Klaus-Dieter

2013 Lone Ranger Sets

Put the 1x2 brick/plate on the horse then have the figure sit on top. It would give an appearance of riding without a saddle instead of the big gap on the side whilst standing.

That is a good idea with a 1x2 plate. Would Lego bother with a horse head reprint for Shadowfax? I guess it's the same piece of plastic without extra printing, not sure if they would considering they don't worry about exact details like Orcrist mold or Tauriel's daggers.

WOW. Now what to get? Can someone recommend the top 2 sets in their opinion? Please? :cry_happy:

I really like the stagecoach and the train in particular.

WOW. Now what to get? Can someone recommend the top 2 sets in their opinion? Please? :cry_happy:

Personally my favorites are the Colby City and the Mine.

Since I plan to buy whole new castle wave I'll have to skip lone ranger. sadly.but true. But Im glad there is alot.of horses which will drop the prices at BL 3:)

Only sets I'm buying are the Silver Mine & the Duell in Colby City. The Coach is just too expensive (and out of proportion if you want to display it with the town.)

I'm quite happy the sets didn't turn out to be overwhelmingly exciting - which I always see as a "good" point since I don't have to spend much on every new theme the pops out like this one. The sets are pretty decent, though the two sets that appeal to me the most and would probably end up getting are the Stage Coach and the Cavalry Builder sets - the two have the two main protagonists (Lone Ranger and Tonto), a damsel in distress (with that lovely new hair-hat mold), the baddies, and the new horses in the three main colors (white, black, brown). Plus, I like the design of the stage coach despite the slightly larger size than it should be.

The mine has dark tan Burps, and those horns on the cow skull appear to be a new mold.

Oh, BTW, Turner Classic Movies is showing a Lone Ranger movie at this moment.

There's no connecting rods or drive rods on the train! They are even featured as a projectile in the trailer. How could LEGO decide against something that shoots in one of their sets! Well I guess that no connecting rods or drive rods is better than flick fire connecting rods or something like that.

I really want to buy this theme but sadly my paltry income doesn't allow it. It might actually come to pass that I won't be able to afford any Lego in 2013. If nothing else I'll try and get some minifigs and horses. Update my Fort Legoredo set.

There's no connecting rods or drive rods on the train! They are even featured as a projectile in the trailer. How could LEGO decide against something that shoots in one of their sets! Well I guess that no connecting rods or drive rods is better than flick fire connecting rods or something like that.

Lego probbaly didn't know about it, they saw the original script and some stills and a brief amount of footage. The shooting rod was most likely added at the last minute, to make a cool shot, even though it's not even a new thing. I can think of at least three movies in which projectiles fly of something and narrowly miss a person.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8504/8307482867_16b3b393e1.jpg

I stitched all the photos together to replicate the actual Lego Catalog layout, and to give everyone a better view of the sets together! I'll be buying some of the sets for pieces (as I do with most licensed themes); such as the white and black variants of the new horse, the silver bars, the canoe, Native Americans, new hats/faces/torsos/legs and a few other accessories.

Edited by I Scream Clone
Changed to link

Regardless of how the movie turns out (I hope it's not too bad - I always love a fun western), I'll have to buy all of these. While this isn't the ideal Western theme that I would have hoped for, these are all really nice looking sets. The Mine, Train, and Carriage are the big standouts from the line, but the other three aren't far behind. It'll be interesting to see how much track the train comes with. I'd imagine it'll just be a circle, but maybe it could be more interesting.

Speaking of the movie and whether it will be good or not... I was highly skeptical of Dark Shadows and my wife and I loved the 60's classic and even the 80's revival. We were so skeptical we skipped the theater but rented it recently on dvd and we loved it. So I think I'm going to leave my opinion open until I see it.

Carousel, please don't deep link the Lone Ranger pictures. TLG has already asked us to remove pictures of Lone Ranger sets as per Disney's lawyers instructions.

Thanks.

Wow, I am really liking these. The mine may actually look better then the old Bandit's Secret Hideout. (A good deal more expensive though.) As a big LEGO Train fan I am most looking forward to the Constitution Train Chase. The locomotive itself really looks nice, although I actually wish that it was black instead of green, and I hope that the final set has side rods on the drive wheels. Really don't care for the two cars, but the locomotive makes up for those.

Having seen the pics a couple weeks ago Im actuly really

excited about these sets! I really like the stage coach, all the sets

vaguely remind me of the old western sets and eagerly await

the chance to get some Old West sets into my collection.

Must get some white new horse molds. So that means definitely getting a few sets of the Cavalry. I might bricklink the minifigs since I wont have use for them. The stagecoach is really detailed and I like the Bandit mines, not sure at this point if I'll get more of these or the new castle or the LOTR new sets. It's either the Bandit mines, Dragon Mountain, Gatehouse or Black Gates set.

A thought occurred to me. Will any of the horse saddles fit on the new horse molds?

Edited by Mahtion

A thought occurred to me. Will any of the horse saddles fit on the new horse molds?

Yes, the saddle piece hasn't changed. One size fits all. :classic:

The minifigs are true masterpieces, especially the natives. I think I spot a female native on top of the mine, too... The beautiful stagecoach is the only set I must get, though, the figs in other sets I'll probably buy separately from Bricklink.

I realized that I do need to pick up multiples of the Cavalry set, as upon a recent re-watching of Return of the King, I realized that Theoden rides a white horse. I never thought the Lone Ranger would let me expand my LOTR.