SkaForHire

Raising the Dead – Retracing Our Steps (Community Story Build)

With the war behind her, Merith was accepting her new life without Dugal. Through the clever actions of some of Dugal’s close friends, she had been snuck out of Eastgate and brought to Varlyrio for her safety. Through kind donations by the Charities of Mpya Stedor, she had raised enough money to create a monument to Dugal. Instead, she thought it better to honor his memory by constructing the Home for Orphans of the Revolword War. After all, he technically owed Dextrus Flagg two orphanages from when he swore allegiance – She though paying his debt would be a good way to honor him. Varlyrio’s Capital Illaryian provided a perfect place far from the combat, where the orphans would be safe. However, the city is at is bursting at its seams, and real-estate – especially new floating platforms – was at a premium. So she decided to buy a couple old buildings and have them converted.

9460892003_ebb22f9084_z.jpg

home by skaforhire, on Flickr

Merith picked an old merchant’s warehouse and headquarters and had the men of GEAR Co. begin construction. Unfortunately, they found that one of the platforms needed major repair to the floatation devices underneath it. This set her back a pretty penny. Luckily, she had made friends. Dania, a Varlyrian noble and Kylee a Cedrican Lady, and also a refuge. The three women pulled their money together and finally were able to get the project started.

9460912217_ca5b0f180e_z.jpg

DSC_0363 by skaforhire, on Flickr

This is how life had been for a few months, gathering orphans and repairing the new orphanage; however, today something different happened. A man that Merith had met a few times showed up on a small boat. It was Cannondale, the man of few words. He handed her a chest and said “These are Dugal’s possessions; Paulos wanted you to have them.” He gave the ladies a farewell, and said that he could not stay because his ship back to Eastgate was leaving within the hour.

9460915955_f2346b5d3f_z.jpg

DSC_0355 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Merith quickly open the chest after he had left. Inside she could smell the familiar sent of Dugal, her eyes welled up with tears. She took out a few maps, a journal, and finally, at the bottom, there was a letter. A letter addressed to her!

9460903395_4e57ddd412_z.jpg

DSC_0374 by skaforhire, on Flickr

She opened it up immediately, but it was not from Dugal. It was from some person named Yesil.

“If you love Dugal, heed my words, you will. Way to bring him back, there is. Working on raising his father from the dead before he died, was he. On a long journey, this is why he was, you on the journey he met.

“Needed to bring him back from the dead, four items are. The spear that killed him, the first is, which fetch, your brother-in-law will. The kiss of life, the second item is, which get, another will. Wilverdragon's tooth, the third is, and already set that part in motion, your fiancé has. To obtain the angel's tear, your task is. Have to retrace Dugal's steps in order to find this item, you will. To find this last item use his journal, but need help from others, you will.

“Time is of the essence; no one knows how long his soul has after death. You must meet at the location of Dugal’s death within a few months if you are to succeed. You must go immediately. Of the essence, time is; after death, no one knows how long his soul has. You must meet at the location of Dugal's death within a few months if, to succeed, you are. Go immediately, you must. “

Merith told her friends of what her plan was – Immediately book passage to Historica in order to pick up where Dugal left off. She asked the ladies to stay and oversee the completion of the orphanage Dania agreed, but Kylee refused to be left out of the action. Merith also knew that she would need help in this journey – she would have to call upon the other heroes of Historica to aid her in her quest. So it was that the two ladies would set out to find the Angel’s Tear, and retrace the steps.

------------------------------

Like the first plot line, this is a community build. All three plot lines will merge together in an attempt to bring Dugal back from the dead.

In this plotline, we will be retracing Dugal’s voyage that happened two years back. Each build in this thread will depict a before and after MOC. The first MOC is Dugal first attempting a task in the past. The second MOC (which does not have to be totally different) should represent the present – your character completing the task, and succeeding in finding a clue to where the Angel’s Tear is. Your present MOC could include Merith and Kylee if you want. I will have the first quest MOCed next week as an example, but I will pass the torch off to the first volunteer.

At the end of your story, you should send the next builder in line a task. For example, if the first task is to capture the heart of a Minotaur. Once the characters have completed it, the builder would name the next quest. The next builder in line would build their interpretation of the quest when Dugal attempted it, and a present attempt at the quest by their character or Merith. Depending on how many people volunteer, we will see how many different quests each builder will build.

My avatar is Dugal, and this pic below is Merith (Blue Dress) and Kylee.

