wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

The sets sound very good,

lookin' forward to see them. This is absolutely going to be my favourite theme,

I'm quite sure of that. The Uruk-hai will be great for my planned Helm's Deep project, too.

As is everything else for my projects of thereafter.

Me and busboy are doing the first perfect minifig scale Helm's deep

You're not the only one with those plans. :tongue:

~ General Magma

Come on guys. Just because there's a website and a press release, doesn't mean Lego LotR is going to happen. I'm waiting for real confirmation before I believe this.

:sweet:

I don't know if I'm worthy of this theme. I don't know what "minas tirith" is, for example. Somehow I never read the books! I got all into Game of Thrones and started reading those, and I need to read the second one before the second season of the tv show airs this April.... And I have to play through Skyrim! Too much sword and sorcery stuff for 2012!

I'm looking forward to images of the sets.

TIme will tell if this will be the end for PotC, too. Lego has a lot of licenses going. :oh:

Well, I think his argument for a new molded Gollum is actually fairly likely.

Certainly. I would look to the Star Wars Podracer set with the Sebulba minifigure for inspiration.

*oh2* Yay! I have been really hoping this would happen. Though I dont know how i`ll have enough money, what with this, super heroes and Dino.. Edited by Cwertle

Whatever, I'm not really excited for it, I'm expecting it to be like Pirates of the Caribbean all over again, except I suspect this will last longer. I mean, I'm sure it will have great minifigures and fabulous new pieces which can easily be used in Castle, but I'm not expecting any good sets, since most of them will have to be locations, not doing a location in a smaller scale is a bad thing, it's just harder to pull off (all like PotC, except for Pirates instead of Castle).

Now that it is official here are the sets I know about:

9469 Gandalf Arrives

9470 Shelob Attacks

9471 Uruk-hai Army

9472 Attack on Weathertop

9473 The Mines of Moria

9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep

9476 The Orc Forge

Enjoy :devil:

please reveal the SW sets too!!!!!!!!!!!!!4 :grin:

Edited by nrg

So excited! I just hope this doesn't mean that it's replacing harry potter...that would be sad :(

There is no emoticon in the world that can express my excitement for this! I have been waiting for this license since 2001!

Bravo LEGO!

So excited! I just hope this doesn't mean that it's replacing harry potter...that would be sad :(

I think so, as the series is finished.....I could guess that if they release the series again in 3-D perhaps. :wink:

'AllenSmith', no idea on the pricing even in NZ Dollars so we can consider set size, etc., ? :wink: (yeah, off-topic but city sets ? :wink: )

I can't believe LEGO didn't learn from their mistakes with Batman! Especially since Harry Potter has a far lesser chance at being resurrected than Batman did, :cry_sad: unless they remake the movies, I don't think a 3-D rerelease would be enough, unless they still have the license.

And you never know, it may not be retired, there's that book coming out later with an exclusive minifigure, and if it hadn't been for Diagon Alley, we wouldn't of had any news on the new sets until the Summer rumor lists. I'm still doubtful though. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Superficial Username

I just realized that we will be seeing pictures of the sets from the toy fair in February! That's only a month and a half away!

"One Brick to rule them all, One Brick to find them,

One Brick to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Eurobricks where Shadows lies" :roflmao:

I'm very excited about this official news ...I'm waiting for the first sets! :wub_drool:

Well I'm now waiting for the prelims from the Toyfair. It's time to see what I can come up with before the sets come out. :devil:

As a Tolkien fanatic this is the most exciting theme that Lego could ever do for me. It beats my SW love hands down.... I just can't wait now.

Need to start making room on my desk for a lego Treebeard diorama... :tongue:

Looking back over the years pre-SW theme, whoever in Lego is in charge for licensing has truly nailed it... Star Wars, Marvel & DC superheroes, and now LOTR... that's a slamdunk for licensing I think. You couldn't wish for a better three licences really... Well done Lego.

Two things are going through my head.

One is, OMFG YES!

The other is, my wife being almost as big an LOTR dork as I am, this could be the theme that FINALLY gets her to share a little of my enthusiasm for Lego. So again, OMFG YES!

Well, I think his argument for a new molded Gollum is actually fairly likely.

I wonder how many new weapon molds we'll be getting. I'm sure at least Sting will get one, and with luck, it'll be cast in trans blue for Frodo, metallic silver for the other Hobbits. Narsil, anybody? :sweet:

I wouldn't be surprised if the LOTR theme also features the new sword from the Celtic Warrior in CMF series 6. I think they could possibly get away with using the same mold as the sword from the gladiator in CMF series 5 as a hobbit sword too.

I'm cautiously happy about this :hmpf: While licensed themes bring amazingly detailed sets and figs, the fact that they'll be "fleshie" colored upsets me. Anyone else an avid hater of fleshie figs????

Oh well, I think once I see the pictures of the sets, all of that will go away. . . . Come to think of it, LOTR LEGO!!! Wow!

Anyone else an avid hater of fleshie figs????

I'm certainly not a fan. I wouldn't mind it half as much if they didn't keep putting the little bits of flesh at the tops of the torso's though as then you could swap the heads and hands for yellow and it would be fine.

please reveal the SW sets too!!!!!!!!!!!!!4 :grin:

One word: malevolence