Admiral-Ackbar

How much is your SW collection worth?

I'd say mine would be close to 1k, but I don't have a wife!

Still got (sealed) 2 x chrome darth's, 1 x tc-14, and 2 x shirtless darth mauls.

Most expensive set is my new 10225. I paid quite a lot for a 6211 though.

Wow. Insuring Lego. I had never though of that! Impressive!

You have to, because not everything is easily obtainable and there is alot of money spent on these collections!

I'd say my SW collection is worth just over $10,000. Lego is a great investment, those minifigures sure add up once you start building armies. I'm well over 500 figures. :oh: and yet I am willing to spend much more :blush:

What site would most of you suggest for inventory of Lego sets, Brickset? Are there others? I have a spreadsheet of sets we have and what I paid for them, but nothing really organized that shows their actual worth.

I once made the mistake of leaving my Bricklink orders account open on my computer. My spouse went to my computer for Lord knows why and saw it. For the next several weeks I heard about what I should/could be spending that money on. Plus what was seen, cannot be unseen.

I always wondered how you were able to buy all that Lego! I guess as long as you can pay the bills and provide food for everyone, then money can go elsewhere. I assumed she was the most understanding person in the world.

According to Brickset, my SW collection is worth around $350. But I only started buying SW related Lego sets this year...that's a bit troubling. My overall collection is worth significantly more. Brickset doesn't have prices for over 100 of the sets I own, so who knows there. I should look into adjusting my insurance for that. Do you just call up your agent and tell them to add more insurance? I've never done that before I guess. I have a lot of other stuff I should look into insuring also.

About €450, that estimate is based on the price I payed for my sets, as far as that is relevant...

I never realized it was that much :pir-sceptic:

My Lego SW collection is probably only worth less than $500. Which is perfect for me, as I don't have the space or finances to buy everything that comes out. Plus, there was/is Harry Potter, CMF, and now LOTR competing for my Lego funds. In fact, I might skip some of the SW summer sets in favor of getting extra LOTR sets.

With the help of Brickset and some estimating i'd say... £1000 maybe a little less.

As for expensive purchase it is the mighty Death Star followed by the Town Hall.

What site would most of you suggest for inventory of Lego sets, Brickset? Are there others? I have a spreadsheet of sets we have and what I paid for them, but nothing really organized that shows their actual worth.

If you have the time, make your own inventory with the help of Bricklink. It has very accurate price figures as it actually sells Lego.

Judging by Brickset, MSRP of my collection is probably around $1000-$1500. Not sure what the resell value would be. Since I part out everything and eventually build stuff with it, my collection as far as sets is probably worth less than MSRP, but if I were to sell the MOCs instead, judging by what some people will pay for good custom sets, I could probably easily triple the value of my collection.

An an Excel table I compiled a while ago gives me close to 4200€ or about 5200$. It's missing a few more recently bought sets though.

Updated, I'm at 4700€/5800$, all in recommended retail prices.

That's actually... quite a lot, looking at it this way. default_cry4.gif

Edited by Commander_Rob

I wasn't really thinking I would have that much worth from my Star Wars Lego as I mainly stick with city, but it came to around $2,100.

By the way, I buy maybe one or two SW sets a year, so I was very surprised. I can only imagine how much my city collection is worth.

I would say its between 1500 and 1800 $. Resale value probably triple that cause all my sets are still in unopen packaging and all of it in perfect contition. Summer sets are coming so the number will go up.

I have about 470 US dollars on Lego. Those are only Star Wars, but added other sets non Star Wars would add up to 625 dollars.

I have only 16 Star Wars sets but they are larger. I have collected other sets like Creator and a little bit of Atlantis sets.

I probably have a few thousand dollars CAD, although I've never taken the time to count it up. I've been collecting since it started in 1999, and I spent close to $1000 CAD last summer alone, so I could probably make a good deal of money if I ever considered selling. But I will never sell any of my LEGO.

i have never used brickset before. but figured it could be fun to check out what "my sons";-) collection is worth. we have a total of 84 sets. worth us$ 5472. a litlle stunned about that value( and have no intenton at all telling my wife) i have been pretty lucky finding old sets "cheap" on our danish craigs list, so probably havent spent that amount, but have many of the hard to find sets so value is probably higher than the retail price form brickset.

While kids in Africa are dying of hunger, I purchased approximately 4000 $ amount of lego sw (according to brickset) . But I guess that even if I donated all the money to charity, with the Czech (not only charity) organisation moral principles it would go to some banker's account just to make him richer :sceptic::sceptic: So at least I have something to have fun with, but still no big collection when compared to some other collectors

Edited by augustus

Just wondering what companies you guys go with to insure your collections? I use www.collectinsure.com. A year of insurance runs me less than $200 US. Not bad when you think about, especially for what you get, IF something happens.

Jamie

Probably not as much as the others but for me, "It's priceless!". :sweet:

AC

Just wondering what companies you guys go with to insure your collections? I use www.collectinsure.com. A year of insurance runs me less than $200 US. Not bad when you think about, especially for what you get, IF something happens.

Jamie

Ah ha! Thanks for that link. This thread has me thinking. I never thought of an insurance plan. My dad says it's all under the plan he made. Fingers crossed.