Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

I hope TDKR Bane and Batman are the DC exclusives at NYCC. I need them. I need them more than I need air. Air is not the priority.

You're wishing doom upon us all. Why would you hope for such figures to be exclusives that 1000 people at most would be able to get?

Luckily, they won't be exclusives - we already had an exclusive TDKR Batman before and since TDKR Batman, Bane and Gordon are all from this year's movie,

it's clear that they're going to be part of a set next year.

And yeah, I knew they wouldn't jut pass up on doing a TDKR set. Said it before, I believe.. :tongue:

Edited by General Magma

I hope TDKR Bane and Batman are the DC exclusives at NYCC. I need them. I need them more than I need air. Air is not the priority.

IIRC, TLG stated that the Superhero figs shown today are part of the 2013 collection of sets.

I also expect NYCC to have the same 4 exclusives as the SDCC in the same amount.

I do wonder if a coming set is Arkham City inspired with the Nurse Harley Quinn, Hooded Robin, Mr. Freeze and all.

Well didn't get the ghost minifig I was anticipating :cry_sad: , but these figs are totally worth it!! I don't want to jabber on but its really hard not to really! I love the Batman figs and rehashes of some of the old ones (now all we need is Croc and NIghtwing). Aquaman is one step closer to getting all the mainstream Justice League minifigs!! Freeze and Scarecrow are generally creepy looking, which is lovely :classic:. I also glad to see black Bat-glider as i was about to paint my blue one black! Nick Fury is :wub:, i have been waiting for him ever since Avengers Lego was announced, its just vaguely surprising to see him in a Spidey set but one is better than none. Venom is a lot better than the what-we-thought-was exclusive Venom which actually turned out to be Spidey. Dr Doom is just amazing and is getting me wondering about Fantastic Four sets! Nova looks to have the same face as Batman. JJJ looks spot on. Really I like Beetle for the wings. And the fabled TDKR minifigs :wub:. Im surprised about not seeing a new Catwoman but Bane looks spectacular and we FINALLY have a Commissioner Gordon!

I also wouldn't mind a General Zod minifig, I was thinking the villain for the Man Of Steel was going to be Lex Luthor again :hmpf_bad:

Why would you hope that? If they did that, you would more than likely only get ONE of the two figures, whereas they release them in sets then you and everyone else that wants them will get them. It'd be better if they released them in a set with the Bat or the tumbler (in my opinion) because I would want more than just the figure(s).

We'll see what they do.

I meant to say exclusive pre release (Which, basically, means pre release). They just look like something that would make sense to give away in NY, which Gotham is based off of. So I can get them off eBay or something before they actually hit the shelves, or still get when the tumbler comes out. If they do a true exclusive, however, it should be Bane in his trenchcoat. Everyone can get Bane if they want him. But people who REALLY like him can get one with a different torso.

I don't really have an extreme hatred of exclusives, either. It's the only way the LEGO booth gets any attention.

What kind of set would 3 minifigs fit into? Would it be Desert Camo Tumbler vs. Black Tumbler, with Gordon's police car? It wouldn't make much sense to leave out Catwoman, though, seeing as she's an important character.

I meant to say exclusive pre release (Which, basically, means pre release). They just look like something that would make sense to give away in NY, which Gotham is based off of. So I can get them off eBay or something before they actually hit the shelves, or still get when the tumbler comes out. If they do a true exclusive, however, it should be Bane in his trenchcoat. Everyone can get Bane if they want him. But people who REALLY like him can get one with a different torso.

I don't really have an extreme hatred of exclusives, either. It's the only way the LEGO booth gets any attention.

What kind of set would 3 minifigs fit into? Would it be Desert Camo Tumbler vs. Black Tumbler, with Gordon's police car? It wouldn't make much sense to leave out Catwoman, though, seeing as she's an important character.

I'm assuming it will be the same as last year where the exculsives are the same as the ones given away today.

We may still see Catwoman though as these aren't all of the new figures. :wink:

All the figs look great especially TDKR figures but I've only got one question....

WHERE IS, HARVEY, DENT!?! <======= (read in Heath Ledger joker voice).

These are sets based off of DKR so I am not surprised there is no Harvey. Maybe they just haven't shown him but I just don't think he will included.

Well didn't get the ghost minifig I was anticipating :cry_sad: , but these figs are totally worth it!! I don't want to jabber on but its really hard not to really! I love the Batman figs and rehashes of some of the old ones (now all we need is Croc and NIghtwing).

Don't forget Alfred from the first Batcave set.

Sorry I've been off eurobricks for less than 12 hours and 10 pages?!

Saw the pictures of the minifigures on fbtb's flickr.

Penguin and Mr Freeze look stupid,very stupid... :sick:

It's great that there will be a DKR set the minifigs look fantastic, we will be getting a Nolan type Batman along with Bane right?

Hooded Robin is brilliant along with Scarecrow and Nurse Quin

HOW DO YOU GET WHITE SUIT BATMAN?!

