Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Great work on all the embassies so far! I can't wait to get some more time and really have a look and comment on all the things coming out of guild right now.

I have been incredibly busy the since the last challenge and was afraid I wasn't going to get one finished, but I made it in just under the wire.

This is by far the largest MOC I have done (48X36) so it was a real challenge sometimes. I originally made the building up in the tan and sand blue to get the look I wanted. I then remade the same building in three other color schemes to try and make it look more Avalonian.

As you can see, none of them had the same splendor as the original, so I decided to go with the first one and add smaller details to tie it into Avalonia. I think in the end it came out well, right off the bat you know what land the embassy belongs to and hopefully the landscaping gives you a great sense of where it is located at.

I only wish I could have gotten some better photos, but alas Mother Nature has decided to only give us cloudy skies the last few days.

Kalilia Embassy topic link

6878168771_cde192cb32.jpg

embassy-1 by erynlasgalen, on Flickr

Welcome new traveller Mikel Kalores It is great to welcome one from the great and far away land of CC, I hope you will stay and share with us your wonderful creations. And yes those pesky musicians. Is it too much to ask to stand still for 8 hours for the painter to complete their work? shesh. The tower is very nice, I like some of the little details you put it... but the flag colour is wrong :laugh:(I'm also interested in this Sci-fi stuff you speak of).

My dear Rasputin again your parties of majesty and fancy amuse me and the court to no end. Not only do you bring us an incredible embassy, but along with it such wonderful tale and relevant theme!

The building is a true marvel - that floor is fantastic, but as is the firey summons of the Dijjinn!

and that curved balcony!

and the hot tub!

and the ... oh gosh the whole thing!

:wub:

Kcaj my esteemed inventor and engineer, that is also a fantastic embassy.

I can feel the warmth of the fireplaces - even in the cold north! And the interior is so detailed! And that tree out front - perfect!

Only suggestion I could make is from a presentation perspective - the scrutinizing eye maybe drawn away from your moc and into the back drop...

perhaps you could ask someone to raise that table cloth up while you take a picture?

or perhaps with your permission, I or another can photoshop and remove the background?

M'lady Amelia , that is possibly one of the nicest stairs I've seen in awhile. The tiles, the rope/pillars, the retaining wall, and the sunflowers :wub:

It's simple - yet so lovely.

And the building itself - very Kaliphlin in nature. It feels a bit reserved than some flashier ones - but has a grandeous classic Kaliphlin style to it :classic:

And of course, I would be negligent if I did not to the wonderful tree and adorable ducks :grin:

They say today is the day of love- and I must do heartily say - I do love all the wonderful MOCS you have given to us today.

Welcome new traveller Mikel Kalores It is great to welcome one from the great and far away land of CC, I hope you will stay and share with us your wonderful creations. And yes those pesky musicians. Is it too much to ask to stand still for 8 hours for the painter to complete their work? shesh. The tower is very nice, I like some of the little details you put it... but the flag colour is wrong :laugh:(I'm also interested in this Sci-fi stuff you speak of)

Greetings Dextrus Flagg-

It is a great pleasure to be a part of the Kaliphlin Guild. However my cartographers are having a bit of trouble pinpointing the location of our small settlement in regards to the official Kaliphlin map. For the most part my cartographers agree that our settlement is a bit to the north of Eastgate, however one particularly insistant cartographer steadfastly insists that our settlement is indeed Eastgate. He claims that due to a lack of research, the official cartographers dubbed our settlement Eastgate whereas the residents here call our settlement Lion's Bluff. I was sure that he was wrong, so I sent one of my young scholars to the great library in Petraea to find more information about Eastgate and to settle the matter once and for all. After many days my young scholar came back explaining to me that the library in Petraea was not altogether organized and that IF there was information regarding Eastgate, it could quite possibly take him years to find it among all the scrolls of information within the library. Perhaps you or someone familiar with the Petraea library could shed some light on the matter?

As for the flag colour on the tower... thank you for bringing that to my attention. One of our scouts recently came across this old abandoned tower near the borders of Avalonia and because of the other news that the scout returned with after discovering the tower quite absorbed my attention to the point that I forgot to send a squad to raise the Kaliphlin colours there. I assure you that I am sending a squad now as I write this to raise the Kaliphlin colours at once.

