snefroe

new SPACE sets in 2007!!!!

*sigh* I hate it when people use other topics to bash Exo-force. It seems to be happening a lot around here these days....

But seriously, why make a second Exo-force theme if there's not need to? I highly doubt that it will be a rip off of a theme that, IMO, isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be *coughyodacoughstarwars4jcough*

No, TLC would never clone a theme like that when the first one is selling so well. No need to, and I don't think that's even on their mind. The new space will most likely have, well, space ships! You really can't label a theme space without a lot of spaceships, so why would they call it space if it was lots of mechs that looked very familiar? I see no proof that TLC would do that, considering all the set images that have been put out so far. I'm very hopefull for this new theme. ;-)

Well, when I say "exo-force-like" I don't mean with mecha, I mean with those shooters, oversized guns, named "heroes" with a background, etc.

And you have me wrong, I don't see where I said Exo-force was horrible, I mean it's a great parts pack at times, and the torsos are fantastic. What I'm trying to say is that I want SPACE to stay away from those gimicks. Exo-force is focused on playing. Space...isn't. If anything it's focused on swooshing :-D I just want it to be like the sets of the late 80's/early 90's as opposed to anything that's around today (which is all about gimicks and trying to grab kids' attention away from video games)

Well, when I say "exo-force-like" I don't mean with mecha, I mean with those shooters, oversized guns, named "heroes" with a background, etc.

And you have me wrong, I don't see where I said Exo-force was horrible, I mean it's a great parts pack at times, and the torsos are fantastic. What I'm trying to say is that I want SPACE to stay away from those gimicks. Exo-force is focused on playing. Space...isn't. If anything it's focused on swooshing :-D I just want it to be like the sets of the late 80's/early 90's as opposed to anything that's around today (which is all about gimicks and trying to grab kids' attention away from video games)

i agree... i don't have anything against exo, but space should be closer to the stuff that the community produces and closer to the actual space subthemes than to exo... my female intuition, if i have any, tells me that it does... for some reason, i really do think it's going to be a great theme... now i'm hoping for a wave2 in 2008 :-P

my female intuition

Interesting... X-D :-P

Actually, SW4J raised the proper stuff with Exo: characters names and (stupid IMO) bios, crappy shooting mechanisms, huge guns ...

+ the fact I don't like mechas doesn't help at all !! The figs are truly great though, I really love the punk hair *wub* !!

I don't want Space 'O7 to follow the same road since like many fellow AFOLs (who played with Classic Space and other Space themes goodies) I am a purist !!

I feel that this new Space will be a bit like Aqua Raiders: it will have great accessories and figs, sweet designs and sopme shooting mechanisms for kids ;-)

*yoda*

Ugh! WHen can we see pictures? I'm so tired of getting tiny little pieces of information and having to wait to get details. It's like watching LOST...

We just found out that the line will be produced! I don't think we'll be seeing set pics for awhile :-P

And sne has a female side? Gasp :-P

Well, like I said, I don't think we really have to worry about the new space as much as some of you are worrying. If it is anything like the NEW aquaraiders, then a lot of us have hope. And, IMO, I really think that TLC is taking that dirrection, considering what I said in my last post.

BTW, I really don't mind shooting mecanisms, as long as they work good (the big missiles are fine with me, not ones like the dumb mecanisms on the minifigure playset ISD.)

When they say 2007... do they mean... late 2007?

or do they mean that some sets might start showing up around Christmas time this year on Amazon...?

When they say 2007... do they mean... late 2007?

or do they mean that some sets might start showing up around Christmas time this year on Amazon...?

And do they mean we'll see pictures tomorrow? I'm not good at this patience thing...

nope. Source

Yep, and if you guys want another source, check Ben's thread on Classic Castle here :-P

Effectively the date of 07 is not mentionned but I think it will be in the second half of the year (and I can't stress enough this is my own speculation !!)

* why would reveal this now if the release date was 08 !! TLC is really on a witch hunt regarding leaks so if they reveal an info like that, you can be sure that the product will be out next year (since its not a licensed products)

* we were told that 07 would see the returning from 2 themes and january will host the new one: Aqua Raider

* it better be 07 or i know someone (yes Sne, YOU !!) will have a heart attack X-D :-P

*yoda*

Yep, and if you guys want another source, check Ben's thread on Classic Castle here :-P

Effectively the date of 07 is not mentionned but I think it will be in the second half of the year (and I can't stress enough this is my own speculation !!)

