Si-MOCs

Kaliphlin Guild: Homepage, Sign-up and Discussion

Can I still join? I've read all 87 pages of this thread, and Kaliphlin Guild has me hooked. I've built my signing and most of his entourage, worked out a backstory, just got to take some photos now.

Also, the build in this are Awesome, with a capital 'A'!

We have at least 3 more challenges including the current one and I know quite a few of us want to keep Historica going even after the challenges end, so yes, you can still join. With that said, welcome to Kaliphlin!

Okay, now I am off to a festival here in Belgium, but after that, I'll have time again to reply on all topics! Really great work of all you guys, and I have to admit that there are some other nice stuff from other Guilds too!

Kaliphlinite: "Hey, who goes there?"

7465635922_00da996ac5.jpg

Stranger: "Ah, my noble Kaliphlinite, allow me to remove my helm, so that you may know my face"

7465625868_ea9cddf4b5.jpg

"There, my name is Yoshimitsu-San, heir to the Emperor of Nagasui, but you can call me Yoshi. I have no patience for too much formality. The gentleman in the hood is my mage, Daniel-Wu, and the other person is the leader of my mercenary-privateer army, Nodor.

We have travelled far to reach these lands, and we seek vengeance. Fear not, the Drow shall suffer our wrath, as they have devastated my homelands, and my Father-Emperor holds them with a rearguard of the Snake Peoples. I believe that more of my warriors follow behind me."

7465620460_61c4a59edf.jpg

"Ah yes, members of my royal guard, note how their uniforms are already in the colours of Kaliphlin!"

7465615522_b5e7098f63.jpg

"These fearsome fellows are mercenary-privateers in my employ."

7465610982_d275409813.jpg

"A Werewolf guards my treasures and a captured Drow."

7465606728_1d032032ee.jpg

"And last but not least, we have already made some allies- chariot riding desert mummies!"

(Sorry for the shoddy pics!)

Edited by thecolossus

Welcome to the Kaliphlin, Yoshi Sahib! I pray that your father will hold against the enemy, though perhaps DaMaximus Sahib can help you learn to live with the Drow. He's done pretty well as far as diplomacy goes.

I love the look of those privateers :wub: You certainly put your Ninjago to use.

Alright, so I've started my challenge 4 build, and it is definitely challenging! I have pretty much half of the base done(not square), and started on the elemental before I move to any of the scenery. This is very hard to accomplish, mostly based on the fact that getting my picture in my head to match the brick for an elemental is harder than I imagined!

Looking for advice here: What I have planned is depicting the initial appearance of the elemental(in action), and so the entire town is not destroyed, but the beginnings of destruction are happening. Does that sound like it will fit, or should I really go with all out destruction?

Welcome to the Kaliphlin, Yoshi Sahib! I pray that your father will hold against the enemy, though perhaps DaMaximus Sahib can help you learn to live with the Drow. He's done pretty well as far as diplomacy goes.

I love the look of those privateers :wub: You certainly put your Ninjago to use.

"Live with the Drow? They have no honour, they slew my mother and sister!"

(Daniel-Wu interjects) "Peace my lord, perhaps not all Drow are as uncouth as those who attacked us? Know thine enemy."

OOC: yeah, I was looking at what I had, and Ninjago seemed to constitute a fair amount, so I went from there, as I don't have any of the newer castle stuff at the moment. I tried to cross Japanese influences with those of Arabian persuasion, maybe it worked. I am fond of the privateers- I wanted to create some minifigs with a distinct uniform, but not of the guilds, and I went with black, brown and white. With metallic accents. I'm working on a raiding vessel for them at the moment, and I'll do a vignette to go with it.

Alright, so I've started my challenge 4 build, and it is definitely challenging! I have pretty much half of the base done(not square), and started on the elemental before I move to any of the scenery. This is very hard to accomplish, mostly based on the fact that getting my picture in my head to match the brick for an elemental is harder than I imagined!

Looking for advice here: What I have planned is depicting the initial appearance of the elemental(in action), and so the entire town is not destroyed, but the beginnings of destruction are happening. Does that sound like it will fit, or should I really go with all out destruction?

As long as there is at least some destruction, say like an outer wall of a city being demolished by a wave while the remainder of the city remains intact, etc, it should fit perfectly. I think it will also depend on the kind of elemental and thereby destruction you have in mind...

Not sure if anyone has asked this question yet - but for the latest challenge, is the expectation for us to build a "new" elemental or try to copy one of the ones in the "Prelude" to the challenge? Are there any quidelines for the elemental itself?

Not sure if anyone has asked this question yet - but for the latest challenge, is the expectation for us to build a "new" elemental or try to copy one of the ones in the "Prelude" to the challenge? Are there any quidelines for the elemental itself?

I am pretty sure the expectation is for us to create our own... the thought has occured to me say should someone create a snow elemental for a blizzard for example, it would fall under the water elemental category. As far as guidelines, none come to mind besides the size restrictions. Note though that the damage must be some form of "natural" disaster.

Yoshi, welcome to the Southlands! We will do everything we can to make your time with us hospitable! If desire, you may find a suitable spot to settle down; there is plenty of room in the Siccus. Take a look at our maps, btw.

We tend to be a little more tolerant of the Drow than some of the other guilds. We have some good trading relationships with certain Drow factions, and you'll see them occasionally in Kaliphlin cities conducting trade missions. So don't freak out if you see a Drow in downtown Petraea market or something. However, I think we are opposed to any Drow attempts to take power over all of Historica, and will defend the High King.

