waitresses and mountain climbers per box.

Oh, no you may be right. If the Waitress is one of the most common I would be really unhappy with their choice. The Constable seems like a better candidate. Crossing my fingers.

I too am excited about the cat. What are they good for? For riding on the back studs of bicycles of course! The previous cat looked too scared but this new one would be perfect. Now I wish I had a black one with go with the witch.

Um, these are in Poland only. It may take a while for LEGO to send them to him. Be patient. But I do want to see physical pics of the rest of the series, other than the first 5 revealed.

He's not a winter climber. I could see him scaling cliffs in the summer, but he has nothing to do with icy and snowy mountains.

I see what you're saying, but as a rock climber and mountaineer I will tell you one doesn't use an ax when scaling rock faces in the summer. Ice axes are using when you're on snow and ice (like glacier travel, and climbing snowy peaks) where you may need to self-arrest (unless you're actually ice climbing, then you use ice tools) :wink:

Summer or winter notwithstanding, it's more about the type of climb you're on. I can see him being dressed for a spring ascent of a glaciated peak. He should have gloves, though, if one is being picky.

I had my fingers crossed that the masquerade Islander would have a somewhat nice face under that behemoth mask, but the glimpses of those tribal tattoos around his eyes means my hopes are basically dashed. He's probably one of my favourites.

Interesting that after each reveal, people call the line revealed the best ever.

To me, some figs are well done, but it is finally a line that I will not need a single fig of.

I appreciate the usage of a crow. Swarms (which I am trying at the moment) will be much cheaper to build than buying loads of Tontos.

Maybe the policemans helmet looks nice if painted silver.

Do we think the pretzel girls skirt is cloth? It looks solid somehow, which would be a new approach.