Once I have determined the exact location of our humble settlement, I will have my scribe write up a brief history of our noble family.

Mikel Kalores- Lord Protector of the House of Kalores

PS- I will try to upload some of my Sci-fi works to my flickr account soon...

Phew! Well, i finally got my embassy together - i say embassy, although it came out kinda looking like a wedding cake, so i don't know. :sceptic: Anyway, i finished it, that's the main thing! :laugh: And so i present to you: Dogun a Kaleti - the easternmost star...

embassy23eb_150212.jpg

I've missed some of the great embassies that have come out in the last few days, but hopefully i'll have some time in the next few days to get around and check them all out. :thumbup: But can i just say here - i love Erynlasgalen/Amelia Phantomhive's embassy...it's just so, so beautiful. One of my fav of all the embassies i've seen! :wub:

Also, congrats to Basiliscus for getting his stained glass moc featured on TBB! Totally well deserved, it's a pearler. :thumbup:

Edited by gabe

Some fantastic embassies coming out of our guild, great job everyone.

M'Lord Flagg, thank you for your kind comments and critique, I'll be giving the photo editing a shot and see how it goes, I wanted to get the embassy up in time though. I'll have a go and update the topic if I get around to it.

Cheers.

Anyone know the exact cutoff time for the challenge? I have my embassy done, but I need to photograph it when I get back from work tonight and then upload the pics. I will definitely be done by the end of the 15th - Central (US) time, but I think this forum is on GMT... Is it ok if it is a little later than midnight forum time?

Anyone know the exact cutoff time for the challenge? I have my embassy done, but I need to photograph it when I get back from work tonight and then upload the pics. I will definitely be done by the end of the 15th - Central (US) time, but I think this forum is on GMT... Is it ok if it is a little later than midnight forum time?

I thought I remember reading that if it was the 15th somewhere in the world you were ok. I may be mistaken though.

I thought I remember reading that if it was the 15th somewhere in the world you were ok. I may be mistaken though.

I hope so! It's a beautiful sunny day here in NorCal (windy though), but my wife has gone to work with the camera in her purse! Oh well, guess I'll have to take pics tonight inside. Won't leave much time for photoshopping, but at least I'll sneak in under the deadline.

Looks like I am not the only one here who will use the 15 February somewhere in the world rule :D

posted at 23.57 Belgium time:

My link

Kaliphlin Embassy in Nocturnus Claw Breakers Area!

en1.jpg

To be honest, some things went wrong at the end, so that's why it has an unfinished look :sceptic:

But I mentioned and explained it in the story you can read in the first post :thumbup:

Ok, I did it! Embassy at "Bottom's Run" In the Frozen Tundra of Mitgarida is complete.

I wish I could have done more with the ship... but it turns out, with so many of my pieces spread out over three very large MOCs I didn't have much left. (my girlfriend won't let me tear down Al'Derek or the Tower because I hid Christmas gifts for her in the buildings and sent her on a scavenger hunt. Bad idea men, don't hide sentimental gifts [jewelry] in your MOCs... you will never be able to dissemble them.)

Anyway, the topic was that link, and here is a preview pic:

6883766427_0e95cd455d.jpg

DSC_1074 by princeofska, on Flickr

Well, I snuck it in under the wire at 11:59pm California time!

May I present the Palace of a Hundred Scorpions, a Kaliphlin embassy in Mitgardia!

6885204021_a157e53599_z.jpg

Palace of Scorpions, N #8

Note that the tan plates are the street level; the dark bley bricks below are the cellar.

The cellar has storage, a gaol, an armory, a bathing pool, and a winter kitchen. Kaliphlin shopkeepers have stores on the ground level, selling fine southern wares. The interior of the ground level is a trading hall and commercial offices. The second floor is guild offices and guest and staff lodging. The third floor is mostly banquet halls. The top floor is the ambassador's private apartment.

Lots more pictures to come, and better photo-editing too. Check out the main thread. I'll add more to the thread tomorrow.