All the Marvel figures are average compared to the DC line

I must breath.....Aquaman.....YES ! :excited:

More Batman characters........YES ! :excited:

Oh, goodness.....I'm broke next year now.....first Bag End and now these DC....and Marvel figures ! :excited:

Spiderman plus Doom.....oh, and Nick Fury.....finally TDKR ! :excited:

Now we wait to see what sets they come out in....dam, The Hobbit and Super Heroes.....oh, back to collecting more licensed themes for the tiger then ! :purrr:

The examples you've listed don't really compare to Nolan's movies. Shaun of the Dead being rejected was obvious with the levels of gore in that movie and Firefly has prostitution in the show which is something Lego doesn't want to be involved with. Also the violence in The Dark Knight is more implied than shown not once in the movies do we see blood shown. Scenes like Harvey Dent's face being on fire is no different than Anakin losing all of his limbs and also being burnt alive.

JJJ doesn have his cigar. So TLC cares!

So happy about all the Ultimate Spider Man figures and Aquaman! Can't wait for those! But why is Batman white? :sceptic: (Sorry all my knowledge of Batman comes from the Lego video games)

According to this link, it is an anti freeze suit.

I've started a new topic for the 2013 Super Heroes. Please discuss the figs from ComicCon there.

Thank you Cornelius! Are you going to move some of the comments there or would you prefer if we comment there again?

I'm glad I held off buying Jabba's Palace as I bet TDKR sets will be out in the next few weeks seeing as the film is out next week. If I remember right sets from TDK were shop at home only, which to me would make sense as to avoid any puzzled kids in shops wondering what the Tumbler is.

It's great that TLG have done the movie figures, the Bane printing is fantastic. Well done TLG on this lot. Hope there's more to come but I've no idea how I'm gonna afford all this.!

Thank you Cornelius! Are you going to move some of the comments there or would you prefer if we comment there again?

I'm not going to move anything right now. I might in the future but it's a larger task than I have time for at the moment.

In the meantime, do not repeat yourself there. There's no reason to post the same thing in two threads.

This thread will, of course, remain open for discussion for the 2012 sets.

:wub_drool:

I however am a little disappointed in all the repeat villains/hooded robin and a distinct lack of GL/Flash. But I remain hopeful, as with last year TLG won't reveal every fig from every set and the SE sets are still out there.

The hooded Robin is "Red Robin". He is the more grown up evolution of the popular Tim Drake Robin, just like Nightwing is Dick Grayson. They are rather steadily rounding out the Bat cast.

Now all they need is a minifig wheelchair so they can do a Professor X and an Oracle.

All the Marvel figures are average compared to the DC line

I disagree, most of these marvel ones are completely new and almost all of the DC ones we've already seen, they're just redone.

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I think its one of those things where you have to see him in the movie to appreciate him. Before the Dark Knight was released, no one was sure of Heath Ledger as the Joker and that soon changed after the movie.

No, I totally agree he looks really cool - but that's from an adult's perspective. There's not much to him that would appeal to a kid, from my point of view.

What would be the motive in being disingenuous and secretive about their main demographic?

It's not the 'main' demographic I'm saying they might be disingenuous about, it's the AFoL demographic. In all honesty, it's not necessarily a point of view that I generally concur with, but it's something that the AFoL community has rumbled about for years - that our influence on the market is marginalized with the hand-wave that we represent no more than 10% of annual sales, when in actuality it might be higher than that. I tend not to agree with it, but it's hard to argue when you see multiple big-ticket sets released in the same year (UCS R2, Haunted House, UCS B-Wing), majorly hard to acquire exclusives at conventions and figures/sets based on more mature subject matter than would be appropriate to what is publicized as the core demographic.

I disagree, most of these marvel ones are completely new and almost all of the DC ones we've already seen, they're just redone.

It might be because I like DC more :tongue:

I'll post a more descriptive comment on the 2013 discussion later

No, I totally agree he looks really cool - but that's from an adult's perspective. There's not much to him that would appeal to a kid, from my point of view.

It's not the 'main' demographic I'm saying they might be disingenuous about, it's the AFoL demographic. In all honesty, it's not necessarily a point of view that I generally concur with, but it's something that the AFoL community has rumbled about for years - that our influence on the market is marginalized with the hand-wave that we represent no more than 10% of annual sales, when in actuality it might be higher than that. I tend not to agree with it, but it's hard to argue when you see multiple big-ticket sets released in the same year (UCS R2, Haunted House, UCS B-Wing), majorly hard to acquire exclusives at conventions and figures/sets based on more mature subject matter than would be appropriate to what is publicized as the core demographic.

I think we AFOL's represent 10% of the overall Lego sales. That includes things like Friends, City, Ninjago and Bionacle/Hero Factory. AFOL's are a much stronger group in the sub categories such as Star Wars, LotR's, Harry Potter and now particularly Super Hero's. Star Wars they have long admitted is heavily AFOL driven. It is pretty much the gateway drug to AFOL'dom. So it's not surprising that they target a lot of those sets at us. Looking at the selection of new Super Hero minifigs it's also pretty apparent that they know what they are dealing with as well. (Note the recently posted official survey fo AFOL's by lego. Note the heavy concentration of 30-40 something male computer and technology workers that they found with the survey. Yeah! Star Wars and Comic Books tend to track very well in line with that particular demographic.)

No child version of Shazam*?

Great, I can live without any of the Comic con exclusives.

* I know, I know, the name's captain marvel.

I think we AFOL's represent 10%
My estimation has only one digit in the percentage.

Edit: www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=567 Says less than 5%.

Edited by vexorian

This is a giant indication that I need a job, I'm so excited for these minifigs, especially my favourites Venom and Dr.Doom!