CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

I really really really hate memes, but only one image can describe this.

HAHA JUST KIDDING! I would never use a meme! It's just this piece, usually used as a wheel.

Still a pretty creative idea, though.

Edited by Ricecracker
Don't quote images...

I never even knew you could attach studs to those rims.. It never crossed my mind. Kinda crazy to learn that from an official set, that sort of stuff is usually reserved for the crazy MOC people.

Yeah, seriously awesome technique on that red team flier. The red robot's head is just absolute MADNESS in design - but I think I love it!

The Interceptor is awesome. At first I was hoping for something a little larger, but it's really great as-is. It looks like the cockpit rotates (B-Wing style) as well as separates!

For me, it's the Ultra-Drill Walker. I think it's the 7066 of the Mars Mission line (despite it's cliched name). I'm still in love with that set.

Best Mars Mission set IMHO. I still have it displayed.

So far, the Swarm Interceptor is my favorite GS set. The Bug Obliterator looks good when the two vehicles are separated, but it looks like an orange and white parade float when they're combined. In flight configuration, it has a chunky Vic Viperish feel to it that I like. The copious same-design gun array is a bit redundant, and makes it look cluttered. Sometimes less is more.

The Swarm Interceptor and the Legends of Chima Eagle Jet are two of my most anticipated sets this year.

They are NOW up on the Lego USA website for purchase.

The Vermin Vaporizor photos weren't up yet but you can still add it to your cart and buy it.

That red android looks like something from Mon Calamari.

I was thinking the same thing...definitely an Admiral Ackbar look to it. These robot head designs are cool; it's a shame they're not helmets.

I was thinking the same thing...definitely an Admiral Ackbar look to it. These robot head designs are cool; it's a shame they're not helmets.

His head looks more like the Slave One to me.

They are NOW up on the Lego USA website for purchase.

The Vermin Vaporizor photos weren't up yet but you can still add it to your cart and buy it.

Wow this was unexpected. I'll be buying out this whole theme for sure. :thumbup:

S@H Germany....no squads in sight. :hmpf_bad:

Yep, same as city. At least the Hobbit sets have now shown up.

Dang it, the smallest set is $12. I thought LEGO was going to start pricing stuff at $10. :sad:

Edited by just2good

Has anyone noticed that the cockpit on the swarm interceptor is a new piece? If you look closly, the cockpit opens, and this is accomplished by attaching the cockpit with clips instead of the old stud piece

Surprised to see that nearly all of the sets are priced above 10 cents per piece in the U.S. Especially considering the new Hobbit sets are nearly all priced below 10 cents per piece.. Usually it's the other way around. Not that these Galaxy Squad sets are wildly expensive, but still, they could've surely taken $5 off of most of them.

But I wonder when these are supposed to be released in Europe. I've only seen talk of March, which completely sucks if it's true. But no local web shops are listing them for pre-order either (while they are listing new City/Ninjago/Chima/etc. sets for pre-order) so I'm definitely worried that's this won't be out here for another QUARTER of a year. UGH.

Has anyone noticed that the cockpit on the swarm interceptor is a new piece? If you look closly, the cockpit opens, and this is accomplished by attaching the cockpit with clips instead of the old stud piece

It's not really new; it's been in some Star Wars sets this year already.

WTF? The english descriptions call the aliens buggoids and mostitoids! HOW THE...

Anyway, these sets look far better in these pictures than the ones we had before. I am amazed with the red robot, but the head piece is nothing new. (This is what happens when you obsessivly pour over priliminaries for hours on end.)

Is it bright green on the Vermin Vaporizor? It looks different in various pics so i'm not getting a handle on which green it actually is. I hope it isn't bright green as that's just so garish. Regular green is much better but I suppose Lego will probably replace regular green with bright green eventually.

WTF? The english descriptions call the aliens buggoids and mostitoids! HOW THE...

You mean mosquitoid. I quite like those names for the alien races. Not the most creative, but they're suitable.

Plus, it's not like they're any worse than LEGO's names for the heroes... Solomon Blaze, Billy Starbeam, Chuck Stonebreaker, Jack Fireblade and Ashley Starstrider. :laugh:

But I suppose in a way it's okay. There's Luke Skywalker after all (who originally was to be called Annikkin Starkiller).

Surprised to see that nearly all of the sets are priced above 10 cents per piece in the U.S. Especially considering the new Hobbit sets are nearly all priced below 10 cents per piece.. Usually it's the other way around. Not that these Galaxy Squad sets are wildly expensive, but still, they could've surely taken $5 off of most of them.

But I wonder when these are supposed to be released in Europe. I've only seen talk of March, which completely sucks if it's true. But no local web shops are listing them for pre-order either (while they are listing new City/Ninjago/Chima/etc. sets for pre-order) so I'm definitely worried that's this won't be out here for another QUARTER of a year. UGH.

I feel the same way. The prices aren't ridiculous, but definitely a bit higher than usual for an unlicensed theme. It's anyone's guess as to why.

Edited by Algernon

I feel the same way. The prices aren't ridiculous, but definitely a bit higher than usual for an unlicensed theme. It's anyone's guess as to why.

There are quite a few new molds being used, as well as new colors of existing molds.

There are quite a few new molds being used, as well as new colors of existing molds.

I suppose. But that's also true for the Hobbit sets (all those new hair molds! wargs! pretzels!). But like I said, it's not like these sets are priced like it's a highway robbery, but I do think it's a bit curious that nearly all of them are above the magical 10 cents limit.

If these sets take more than two months to be released in Europe, LEGO's going to have a major complaint department letter on their hands...

That's true enough. Still, not as many new molds as the original Insectoids. :tongue: