CM4Sci

2013 Galaxy Squad

I actually REALLY like the purple "insect" pods. They remind me of The Collectors from Mass Effect 2. Very collectable (pun intended).

Edited by Algernon

Got from Brickipedia

Space Swarmer=$14.99

Bug Obliterator=$99.99

That was all there.

Sounds like TRU prices to me.

Got from Brickipedia

Space Swarmer=$14.99

Bug Obliterator=$99.99

That was all there.

Sounds like TRU prices to me.

Agreed. $79.99, or even $89.99, sounds much better for a non-licensed LEGO like Bug Obliterator.

Those prices on Brickipedia are only for the two sets revealed on Brickset. CupIsHalfEmpty took pictures of the CANADIAN TOYS R US price tags. Caps for emphasis. In other words not only is it the TRU price, but it is also the Canadian TRU price which is significantly larger than the US price in general.

Edited by Penkid11

Those prices on Brickipedia are only for the two sets revealed on Brickset. CupIsHalfEmpty took pictures of the CANADIAN TOYS R US price tags. Caps for emphasis. In other words not only is it the TRU price, but it is also the Canadian TRU price which is significantly larger than the US price in general.

I think for the Bug Obliterator we can realistically expect $79.99 USD. The other sets are a bit tougher to call, but this theme shouldn't be ridiculously priced like Star Wars.

For me, it's the Ultra-Drill Walker. I think it's the 7066 of the Mars Mission line (despite it's cliched name). I'm still in love with that set.

Ah yes, Mars Mission. Second best Space theme ever. Anyways, why aren't we seeing reviews of Warp Stinger & The other sets? Are they not in stores yet? :sceptic:

That´s right. And I´m loving the Bug Obliterator even more now. If GRogall is showing one pic every day, I can´t wait for HD Vermin Vaporizer pics!

I'm still not in love with the Bug Obliterator like I am with the other sets. It feels a little clunky to me.

It's not bad though, and chances are I'll wind up getting it regardless. :laugh:

Thanks Grogall!!

Agreed. To me, from some angles, it looks like some sort of tank with some wings bolted on to the side. One that is too tall for its wheelbase.

On the other hand, it looks like a big chunky dropship from other angles, which I suppose is rather what it is - and you don't have to dosplat the two components of the ship together anyway, and I think the main ship looks a lot nicer with the ground vehicle deployed. I'll probably get it if it's ever cheap, though I'm suspecting Galaxy Squad won't be available in normal shops here in the UK, so chances of getting it at a rediced price are slim if so.

I wonder when we'll see hi-res pics/reviews of Warp Stinger or Space Mantis. I want to see those purple Zamors properly. :wub:

Wow, those HD pics are spectacular. I really do like that set--it's certainly my favorite of the theme. It's a shame that my favorite set is 70 bucks! I only have a 100-ish budget for myself this year, and I want the Monster-Fighters' Castle set more. There are certainly more figures in the Monster-Fighters set. :sceptic: Either way, HD pics really improved my perception of this set. It's always nice to see the sets in a bright, uncluttered background. While there are still several disappointing aspects of this theme, my initial response was much stronger and more negative than my current attitude towards the theme. I'll certainly buy enough of the sets to get at-least both of the Insectoids. I'm not too pleased with the androids, but again, that's because I would have liked them to have typical Lego minifigure heads. I do like the chest armour, and, unlike some, I like that the Humans' chest decals are gray and, as far as I can tell, Identical. It serves to make their faction a bit more cohesive--while they are separate teams, they all belong to the same group. I'm disappointed by the lack of diversity that seemed to have been promised by the Insectoid faction. I suppose it's not unreasonable to only make two different head molds for them, especially considering the new head molds for the androids/mechs, but as they are inspired by a very diverse Phylum, I would have liked to see a little more archetypes (not just mosquito and scorpion(?). A beetle/dragonfly/moth/praying-mantis would have been nice.) Either that or just one head mold and several distinguishing features to differentiate characters. Either way, two is not enough. The magic number really is three.

Any way. The HD pictures have definitely warmed me up to at-least this set. I can't wait to see more. Perhaps then my attitude will further improve? I hope so, because I really want to love this theme. Currently, I like Alien-Conquest much more. I thought that was a rather solid line, and while not perfect, and quite goofy and trope-rific, theme; it still managed to deliver what it set out to accomplish.

~Insectoid Aristocrat (It's funny because I'm acting snobby towards a new Insectoid theme :laugh: )

Edited by Dannylonglegs

When I take a look at some of the european websites, they say the release date for galaxy squad is April 2013. Is it really possible that we still have to wait so long in europe? If they are already released in canada, I was hoping for January 2013 in europe.

Also, if someone finds out more about "30230 Galaxy Walker" please post. It's still doubtful if this is a 1st wave set or not.

What I think is rather silly is that the minifigure in the Space Mantis set doesn't look like a Mantis at all.

What I think is rather silly is that the minifigure in the Space Mantis set doesn't look like a Mantis at all.

Well, the "Mantis" bit is clearly referring to the vehicle, not the alien piloting it.

Edited by Algernon

This site has all images of sets. Not going to deeplink them all:

http://www.exoforce....go/galaxy-squad

-Sci

You sir have made my day.

I seriously want them all. The Swarm Interceptor is boss, as is the Warp Stinger. I even think the Space Mantis looks better like this. And of course, the Vermin Vaporizer is looking stunning as always.

