Si-MOCs

Great Wall of China

This sucker looks much larger when it doesn't have B&W's MASSIVE castle just LOOMING over it like it did at Brickfete. :laugh:

Wickedly nice job, dude. :thumbup:

Hah...yup...it deserves presentation on it's own...super awesome!

This is incredible! You did a great job making the wall slope with the hills. :classic: Keep up the great work!

:wink:

All of this is excellent work but my favorite part would have to be the nature aspect. The way you added bits of color into the green and the other various plants and fauna is great!

Thanks for the comments everyone ;)

So many Johnny Thunder heads......... :wub_drool:

I was very confused at first - I didn't realize they were Johnny Thunder heads - they we came with the KK2 vlad poly bags where the bulk of the figs on the table are from.

I guess they had tons of extra Johnny Thunders that they couldn't get rid of. :shrug_oh_well:

Thanks for the comments everyone ;)

I was very confused at first - I didn't realize they were Johnny Thunder heads - they we came with the KK2 vlad poly bags where the bulk of the figs on the table are from.

I guess they had tons of extra Johnny Thunders that they couldn't get rid of. :shrug_oh_well:

It's just like the other polybag from that line...it ain't "Vladek" in the one and it ain't "Jayko" in the other bag (or whatever that dude's name was)...it's Johnny Thunder and the old, grey-faced "man at arms" figure from the KKII chess set.

Very nice! The use of green really adds a lot of visual interest to the model. Plus, that is a really nice army!

Also, I cannot believe that the Great Wall was NOT built in order to keep the Mongols out, that was what I was taught in 6th grade. I feel betrayed. ;)

Also, I cannot believe that the Great Wall was NOT built in order to keep the Mongols out, that was what I was taught in 6th grade. I feel betrayed. ;)

Be thankful I didn't make a Santa Moc and tell you the history of that :laugh:

This should be called the great wall of soldiers, that's one great army you got there. :wink:

I agree. And the large amounts of green are very striking.

Agree to both

the only thing missing is a closeup of the figs (altough i see 2 pictures that may be closeups)

This is a really neat MOC!!.default_thumbup.gif

I always like to see eastern oriental Mocs and the way you can use custom parts to make them look more authentic and get the feeling across.

How long is it?, and it must come apart for you to move and store it?, any way fantastic work will you be making any more like this?.default_laugh_new.gif

It looks very nice! My comment would be to use some darker green bricks, or even brown bricks, for the mountain. Having personally been to the Great Wall two years ago, I don't think hills in China are green at all.

It looks very nice! My comment would be to use some darker green bricks, or even brown bricks, for the mountain. Having personally been to the Great Wall two years ago, I don't think hills in China are green at all.

Fancy that! I was there in 2010 as well :laugh: Shame that you didn't see much green, though. On the section I visited near Beijing there were plants and trees on either side as far as we could see! ...Although, that wasn't very far as there was so much smog lurking in the distance :wacko:

Either way, this is a very nice job! :thumbup: I am proud to say that I own two Johnny Thunder heads myself (as for whether I still own two sets of Johnny Thunder bodies, I cannot comment. :blush: ). Glad to see that Aang Is keeping himself busy!

After 2 Brickfetes, and two displays and a Train show, it was time to retire my Great Wall.

I enlisted my friends in helping with the dismantling of the wall... Using Nick's TechBot we tested Machine vs Wall....

Tech Bot (and Hulk) vs Great Wall

Watch the video of it's destruction:

Round 1 - TechBot VS Great Wall:

7593906370_4404f47660_z.jpg

Round 2 - TechBot and Hulk VS Great Wall:

7594017920_5bdfae3e80_z.jpg

and finally what's left:

7594187560_bdab361593_z.jpg

Great Wall of pieces by Si-MOCs, on Flickr

*drops to knees and shakes fists in the air* NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :cry_sad:

That wall was too awesome!

The sadness!! :,(

It was epic, and now its broken pieces shall construct the most awesome of all... _____s? well? well? castle maybe? :)

Also, I like how the Avatar was leading the troops lol.