Kayne - I think your idea sounds great. Go for it.

BrickMaestro - I think we are supposed to create our own elementals, but it's probably OK if it looks a lot like the ones in the prelude -- that was my plan anyway. I may not get to enter Challenge 4 though. Work is busy, and as the weather is great, most of my free time is outdoors with the kids. Haven't touched LEGO in about three weeks (I know, heresy!). Plus we've got vacation coming up in late July and early August. I will try to whip something together, but it will either be lame, or I won't get it done at all.

BTW, I don't think you have to create a huge MOC to make this challenge look good. Especially with the microscale requirement, as those tend to look good small. Take a look at my first Myth MOC; it's the smallest MOC I've posted (I think), but I think it's by far the best.

/Gex

I'm probably going inactive so... You heard me. Thanks!

Is this a temporary going inactive I hope?

Why not go huge? I will go 3 m in high, if I can on such a small baseplate ;)

But keep in mind, I always go extra extra large, and I never won - so, size does not matter, and I build big because I love building like that:)

Build as your hart tells you ;) And do not worry about anything - that is the best recipe for victory ;)

Also, ANYTHING goes in this challenge, any little medieval thing you can think off - just mix elemental or two - and there are AO many elements - ok, standard: fire, water, wind, earth, but also - metal, wood, lighting, blood, mud, ice, plant, magma, lava (heh, lighter trans orange:))), honey (from bees), bones, rock, crystal, energy, mana, make wind elemental just from chains, etc :)

ChainGolem.jpg

I have descried from our current encampment, a mighty mountain peak, south of Qarkyr. Here, if no one has any objections, is where I would like to build Belt Muntanji, or Mountain Town as my warriors eagerly refer to my vision. It appears that there is a mountain pass on the southern flank, and I could help defend this in times of peril.

I have had a scribe draw up a map.

7496189890_f028c6baf9.jpg

Yours, as ever, Yoshi.

(Excuse the paint skills haha!)

I have descried from our current encampment, a mighty mountain peak, south of Qarkyr. Here, if no one has any objections, is where I would like to build Belt Muntanji, or Mountain Town as my warriors eagerly refer to my vision. It appears that there is a mountain pass on the southern flank, and I could help defend this in times of peril.

I have had a scribe draw up a map.

7496189890_f028c6baf9.jpg

Yours, as ever, Yoshi.

(Excuse the paint skills haha!)

As stated here the Nestlands Clans call the mountain Dun Nol. Sdair Zuuree is from Dun Nol, but most of the clan settlements are on the north face. A southern neighbor is welcome in these times of peril, just remember that Dun Nol has been described as having the darkest rock in the region, and local plants tend to be poisonous. :sick: Hope to see some good building. :grin: An official visit may be in order.

*snip*

Well...that's not something you see every day. It's always fun to see what you'll come up with, my Nocturnian friend comrade ally neighbor! :tongue:

Edited by Axis600

As stated here the Nestlands Clans call the mountain Dun Nol. Sdair Zuuree is from Dun Nol, but most of the clan settlements are on the north face. A southern neighbor is welcome in these times of peril, just remember that Dun Nol has been described as having the darkest rock in the region, and local plants tend to be poisonous. :sick: Hope to see some good building. :grin: An official visit may be in order.

Ah I missed the settlements. How unobservant of me. My thanks for the warning. We are well used to adversity, it breeds toughness. My Mage is an excellent botanist, so we should be fine. I shall begin movement of my artisans and warriors to secure a site, and the women and children shall follow once we determine how safe it is.

7501177068_179d32e06f.jpg

If nobody has settled it, I'd like to claim this island for my tribe. I'll call it Vacana Jamina.

If nobody has settled it, I'd like to claim this island for my tribe. I'll call it Vacana Jamina.

Cool, excellent idea for a base camp...

Although, I don't know where those great lancers will ride if they are stuck on an island. (I know I have not had time for the write up of the end of the battle, but your Lancers came in and did some serious damage - just a teaser.)

As I have said before, my castle is under redesign.

I was inspired by some pics I found and put together my idea on LDD. On the first "satelite view" I labeled buildings that I have in construction stage.

LDDScreenShot7.png

LDDScreenShot10.png

LDDScreenShot9.png

LDDScreenShot8.png

@Mikel Kalores: I am so anticipating your build :moar: Can't wait to see this full sized in the brick :wub:

This is the home of the Holy Order of the Mad Monks. I have not yet built the temple, so under Kaliphlin rules, it's yours if you build first. Or if you don't mind sharing with a rather eccentric order, I only plan the one building here.

:classic:

This is the home of the Holy Order of the Mad Monks. I have not yet built the temple, so under Kaliphlin rules, it's yours if you build first. Or if you don't mind sharing with a rather eccentric order, I only plan the one building here.

:classic:

I see no problem. Every mad genius needs a village of peasants, right? :tongue: Send me a picture of what your temple looks like, so I can try to build it in micro scale along with whatever I build for my people.

Cool, excellent idea for a base camp...

Although, I don't know where those great lancers will ride if they are stuck on an island. (I know I have not had time for the write up of the end of the battle, but your Lancers came in and did some serious damage - just a teaser.)

Why, thank you, good sir. Haha, you've given me an excuse to indulge myself in some small-scale town building. I'll do a funeral for the cannoneer that was killed. :wink:

@Kaliphlin: The commerce challenge has a little under a month left, I would love to see some more entries :classic:

Challenge thread: link

Edited by soccerkid6