* why would reveal this now if the release date was 08 !! TLC is really on a witch hunt regarding leaks so if they reveal an info like that, you can be sure that the product will be out next year (since its not a licensed products)

* we were told that 07 would see the returning from 2 themes and january will host the new one: Aqua Raider

* it better be 07 or i know someone (yes Sne, YOU !!) will have a heart attack X-D :-P

*yoda*

1) yoda's right! i would be getting a heart attack! :-P :-X Lego wouldn't confirm a space theme for 2008. they're scared to death about giving this kind of info so far ahead. their competition would simply counter the theme. Besides, it was always said that the ambassador program would seriously be stepping in from 2007 onwards. We know that the ambassadors did in fact advice Lego on the Space theme and the new castle theme, whatever that may be. The puzzle just fits, really; Lego is working on some sort of restoration operation it seems; they're bringing back to life the themes that once were highly successful.

2)the post in classic space was clear: next year: Space

3) it seems Lego wants to keep this a secret... for now.... wouldn't you, if you know there's still several months to go before the actual release, just weeks before high season starts, when you want your customers to fully focuss on current sets?

4) some one else hinted that he may have seen the sets at brickfest i believe... if they already have the prototypes then we'll most likely be getting the real sets next year. who knows when... it seems to me that Lego releases new sets every few months... we'll see

I would drastically lower expections.... Lego of 2006 is not capable of making sets of the 1980's, and the kids of today are not the kids of the 1980's.

As Stephen King would say..... "the world has moved on".

If they simply copy the style and colours of an old classic set.... we will cry "COPY!" and complain about bley replacing gray and about stickers.

If they try something modern...... we will cry "Space Wars".... meaning it simply wil be space ships with lots of Starwars elements thrown into them, but not enough to cause copyright problems of course.

And, finally, as I look at those old space sets....my personal opinion is that even more than castle or town, love of classic space was a state of mind that 8-14 year olds can achieve, but that the older, stressed, less imaginative, and more jaded version of themselves 20 years later cannot, and similarly hyped up over stimulated 8-14 year olds of today.

I hope to be proven wrong....

I would drastically lower expections.... Lego of 2006 is not capable of making sets of the 1980's, and the kids of today are not the kids of the 1980's.

As Stephen King would say..... "the world has moved on".

If they simply copy the style and colours of an old classic set.... we will cry "COPY!" and complain about bley replacing gray and about stickers.

If they try something modern...... we will cry "Space Wars".... meaning it simply wil be space ships with lots of Starwars elements thrown into them, but not enough to cause copyright problems of course.

And, finally, as I look at those old space sets....my personal opinion is that even more than castle or town, love of classic space was a state of mind that 8-14 year olds can achieve, but that the older, stressed, less imaginative, and more jaded version of themselves 20 years later cannot, and similarly hyped up over stimulated 8-14 year olds of today.

I hope to be proven wrong....

we're not expecting classic space stuff, really, we just want quality space sets ;-)

This news made my day !!!

Now it's going to be a though period for my wallet between space sets and Exo-Force :'-( (and some technic for good measure)

Let's hope good quality space sets like in the good old days (Classics / Blacktron / Futuron)

but please no crap like ufo's etc etc.

This news made my day !!!

Now it's going to be a though period for my wallet between space sets and Exo-Force :'-( (and some technic for good measure)

Let's hope good quality space sets like in the good old days (Classics / Blacktron / Futuron)

but please no crap like ufo's etc etc.

g, man! what took you so long? :-P

Before anyone goes off the deep end with excitement, I feel compelled to remind everyone, that Castle fans were told we'd have something to be happy about, then we got the KK2 mess. So don't get your hopes up too high, just yet...

Steve, hope for the best, expect the worst...

I wonder if Lego wil try to insert bionicle pieces somewhere in the sets ? X-D :-(

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against bionicle, it's just the use of the pieces in other system sets that annoys me.

But maybe I'm too nostalgic and must learn to live with my time...

I wonder if Lego wil try to insert bionicle pieces somewhere in the sets ? X-D :-(

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against bionicle, it's just the use of the pieces in other system sets that annoys me.

But maybe I'm too nostalgic and must learn to live with my time...

well i'm experimenting a bit with space models and bionicle parts for the moment. i find that several parts, like the feet and the old masks, are detailed enough to be part of a model. i'll see if i can show you what i mean in a few days...

well i'm experimenting a bit with space models and bionicle parts for the moment. i find that several parts, like the feet and the old masks, are detailed enough to be part of a model. i'll see if i can show you what i mean in a few days...

I used the heads for engines in the Starrunner, I'm happy with them.

As for the new sets coming out.... I tend to agree with Athos: hope for the best, expect the worst.

I'm trying not to get too excited untill I've seen the first pics.