9460902149_12e11a63b2_z.jpg

DSC_0375 by skaforhire, on Flickr

You can substitute whatever you need to represent them. Remember, at the end Merith will need to find the Angel’s Tear, so we need to keep following Dugal’s path until we get there.

If you would like to participate in this plotline (and you can do multiple plotlines if you like), please volunteer by August 17th enrollment in this build quest line is open indefinitely. Although, we can probably add a few more people after this date depending on turnout.

I will answer any questions or clarify whatever you need. I hope many of you will join us on this plotline, the first plotline, or the third plotline.

Or... All three, there is no limit how many plots you participate in, If you have the time to build for each, go ahead and sign up for all three.

Edited by SkaForHire

I volunteer already for this one !

I was planning to rebuild Everlast, so probably I can combine it with this quest as dugal spent some time there (at the end of the Drow rebellion) :)

snapback.pngGideon, on 08 August 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

I suppose taking part in Masa's quest rules one out of participating in this?

Didn't understand at the time when I posted there that it was one of several choices, I thought it was sign-up for the whole community effort...

snapback.pngDragonfire, on 08 August 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Can I sign up for this if I have already signed up for Masa's quest?

The Answer:

It is totally acceptable for you to participate in more than one of these storylines. In fact you could sign up for all 3 if you know you have the time to build for all three. The only thing I would like to remind you here especially in the "retracing the steps" story line, is that once you get a quest, we will be depending on your MOC to continue the story. So I will also add if you signed up for the "collecting the pieces" quest and have time to participate in only one quest but upon reading one of these other storylines, you prefer to switch, this is totally acceptable as well. Just be sure to let me know.

Edited by Masa of Kaliphlin

Great build Ska! Looks very Kaliphlin with all the bright colors, even when using so much yellow and green (Mitgardia colors :tongue: ) together.

The construction details are excellent too :classic:

Does it matter that I don't have the body armour for Dugal?

Nope, Dugal should have dark hair, that is the only real requirement here I think. Portray him any way you like (just don't give him a hook or something that he doesn't actually have :) )

Same with the ladies, Merith has dark hail, Kylee light. Otherwise, it is up to you what they look like. We can chalk it all up to "Artist's interpretation"

I volunteer already for this one !

I was planning to rebuild Everlast, so probably I can combine it with this quest as dugal spent some time there (at the end of the Drow rebellion) :)

Sounds good, I will pass the first quest onto you.

Great build Ska! Looks very Kaliphlin with all the bright colors, even when using so much yellow and green (Mitgardia colors :tongue: ) together.

The construction details are excellent too :classic:

I never build in green and yellow, and totally did it by accident. Did not even realize it until I took the pictures, as Masa commented on Flickr, maybe it used to be a Mitgardian warehouse.

Hmmm... I think I will expand the sign up date here until Aug 24th -- It would be really odd if DaMax and I built this whole thing back and forth -- Captain Settle, were you also on board for this one?

Hmmm, I really thought this would get more response. I know I have been a bit behind getting the first adventure up, so I will leave this open indefinitely to see if we get some bites. I hope to have the first adventure up tomorrow, and I will pass the story to DaMaximus, and hopefully he will have someone to pass it to other than me after that.

Hmmm, I really thought this would get more response. I know I have been a bit behind getting the first adventure up, so I will leave this open indefinitely to see if we get some bites. I hope to have the first adventure up tomorrow, and I will pass the story to DaMaximus, and hopefully he will have someone to pass it to other than me after that.

If it hadn't been for other simultaneous projects it would have been better I think...especially when one of them was posted first and managed to snatch most people's attention :wink:

I've got a build for Masa's quest almost done and will hopefully get some time to build for the Eastgate storyline as well but I don't have time to commit to this one, especially when someone else would be waiting for my build to continue the story...

Admittedly this is more story than MOC, I have the first adventure up now. Not my best, but I hope to get the ball moving a little here.

Into the Valley of the Warlocks

Next up DaMaximus and the Warrior's heart!

I can join this one. However, I probably won't be available to start building until mid-next week. I could probably do some planning and story creation before then however.

Cool! I passed it to DaMax, maybe he would be kind enough to PM you the "quest" he is passing to you so that you can get some time to think about it while he is building his quest.

Cool! I passed it to DaMax, maybe he would be kind enough to PM you the "quest" he is passing to you so that you can get some time to think about it while he is building his quest.

Part 2 is finished : The Lake of the Trapped Warriors

It is up to you NM! (I will PM you with what I have in mind)