lengineers

Hymenopt Ship inspired by flying insects!

Hello

Here are pics from my new ship

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

In 2048, the SETI institute received an intelligent message from decoding light rays of a gamma burst. Message was coming from another 43 l/y distant star system in our nearby galaxy neighbourhood. After having decoded and interpreted the message, it appeared it had been sent from various sources in the Galaxy...

More pics and detailed story/scenarion on the Lego Cuusoo project page: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21354

Wonderful design, nicely alien, but you might want to rethink the name if you don't want it to get booted from CuuSoo for adult content. You might try putting the name into a search engine if you don't know what I mean.

Great overall shape! Kind of reminded me a bit of crustaceans. Would love to see more pics from different angles.

Fantastic looking ship! Great job, but I strongly suggest you change the name. While not technically obscene, that' s not a name or word you want to be using on an English language forum about children's toys. It's sort of very specifically anatomical in nature.

Fantastic ship, I like it a lot :thumbup: :thumbup:

I support your project on CUUSO :classic:

AWESOME alien looking space craft 'lengineers', doesn't look like virgin pilots could fly this craft that easy ! :snicker:

Fantastic designing there and Brick On 'lengineers' ! :classic:

Edited by lightningtiger

doesn't look like virgin pilots could fly this craft that easy ! :snicker:

:laugh: Bravo Lightning, bravo :grin:

As the others have said, name change would be advisable. But the ship itself looks really cool. Reminded me of a wasp/Hornet as soon as I saw it, one of those two might be a better name for it too haha

Hey thanks for your comments!

Actually although I knew that word, I got Hymen as a shortcut for Hymenoptera. Wich is the Bio family for bees etc... And did not even think or remebered all the meanings for it.

This is maybe the reason why Cuusoo kicked me out the first time (even if the second time I had not changed the name yet) ;)

Anyway I'm really happy you liked the ship. I also built a midiscale version of it.

For more pics you'll like to see the flickr Galery at

But please don't forget to support at Cuusoo if you like it

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/21354

This is maybe the reason why Cuusoo kicked me out the first time (even if the second time I had not changed the name yet) ;)

:laugh:

It is a very good MOC, too, by the way. Very creative. :thumbup:

Here is the midi scale prototype I first built for it:

7650443914_f0882cdfed_z.jpg

More pics of the proto and full size model in my flickr

Edited by lengineers

Lovely ship !

Brilliant shaping with all the curved pieces...

Though I have to ask - do you normally create smaller versions of you creations an scale them up?

It seems like a really interesting idea to do micro versions ... I've known castle people to build micro scales first, but never for ships...

Thanks!

Yes actually I find it realy fast and inspiring to build microships first and when the overhall shape is close to what I like, scale them up to a larger/minifigure scale size.