It's actually a decent price for us when you consider it's the same price as the Pet Shop and $30 cheaper than the FB/Town Hall.

In UK prices it is now £30 more than the pet shop, and same price as the Town Hall... £30 more for 30 more pieces than the Pet Shop, or same price as Townhall for 700 pieces less =/

If anyone cares, I got a reply from LEGO.

Dear Chris,

Thanks for your patience regarding this matter.

I have now had a reply from our pricing department.

It has been explained to me that the price has been changed to bring it in line with the recommended € price which is €179.99. The reason the product was advertised as costing £119 is that it was mistakenly shipped to the LEGO Discovery Centre in Manchester, and put on sale. Unfortunately the price was changed after this.

The official launch date is now September 1, and the price will be £149. As stated by our pricing policy:

‘All prices that are displayed on the website are subject to change and amends without prior notice.’

(http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Pricing-Policy)

I am sorry about this misunderstanding, and I hope I was able to clarify the matter for you.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts on 00800 5346 5555 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 8pm).

Kind regards,

Diane

LEGO Direct

It's fair enough that LEGO have changed the price, but I won't be buying it. Speak with your wallets.

I picked it up at Lego Discovery in Manchester, UK for £120.00. They only had one left.

The minifigures are awesome, the build was enjoyable and the detail is fantastic!

Pics or it didnt happen!!! haha

LOL, even Lego themselves have confirmed it was shipped by accident!

Photos are here for those that don't believe me :classic: :

Photos of the Haunted House due for release September 1st

Jealous!

the wife really wants this set and has asked me several times about it. here in the US I think October is usually Double VIP points (179 points would equal 356 points, a $15 savings) so I might wait until then to pick it up, especially if they do free shipping and have a promo poly bag as well.

What a lousy excuse. It was in the press release for £120. They accidently shipped it to manchester and sold it for £120. And now it is £150. Sure.

Edited by merman

I picked it up at Lego Discovery in Manchester, UK for £120.00. They only had one left.

The minifigures are awesome, the build was enjoyable and the detail is fantastic!

I doubt anyone in this thread isn't envious of that. Getting the set two months early and 30£ off? Yes, please! =D

I was pretty amazed by how cheap it was in pounds compared to its DKK price. Normally it's cheaper in Britain, but not by that much.

If anyone cares, I got a reply from LEGO.

It's fair enough that LEGO have changed the price, but I won't be buying it. Speak with your wallets.

That's a crap response, and the same that they sent to me. They day they are matching the euro price, but forget to mention that the euro price was €150 before they raised that too - naughty. Still want, but will hold out for at least double VIP points or a 10% off voucher. Not likely to be discounted as it'll be exclusive to Lego stores so amazon won't save us.

To the guy who got it from LDC, how well does it sit alongside modulars? Eg as an 'end of the street spooky house'?

That's a crap response, and the same that they sent to me. They day they are matching the euro price, but forget to mention that the euro price was €150 before they raised that too - naughty. Still want, but will hold out for at least double VIP points or a 10% off voucher. Not likely to be discounted as it'll be exclusive to Lego stores so amazon won't save us.

To the guy who got it from LDC, how well does it sit alongside modulars? Eg as an 'end of the street spooky house'?

If you look at this link of pictures, I plan to build it then modify it into a modular style.

If you look at this link of pictures, I plan to build it then modify it into a modular style.

I was planning the exact same thing. (does it have pins to connect it to other sets anywhere?)

Doesnt look like it can connect straight out of the box. Maybe put it on a basplate make a small wall/fence and put som connecting pins in that?

It's actually a decent price for us when you consider it's the same price as the Pet Shop and $30 cheaper than the FB/Town Hall.

I guess it might be worth it so I'll consider it. Thanks. :sweet:

Doesnt look like it can connect straight out of the box. Maybe put it on a basplate make a small wall/fence and put som connecting pins in that?

Now that's a good idea! There's some great fence ideas floating around in a thread here. All you'd need would be swap in a few of the 1x2 technic pieces and you're set.

Now that's a good idea! There's some great fence ideas floating around in a thread here. All you'd need would be swap in a few of the 1x2 technic pieces and you're set.

Plus, turning this into a "row house" would remove some of its charm. It's easy to picture it as a historic house that through development became surrounded by tall buildings, though. So the fence option is probably best.

The real challenge would be how deep it is. It's 24 studs from the front step to the back wall, leaving only eight studs margin if you make it the same depth as a modular building... and that eight-stud margin would almost certainly have to go toward the sidewalk. But I suppose it's not a huge problem, as some of Jamie Berard's modular building MOCs are even on 48x48 baseplates, so it's not like making a building deeper than usual is a game-breaking issue-- it just might require that you rethink your city block.

I can't wait for this set to come out so we can have a look at all the detail. :thumbup: I might not be buying this, so I hope there's someone out there who can make a great review for EB...

I had a dream last night that Toys R Us had this out early and I bought it but was sorely disappointed because it was made of really flimsy plastic and didn't even have many actual LEGO bricks, ha.

I had a dream last night that Toys R Us had this out early and I bought it but was sorely disappointed because it was made of really flimsy plastic and didn't even have many actual LEGO bricks, ha.

Sounds like a nightmare rather than a dream.

Plus, turning this into a "row house" would remove some of its charm. It's easy to picture it as a historic house that through development became surrounded by tall buildings, though. So the fence option is probably best.

The real challenge would be how deep it is. It's 24 studs from the front step to the back wall, leaving only eight studs margin if you make it the same depth as a modular building... and that eight-stud margin would almost certainly have to go toward the sidewalk. But I suppose it's not a huge problem, as some of Jamie Berard's modular building MOCs are even on 48x48 baseplates, so it's not like making a building deeper than usual is a game-breaking issue-- it just might require that you rethink your city block.

Don't forget locking it into a modular row, or even securing it on a baseplate will interfere with your ability to access the charming interior. It splits open on a hinge, not as stacked floors like the modular's. So you will want to make some accommodation for that.

I am SO torn on this. I am really big on the modulars, and this doesn't quite fit. However, it has a lot of charm, but then if I get it and modify it, I am afraid I will lose a lot of its charm. I am SO on the fence with buying this set.