Yours in Kaliphlin, Gex Marmota

To whom it may concern, Lord Dextrus Flagg is currently attending to some important WORK.

I, Geof - His administrative minister, was beckoned to come address you all and express the Lord's sincerest admiration at these fine Embassies. A job well done and a deserved acknowledgement of praise to you all.

His lordship shall return post WORK and address you individually as per his usual manner.

Geof, thank you for the correspondence. It's a shame Dextruss had to take off so quickly. The Nähtamatu would have loved to send some "protection" for him. May the sands speed his return!

To whom it may concern, Lord Dextrus Flagg is currently attending to some important WORK.

I, Geof - His administrative minister, was beckoned to come address you all and express the Lord's sincerest admiration at these fine Embassies. A job well done and a deserved acknowledgement of praise to you all.

His lordship shall return post WORK and address you individually as per his usual manner.

I don't envy his job upon returning - with all these terrific embassies, I don't know how he is going to narrow it down to just 5. I think the guild had a very strong showing this challenge.

lions_bluff.jpg

I just wanted to share with you all the castle project I am working on. Because of its size, I'm trying to finish it before I begin working on another major MOC. However I continue to get distracted as I sort through my LEGO stash and find interesting pieces. So many possibilities.... (sigh)

Edited by Mikel Kalores

Has there been some great earthquake in Historica? Has Kaliphlin broken off to become it's own subcontinent? Will it eventually float North and slam into Mitgardia/Avalonia, much like India collided with Asia, greatly impacting the climate?

Has there been some great earthquake in Historica? Has Kaliphlin broken off to become it's own subcontinent? Will it eventually float North and slam into Mitgardia/Avalonia, much like India collided with Asia, greatly impacting the climate?

Some important person thinks we are not important :cry_sad: and therefore, we have been un-stickied, but what do they know? They think we are weak, consisting of merchants and loose clans of bandits! But they do not know about our secret preparations for the coming war, about the training of our archers, the construction of our siege engines! In the end, while the other three guilds fight each other, when they are weakened, Kaiphilin will cut down the others, and will be victorious!

if I were a Kaliphlin, I'd simply always blame it on Nocturnus, you know, the dark side of the power ...

Maybe there's a limit on pinned topics, so when the MOC Index went up, Kaliphlin had to go? :laugh::tongue:(/jk)

Some important person thinks we are not important :cry_sad: and therefore, we have been un-stickied, but what do they know? They think we are weak, consisting of merchants and loose clans of bandits! But they do not know about ...

Ssssssssssst! They are not allowed to know this :laugh:

Edited by DaMaximus

Ssssssssssst! They are not allowed to know this :laugh:

It's too late! Your foul plot has been revealed to ALL! (Or at least me) And to think we had been so worried about Nocturnus!

(I'm pretty sure it was an accidental unpinning. There were 6 topics before. But at least it revealed your nefarious schemes ;)

Probably my fault! Whenever I browse the forum using a touch phone, it always seems to bring up the 'un pin topic' option. It's not the first time this has happened, I think every guild has been accidentally unpinned at some point. If it happens again, you know who to blame :thumbup:

Probably my fault! Whenever I browse the forum using a touch phone, it always seems to bring up the 'un pin topic' option. It's not the first time this has happened, I think every guild has been accidentally unpinned at some point. If it happens again, you know who to blame :thumbup:

Avalonia, like always :laugh:

IF there was information regarding Eastgate, it could quite possibly take him years to find it among all the scrolls of information within the library. Perhaps you or someone familiar with the Petraea library could shed some light on the matter?

Eastgate is the town of Dugal Maclean (SkaForHire) so if you wish to be based there, that's totally fine but send him a PM (see the first page of this thread for Kaliphlin building code). We do need builds and settlers for the Free cities of Barqa, Qarkyr, and Petraea, also Queensgate, but you can basically build anything anywhere you like in this guild.

lions_bluff.jpg

Holy Moly! Something of that size would grace any city, I suggest to put it in one of the big ones! Maybe the way in to Barqa? Beautiful!

I am happy to see we are reattached.

:classic: