Rick

2013 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Got rid of the pizza bar......no, it actually add some colour to the set. Though I do agree with 'Jargo' about the crane, if they put a smaller on it.....a 6 wide, say a flat bed with a typical crane they have to raise and lower the statue.....ah, now see we have a problem with 60026.....how does the statue get to town centre ? :wink:

Looks like when those who will buy this set.....a little modification time will be the call of the day. :wink:

I think the gas station it's a must have , especially since its being a long time since we haven't seen one on the market for years . Also , a must has to be a truck stop with all this trucks over the years .

My son loves cranes, so he'll love this crane. But I can see why some AFOLs think it seems out of place. A crane works just as well as a standalone Great Vehicle as in this set. But eh? It's just toy bricks either way. :classic:

I think my son would have been happy with this crane just as much, fewer parts consumed, more in proportion for the set. And the tractor (mower) would also then be a nice wink at history. :wink:http://www.brickset....ail/?Set=6352-1

Edited by andythenorth

I let the last cranes slip buy, so I'm glad we are getting a new one. The street sweeper looks neat too, so I'm happy with it (I have the 8404 Public Transport one and I think they are two different things that go well in the same city). Overall, I like the new bikeshop, it's much better than the 7641 City Corner one and although I like the design of the new pizzaria, I like the old one better.

I wonder why they have used the lime green for it. Yellow, orange and lime green seem to have been used for some specific aspects of city in the past few years. Oh, on second thought, I get it! Or I guess I do... I think they are going with lime grren for the pizzaria because eating pizza is a leisure type of thing, like travelling (lime green bus from 8404 and the 7639 Camper).

Do you know by any chance which designer has designed the Gas Station?

I'm sorry, I don't.

Thank you all very much for the information, the links and the pictures! :classic:

The majority of the summer sets does really look very well! :thumbup:

City Starter Set :thumbdown:

The fire engine looks ok - although I fear that there won't be much accessory be included for the fireman although the engine is that big and features that much space.

The ambulance looks bad. Although it's a big vehicle, there are no car doors and there is only space for the stretcher but none for a seat for a paramedic to sit inside and take care about the injured boy.

To the injured boy: The new stickers for the skateboard are great, but it's weird that we get a boy who wears a winter suit with gloves.

Only the police motorcycle is ok.

All in all an imo bad set which I nevertheless will have to buy since I want at least one bigger fire engine which isn't a "ladder's car".

Coast Guard Ship :sceptic:

From the outside the ship does really look amazing, the green boat, too, and the small lighthouse is a perfect addition! But when you look closer you can see that there's no room downstairs. So where should the crew take care about the injured? Plus I miss a dinghy to rescue (What shall that strange robot be and which function does it have?). And the helicopter looks weird and is besides completely useless.

Advent Calender :classic:

Not that interested in this one since it includes to many repeats from calendars some years ago. Some more cargo and CG stuff would habe been nice. Apart from that it's good to see that TLG concentrated a bit more on civilian life and not only fire and police and other completely weird things (like catapults) like in the last two advent calendars which were a shame.

Other Coast Guard sets :thumbup:

These sets looks imo great. I especially like the helicopter.

Cargo Heliplane :wub:

This ist amazing! The only thing which disturbs me is that there are no wheels below the thing which holds the trunks (that way they could be transported by the small quad).

Other Cargo sets :thumbup:

Imo great. The only thing I don't like is that we get no sinlge new torso for the airport workers.

Octan Grand Prix Truck and Monster Truck Transporter :thumbup:

Both great sets. The only thing which disturbs me is that the monster truck transporter doesn't habe signal lights on its top although it's that long and even eight studs wide.

City Square :wub: :wub: :wub:

In contrast to the majority of you I must honestly admit that I'm glad that the on the layout in Copenhagen seen gas station isn't included in this set. I own the gas station from the brilliant Town Plan set (year 2008) and one gast station is for my city enough.

This is an absolutely amazing set!

Although I would have prefered a hamburger stall, a snack bar or an ice cream parlor over another pizzeria, this one is really different to the one included in City Corner (year 2009) (in City Corner itwas a regular restaurant, in City Square it's more some sort of fastfood restaurant). And I even like that TLG used lime green which is a newer and fresh color than only always red, white and yellow for buildings.

The only thing I don't like is the useless, completely oversized crane.

The statue looks great, as does the small street sweeper.

It's great that we're getting another bus!

The bike shop is excellent! I do really like that TLG desgined it two floors big, with a lot of glas, as a corner house and in a new and fresh and different architectual design!

I hope that TLG will go on with sets like this one as Exclusives in the following year!

Klaus-Dieter

Changes in 60010 fire helicopter?

Not sure if this is posted anywhere (but I did search) pics link to HR version!

Looks like the set 60010 has undergone some changes since its first release in december!?

Original Version

d_60010_detail_2_800.jpg

Present Version

d2_60012_detail_2_800.jpg

never thought that TLG would change a set so quickly!

Ah, I can see the redesigned floor of the copter which looks better in my opinion......you wonder how the original got through the final approval process ? :wink:

They got rid of the SNOT, though, which is a bit of a bummer technique-wise.

The mounting for the engines has also been changed.

