Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Lego will pay for use of the licence from DC/WB Marvel/Disney. They will not pay actors directly for their image/likeness rights. Any money they(the actors) make off the sale of lego sets will be from the residual fee or percentage negotiated in their contract for all merchandise.

Lego will pay for use of the licence from DC/WB Marvel/Disney. They will not pay actors directly for their image/likeness rights. Any money they(the actors) make off the sale of lego sets will be from the residual fee or percentage negotiated in their contract for all merchandise.

It means more money has to be paid.

-Omi

Don't naturally assume that TLG pays an obscene amount of money for licenses. Marvel/DC and Lucas receive a lot of good advertising from these products so it's win/win.

Don't naturally assume that TLG pays an obscene amount of money for licenses. Marvel/DC and Lucas receive a lot of good advertising from these products so it's win/win.

Its usualy a percentage of the sales isn't it?

and there might be some initial cost to "buy" the liscence

New image of Thor Minifigure

Source

For some reason it wouldn't let me put it in the image thing.

Thank you!

The actual non CGI picture does look very nice and I like the minifig more now. I am sure once I have it in my hands IRL it will be even better.

Thank you!

The actual non CGI picture does look very nice and I like the minifig more now. I am sure once I have it in my hands IRL it will be even better.

These figs look better than they did CGI'd for sure. First Ironman, now Thor. I can't wait for reviews to start, so we can really get good looks at all they figs.

Don't naturally assume that TLG pays an obscene amount of money for licenses.

You have to when paychecks have to be made.

-Omi

Its usualy a percentage of the sales isn't it?

and there might be some initial cost to "buy" the liscence

There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to licensing but I would expect that there was an initial fee paid. Be interesting to find out what this would be, as for Marvel/DC the money paid for the license is probably of little consequence compared to the good free advertising they will get from having their goods on the market in connection with the worlds current top toy brand.

For example, if you wanted to get some good publicity for your film the Avengers would you rather take X-million from LEGO and be guaranteed to see it in shops everywhere due to the deep market penetration you now have, or would you take XXX-million from a different manufacturer and generate less buzz in the film.

Don't forget a few million here and there is nothing compared filling out a cinema and getting kids hooked on the franchise.

There is no hard and fast rule when it comes to licensing but I would expect that there was an initial fee paid. Be interesting to find out what this would be, as for Marvel/DC the money paid for the license is probably of little consequence compared to the good free advertising they will get from having their goods on the market in connection with the worlds current top toy brand.

For example, if you wanted to get some good publicity for your film the Avengers would you rather take X-million from LEGO and be guaranteed to see it in shops everywhere due to the deep market penetration you now have, or would you take XXX-million from a different manufacturer and generate less buzz in the film.

Don't forget a few million here and there is nothing compared filling out a cinema and getting kids hooked on the franchise.

I sometimes wonder about this, when it's mutually beneficial for two companies to have an arrangement like this - who has to pay who?

I think it comes down to who is going to make the most profits from the arrangement. A lot of people are going to see The Avengers regardless of whether or not there is a Lego line, but a lot more people are going to buy the Avengers Lego sets because there is a film than if there was no film. So Lego have substantially more to gain from the arrangement, especially since The Avengers is kind of a big deal.

And here come the exclusive minifigs. Preorder Lego Batman 2 Playstation game from EB and get a Powersuit Lex Luthor minifig.

Lex Luthor powersuit minifig

That's a cool little minifigure! Thanks for sharing!But what is it about paying $78? :wacko:

Holy rip-off, Batman!

Well, it's no Green Lantern, but it sure is green. :tongue: That's a very nice minifig! I always thought the Space Marine would make for a great Power Armor Lex (heck, I was half expecting The Penguin to turn him into one :laugh: ), but no way is it worth paying that much extra for it (I don't know how much it will cost here in the US, but if it's that much in AUD, it will be even more in USD!). I'll just wait and hope that it will be sold separately like the Cpt. Jack Voodoo doll.

It looks like EB is charging $68 for the regular one and $78 for the exclusive, while the regular price on Amazon is $50. It will be interesting to see if Best Buy or other retailers have their own exclusives (but if they do, I imagine they'll be a lot cheaper than EB).

Yes, EuroBricks is always very expensive! :poke:

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Yes, EuroBricks is always very expensive! :poke:

Ha ha, touche. Of course we all know that the best "EB" is Eurobricks. :-)

I was holding off on preorder, just to make sure it would be a figure I want (and it is), but I think I'll wait even longer and hope that price goes down.

AWESOME minifig, and pre-order for the Wii (which is the only game machine I own) is 68 bucks AU - not as bad as 78 right ? :wink:

Is that green torso part new ? :look:

Price aside it looks like Lego are going to push boundaries on the exclusive rarer figures they produce outwith sets. The Iron Man/Bucky Barnes Captain America at NY toyfair, Lex luthor in I'm guessing a comic inspired suit complete with a new head and pieces that are either new or in new colours. Makes me hopeful that the fig in the Batman dictionary later in the year may be as obscure

$80 is overpriced indeed but if you get the Nintendo 3DS one it is only $50, which is still too much for me.

I wonder if other retailers will have this one or get their own exclusive?

$80 is overpriced indeed but if you get the Nintendo 3DS one it is only $50, which is still too much for me.

I wonder if other retailers will have this one or get their own exclusive?

Well, to go with the release of Lego HP Years 5-7, my local EB Games was giving out HP polybags. You didn't even have to buy the game to get one! I really hope they do that with this upcoming game.

Well, to go with the release of Lego HP Years 5-7, my local EB Games was giving out HP polybags. You didn't even have to buy the game to get one! I really hope they do that with this upcoming game.

Hopefully that is what they do, the only problem is that the closest EB games to me is about an 2 hours away. All the game stores around me are GameStops. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by The Blue Brick

Hopefully that is what they do, the only problem is that the closest EB games to me is about an 2 hours away. All the game stores around me are GameStops. :hmpf_bad:

I think they're both owned by the same parent company so there's a good chance the promotion will be the same there.

It really is a nice looking fig and probably how Lex should be in an actual fight with Superman. But not having a current game system that would play the game, I can't even think about pre-ordering it.