Good job LEGO. My inner child thanks you sincerely.

You sir have made my day.

I seriously want them all. The Swarm Interceptor is boss, as is the Warp Stinger. I even think the Space Mantis looks better like this. And of course, the Vermin Vaporizer is looking stunning as always.

Good job LEGO. My inner child thanks you sincerely.

Yay :grin::tongue:

Also, looking on the site and doing translations (whatever you call translating other money into US money) and the prices look the same.

Small set will be about $14

-Sci

I don't recall if the Mantis was confirmed as the exclusive before--though it clearly made the most sense with doubles of the Blue minifigs but 'exclusive' alien--but that Russian price pretty well proves it. YIKES what a price-jump compared to the Bug Obliterator!

Wow! Those are great! I'm glad we finally have some good pictures of the final products! I can't believe it, but I actually like the Mantis now! I will likely buy it! Why did they put it's arm in such an awkward pose on the box? :oh3:

I think I'll do an updated review of the sets now that I can see them more clearly.

Space Swarmer: I like this one (not quite love, but it'll do); Aside from the 3 mandibles, which I don't like, It has no serious flaws. I really like that it's space-tight. It's the only Insectoids ship that is! :grin: I like that the army builder of the theme needs no fixes. You can make a swarm of these guys. The figs are good too. I've already stated that I like the new Insectoids, and the scorpion's my favorite of the two. I don't love the Androids, but the blue one's my favorite. I like that the robot and not the guy is in this--while repeats of the robot are fine, I don't want 3 of the same guy (his face is not at all generic. :blush: ) I wish there was a smaller Insectoids set--like an impulse--but this is fine for what it is. ~I will get one (at-least.) :thumbup: :thumbup:

Swarm Interceptor: I like this one too. Of the five Human ships, I'd say it's my second favorite. It really does go well with the Space Swarmer. I have yet to see its "Tower" mode, but I imagine I won't use it. It looks like a really good fighter. I also really like the afterthought Mosquito miniship. (I'm a sucker for miniships. :blush: ) The minifigs are good too. The Mosquito's not my favorite Insectoid, but there are only two (well three.) ~I will get one. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Warp Stinger: It's not the worst set ever. :blush: I think I nitpicked it enough when we first saw it. I really had nothing good to say about it, but now I don't hate it. With the better picture, it's easier to see the segmentation that the designers were going for. I still don't like the Antenna on the face. It fits awkwardly. If it was removed, I think it would look better. The legs are the worst part though. Still. I would have liked bigger wings, but I now see they are not the same pieces as the Swarmer's. The human ship that accompanies the Mosquito is the worst of the humans', I think. It doesn't really fit with the thematic scheme of the other Human ships. That said, it's not the focus of the theme, and it's not really bad, it just doesn't seem to fit. As for the figures, I like them. The red android's head is interesting. The red human is pretty boss looking. I really like the new energy swords. :wub: I also really like the Insectoids' gun! That is a nice, insectile gun! I love the use of the scorpion. ~I highly doubt I will get this one. It is my least favorite set not considering price. :sceptic: The only reason I'd get it is to try my hand at fixing it. seeing as how it's supposed to be the 'flagship' of sorts for the insectoids, it's a bit disappointing. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Star Slicer: :wub: I don't know how the different picture did it, but it really improves this set. Maybe it removes the perspective on the abdomen. Maybe it shows the legs off in a better light. Maybe the cacoon adds needed bulk to the back. Maybe it removed the minifigure from the cockpit ( :look: ). Either way, I really like it now. :wub: (Maybe even love?) The human ship is probably my 3rd favorite. It's a pretty solid buggy. I'm super happy with the figures. The red scorpion is my favorite from the entire theme. I'm a bit disappointed that it's the blue team again. If I purchase the sets I want, I'll end up with multiples of them and no one else. I'm also sad there aren't any magic swords. Ah well. ~I will definitely try to get this one. It's the most expensive one I'll buy though. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Vermin Vaporizer: I guess I'd like this set more if I liked the style of the Tank. Allot of the sets nowadays are front heavy, and, while that can be cool, it doesn't seem to be a choice, but rather the only thing they can do. This is very front heavy, to the point that it looks really vulnerable to attacks from behind. It'd work well with a mining vehicle, and really doesn't work poorly as is. I just don't love it. I also don't really like the Mech. It doesn't fit smoothly inside the tank, and it looks mediocre out. I'd have preferred a heavy-set space ship to a space-tank. The Insectoid craft in this is really crappy. I maintain that it'd benefit from grabbers, mandibles, claws, wings, or extra legs. I've seen chairs with lazer stingers before, but A.this one is bad, and B. I've always thought they lacked style. The shame is, the minifigures in this are great, and I really like the green team's colour scheme, especially contrasted to the lime and army green of the Insectoids. The Human in this set is probably the coolest, apart from the girl in the bigger set. I think the Android in this set looks like a Bionicle. :grin: ~I will definitely not buy this set. It's too expensive and does not appeal to me. It's my least favorite by price. :thumbdown:

Bug Obliterator: Beautiful. :wub: I've already spoken about this one though. I like it, but it's out of my spending range--even with discounts. ~I'm not buying this one, but it's only because it's too expensive. :thumbup:

See, I can be positive. :grin:

~Insectoid Aristocrat