I guess my "OG" 60010-1 is going to be a collector's item now :laugh:

The building instructions for the new 60010 are posted:

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6058362.pdf

http://cache.lego.co...ons/6058365.pdf

EDIT: Upon review of the instructions, the landing gear has also been completely changed and is now ugly *and* unrealistic. The swiveling nose gear and sponson-mounted wheels appropriate to the aircraft have been replaced by a terrible, fixed hard plastic roller at the nose (NO tire) and single wheels mounted to the main fuselage *behind* the sponsons. Yuk! Glad I have the original.

Edited by polarscribe

Changes in a set design after it's released :wacko: ? This is very weird indeed. Do things like that happen often (or at all, for that matter)?

I noticed a very small change in the 3365 Moon Buggy. The first one I bought (in late 2011) used this inverted slope piece, but when I bought another about six months later (mid-2012) it came with this one instead, which is the same piece but with holes in the bottom. I've bought several more of this set since (I needed more astronauts minifigures), and they've all come with the inverted slope with the holes in the bottom.

Now you'd think this might just be random, that they used whatever such piece they had, holes or not, but I actually believe it was a conscious change because for some reason the open studs on the sides are somewhat deeper in the inverted slope with the holes, and that makes the antenna attach much more securely than it did with the one they used at first.

The instructions manual wasn't changed though since they only swapped one piece for another that looks exactly the same.

30222 Police Helicopter is showing up at Wal-Mart. I got it for somewhere under $4. It was previously a Store exclusive, which tells me I made the right move in not spending $35 just to get one.

Seems like a new City polybag is finally available in the states! The 30220 Fire Boat is just starting to appear in the United States on eBay: one listing from the best state ever, Florida, and one from Massachusetts. Florida doesn't have Five Belows or anything, so I'm guessing this is a Toys"R"Us or Target exclusive. Go check your local stores!

EDIT: I knew it! It's a TRU exclusive!

Edited by just2good

I didn't think the fire helicopter could look uglier, but there it is. And it looks like there are less pieces, and the thing is already overpriced to levels unseen even in Star Wars sets.

I want that fire boat, but I haven't seen it yet.

And LEGO changes molds, so if it's the same piece with holes is probably the newer one and they just ran out of the older one.

Some new pics:

lg60024_0.png

lg60025_0.png

lg60027_0.png

lg60011_0.png

lg60012_0.png

lg60013_0.png

lg60014_0.png

One thing I'm confused about, is how come they haven't used the 'new' shark? The one in the Agents set.

lg60019_0.png

lg60020_0.png

lg60021_0.png

lg60022_0.png

lg60023_0.png

Enjoy!

-Sci

Technically, if LDD is anything to go by, we do have a "new" shark soon to appear in sets: design ID 14518. It has molded gills, beveled corners on its body, more connection points on the underside and more rounded fins, but is otherwise identical to the old shark 2547 in terms of size and shape. A couple years back we also had a new shark upper jaw introduced 87587, which is more rounded than the classic "pointy" shark jaw 2548.

As for why the shark from Agents/Pirates isn't used more often, I suppose it's considered either too costly or unrealistically large for a theme based on the real world. Alternatively, perhaps TLG worries that a shark that big in a theme based on real life (often with civilians) might seem scary for kids. It's a bit of a shame. I prefer that shark greatly just by virtue of it having printed eyes, and even if the angry eyes weren't to everyone's liking, a new eye print would not be impossible to accomplish.

Technically, if LDD is anything to go by, we do have a "new" shark soon to appear in sets: design ID 14518. It has molded gills, beveled corners on its body, more connection points on the underside and more rounded fins, but is otherwise identical to the old shark 2547 in terms of size and shape. A couple years back we also had a new shark upper jaw introduced 87587, which is more rounded than the classic "pointy" shark jaw 2548.

As for why the shark from Agents/Pirates isn't used more often, I suppose it's considered either too costly or unrealistically large for a theme based on the real world. Alternatively, perhaps TLG worries that a shark that big in a theme based on real life (often with civilians) might seem scary for kids. It's a bit of a shame. I prefer that shark greatly just by virtue of it having printed eyes, and even if the angry eyes weren't to everyone's liking, a new eye print would not be impossible to accomplish.

To be fair, the "dimple" eyes are more well suited to less expressive creatures like sharks than to say, horses, and the shark having those sorts of eyes makes them more similar to the standard fish mold introduced a few years back. If nothing else, the new shark on LDD is fantastic simply because it can connect firmly to a baseplate or similar large studded area without having to raise it with a 1x2 plate.

To be fair, the "dimple" eyes are more well suited to less expressive creatures like sharks than to say, horses, and the shark having those sorts of eyes makes them more similar to the standard fish mold introduced a few years back. If nothing else, the new shark on LDD is fantastic simply because it can connect firmly to a baseplate or similar large studded area without having to raise it with a 1x2 plate.

I prefer the old sharks for this very reason. Maybe a new print (or no print at all) for the new shark would make things different, but until then Im glad the new shark isnt taking over just yet.

I love the set with the loggers! I'd like to see the new minifigs in that. Great shots. Thanks.

hi everyone. someone have more info about the new set TOWN SQUARE" ? in brickipedia i read that will be launch this august.

hi everyone. someone have more info about the new set TOWN SQUARE" ? in brickipedia i read that will be launch this august.

Not anything new from what we saw at LEGO World. :wink:

ahh better, i have to start saving to buy this set, the modular town hall and the fire brigade. too much amazing sets.

ahh better, i have to start saving to buy this set, the modular town hall and the fire brigade. too much amazing sets.

I'd advice you to buy the latter first as it will disappear soon most probably.