Derfel Cadarn

Avalonia Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Yup cbb, that sounds already a lot better :p

And grumble, a messenger could squeeze through our siege... It is time to capture the city before it is too late!

It's funny that you all are so intimidated and scared little milk drinkers because of my independent city state. Now all the crooked gangsters from Kaliphlin can invade Avalonia in each direction if the price is right. The same goes for the good folks of Nocturnus. Independence Day is coming...

I think you have forgotten that your neighbor on the Arfelan Plains, controls direct pass from Kaliphlin into Avalonia, just in case your geography or maps are not actualized.

By the way this thread shows animosity for the civil war on the chapter two of GoH. Interesting. :dhappy:

I was forgetting to post Attack at Sharael Castle

9431169166_a7628e7a41.jpg -->9430540760_a85d9ffb81.jpg

Is this a mod thing or an in game post... because it matters a lot.

This was an in game post, but keep in mind that you can't just create a new guild or swap guilds on your own. At present, this is more of a storyline twist than a "rules" concern

This was an in game post, but keep in mind that you can't just create a new guild or swap guilds on your own. At present, this is more of a storyline twist than a "rules" concern

I thought as much, just didn't want to see everyone take sides then we would be told that none of this ever happened because it was not logistically possible.

But... on another note -- The switching sides things does not make sense, because there has always been a precedent that you could throw your character out and start a new on in another guild. The whole "one time switch" thing doesn't really go along with the spirit of the project thus far. Although, if we are just talking that you can "migrate" your character that makes sense, since this was not allowed before.

You've never been able to switch guilds before, even if it was with a new character. You could always build in other guilds, but your builds and Challenges would always count towards your home guild.

You've never been able to switch guilds before, even if it was with a new character. You could always build in other guilds, but your builds and Challenges would always count towards your home guild.

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

"Switching guilds is not prohibited, but it is somewhat frowned upon. If you have not competed in more than one challenge for any one guild, I would guess the issue would be even less.

In other words, you can switch if you really want to, but those who are highly affiliated with one guild may receive more backlash for switching."

By ZC

Yeah, that was an even more recent account, but we have had people switch before. There was a member of Kaliphlin in the first year that killed themselves off and joined either Avalonia or Mitgardia. This was discussed, long, long ago in the questions thread. I just don't think anyone did it besides that one person. (Went back and checked, it was Titus played by JediAnakin)

Congrats on 1000, Masa.

All Hail Count Masa of Kaliphlin! For he's a jolly good fellow!

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Congrats on 1000, Masa.

All Hail Count Masa of Kaliphlin! For he's a jolly good fellow!

:classic: :classic: :classic:

Thanks guys! :laugh:

Sorry, I should have said, you're not really allowed to switch guilds. There were a few exceptions early on, but the general rule is - No, you cannot switch guilds.

Guys my story has taken a twist. I'm still with Avalonia for all challenges and stuff. So please stop hating on my person(Captain BeerBeard). Some of you guys had some really hurtful comments. I'm still part of the Avalonia Guild. Rolli attacked my person on Eurobricks not my character in GoH. That was really uncalled for. I will never reply to or acknowledge your existence, Rolli. Very hurtful comments from you.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Okay- let's get this all resolved now.

For Book II, no changing your "Home Guild" after you have declared it. Why would you need to change when we will be visting every guild? Also, your home guild more than anything will just be your potential avenue for getting on the story team to steer the official lore and it will allow you to choose your team. What we don't want is people switching Home Guilds after every challenge to try to get on the story team or the ability to choose sides for every challenge.

For CBB, I would recommend trying to get on the story team when the civil war gets to Avalonia. It would give you an AWESOME chance to have Antryia featured in the main storyline. Of course, if you don't make the story team, you are free to have your character do as he pleases, it just doesn't have to be accepted by the guildies if it doesn't jive with what we as a group are trying to do.

I wasn't arguing that anyone should change guilds, Masa and I were just stating that there had been a precedent for it. I have no intention on moving, so it doesn't matter to me personally, but it might have mattered to others.

It is good to get a firm hold on the new rule though.

Really glad to have you back CBB!

Which guild have the most active members now days? It feels like the mighty Avalonia have slipped down under both Mitgardia and Kaliphlin?

A great idea with an updated first page for every guild showing which members who are still active!

I think we won't launch Book II until after the Mitgardia PM elections are done. Then I think we will launch new main guild threads so everyone can choose their guild and have a "clean start" to the extent that is needed. You can, of course, bring your history with you.

I agree, the once mighty Avalonia has slipped as the members have become less active. Av usually had the most challenge entries, I am not sure that will be the same going forward.

Maybe we need some new Albion builds!

I think we won't launch Book II until after the Mitgardia PM elections are done. Then I think we will launch new main guild threads so everyone can choose their guild and have a "clean start" to the extent that is needed. You can, of course, bring your history with you...

Do you mean your original story, or you story going through Book I :look: ?

That is, will people post their first intro from when they joined GOH, or what they have been doing since then too?

All you have to do is choose your home guild. If you want to post a SUMMARY of your entire history you can do so. Make sure it is a summary though.

Is Trian Buress now dead? Or do I have to follow English class again soon? :classic:

Killing off characters was so January... but for real, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I am not sure who is saying this, since my character is dead too.

Also, I want some details, how did he fall? I hope you have a MOC or a story, because such a large character deserves it! Also, will we be seeing a new Nocturnus map? inquiring minds want to know!

Fellow heroes, we need your help:

While you are all waiting anxiously for book two, the community story build is on its way. We have three intertwining plot-lines that you can find here: Collecting the Pieces, Retracing our Steps, and Family Heirloom. You can join as many as you have time to participate in. Help bring Dugal back from the dead and tour all or Historica, It should be fun!

Well, as you know, im writing a story about some of the events of Avalonia's past which explains how Artorious Rex came to rule. I assume I can carry on writting this as it is about past events?

Even though all the characters I introduce will then now be part of Rex's current army on based in my land 'The Dark Isle'.

Obviously I am now just a 'builder' taking part in GOH. I pledge my support for mighty Avalonia and will support my team mates and help the guild in any way I can.

For those in other guilds who think Avalonia is weakened and slipping into chaos, be warned!

The best is yet to come from Avalonia, we breed hero's and no other guild's will be taking this land!

Avalonia needs to group together and get ready for a new era.

For those in other guilds who think Avalonia is weakened and slipping into chaos, be warned!

Actually, I it was mostly Avalonian's voicing this opinion :laugh: Avalonia has mod power. How can that fail?