Sign in to follow this  
WarnIcarus

Arabian Bazaar

Hi guys, welcome to the Arabian Bazaar!

Flickr.

Reddit with a little Q&A.

I built this over the Christmas holiday in about ~10-15 hours. It's my first ever full-scale MOC.

Unfortunately, I don't get build but 2-3 times a year when I am back home. Needless to say, that doesn't stop me from picking up sets here and there.

Enjoy.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The town's mosque and fountain are an inviting rest stop for weary traders and pilgrims coming in from the desert.

6591400855_fd5d887498.jpg

There's nothing like shade and cool water to pick up the spirits of a tired traveler.

6591401281_d87450f48b.jpg

The city guards are on the lookout for trouble makers.

6591403491_442b2d3381.jpg

There's one now! Get that child out of the fountain!

6591402293_534910b6f8.jpg

A small oasis deep in the barren desert.

6591398771_695b4181c2.jpg

Edited by WarnIcarus

Really nice work! The only thing I am not loving are the yellow swords for the guards. Have you considered either black or gray?

That's sweet! Love the tilework and all the colors.

We need you in the Kaliphlin Guild. This would totally fit in.

Warnlcarus, this is excellent for a first MOC and for a 15 hour build, great job.

I thoroughly agree, Kaliphlin needs talent like yours, we are recruiting mosque architects right now. Even if you can only build a few minifigs or small builds, you would be a very welcome guildmember. You should submit this as a free build in our challenges.

Love the yellow swords btw :wink: I also really liked the spiky tree, the dark red and white tiling and the camel`s saddlebags. I just bought that very same head for a desert rider!

:classic:

That's a great MOC. I rarely read the Historic Themes, but I see I should do it more often. What I like the most are all the wonderfull colours used. There's quite a few of them, yet doesn't seem too colourful. I really like the fountain with the stairs around it and the green trees. I'm sure, if walking through a dessert finding a Bazaar like this one is a sight!

Great Moc! Very arabian feels to the whole thing! The buildings in the back is so nice and the white arch gateway are top notch! The fountain is surely a masterpiece. And I agree with my fellow Historica friends that you should have a look in the Kaliphin thread!

Wow an Arabic theme!

Nice to see something different from the usual Midevil Fantasy setting.

Most of the minifig accesories are from Prince of Persia I'm assuming?

Very clever build. I have no knowledge of Arabian themed places, but this would fit well in what my imagination would show me. That fountain is spectacular, and great tile work. I really liked the round studs to show depth of water.

Keep up the good builds!