Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

I slip out of the hall for a brief moment and dis-imbue the Amethyst from the Skull Shield given to me by Tarn, and then Sell the Shield for 30 gold.

496-50+30=476 gold.

Sarge upgrades his serpenthead shield to Sp:10 for 520 gold (30+40+50+60+70+80+90+100=120)

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Weighing my particularly heavy pouch of Gold, at least by my non-Rogue standards, I realize that I have purchases to make, and I approach Anwyl.

"Good day, Master Dwarf."

I upgrade my Iris Shield to SP: 15 for 10+20+30+40+50+60+70+80+90+100+110+120+130+140+150=1200 Gold, leaving me with 1616-1200=416 Gold.

300g Quiver of poisoning

150g Pseudo's hood

80g Counterstrike gloves

100g 2 Water canteen

80g sterile gloves

50g Barbaian's boots

50g Shield

100g 20 potion(s)

200g 20 grand potion(s)

3111g-(300+150+80+100+80+50+50+100+200)=2001g

I head on over to Gnomeo's Tool Shed.

"Greetings, friend. How have things been since the Marketplace incident? I would love to purchase one of those Telescopes from you if it's all the same to you. Thank you!"

I collect a Telescope for 40 Gold.

976-40=936 Gold Remaining.

After hearing she'd been chosen to go to the Fields of Glory again Namyrra rushed to the marketplace and bought 5 nostrum for 175 gold from Portia before running off to fight.

As the certain biannual event approaches, the merchants of the Marketplace begin their usual crumbling.

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpg

"Soon that green rhymes-with-bitch will arrive to sour our sales again, nyeheh."

heroicanpc-portia.jpg

"Ungh, can't she just not show up for once?!"

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Truly, that hideous creature should find some dark corner to do her shady deals in, rather than tarnish the business of high-class merchants with her presence!"

heroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpg

"Come on, Elphie's not that bad..."

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpgheroicanpc-portia.jpgheroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"ELPHIE?!"

It was at that moment that a fantastic rainbow suddenly descended smack dabble middle of the square! Along the rainbow's arch came a castle on a cloud, and on top of that castle was the cutest creature Eubric had ever seen!

heroicamarket-unikitty.jpg

"It me, Unikitty! I wuz sent her by Elfaba Teh Witch cuz she sed u needd Magic Shop. Boi, has I got deals 4 U!"

~Unikitty's Cloud Cuckoo Emporium is now open on the Marketplace!~

After a day of listening to Unikitty going "SQUEE!" and "WHEE!", the merchants of the Marketplace had had it.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Fellow merchants, I can't stand another day of that insufferable oddity!"

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpg

"Me neither! Can't we just lynch her and bake her into a pie. I'm sure it'd taste really sweet, nyeh nyeh!"

heroicanpc-portia.jpg

"I would never had thought I'd say this, but I think I'd like to get Elphaba back."

"Me too... :wub: Erhm, yes. Let's give that rainbow puking critter a talking to."

The four merchants marched to the Cloud Cuckoo Emporium, where Unikitty welcomed them enthusiastically.

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpg

"Listen, Pinkie, you've gotta scram! Nyeh!"

"This is our turf, you know?"

heroicanpc-portia.jpg

"We don't want your kind here."

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"You are scaring away our customers with your constant mewling."

The merchants watched in horror as Unikitty's face distorted horribly, and tears started flooding from her humongous eyes.

unikitty.jpg

"Boohoo!!! U R so mean!!!1 Doncha luv mah kewtnez and adorababiliteh?!"

heroicanpc-gnomeo.jpgheroicanpc-anwylsmokebeard.jpgheroicanpc-portia.jpgheroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"NO!!!"

unikitty.jpg

"Waaahh!!!!1 Im gonna tell Elfaba!!!!!1"

A new rainbow shot out of the base of the funky castle on a cloud, and it began ascending into the heavens, taking away Unikitty and her unique store.

But even though the other merchants were expecting it, Elphaba's Magic Wagon did not come that spring. This did not bode well...

~Unikitty's Cloud Cuckoo Emporium is now closed.~

In preperation for her upcoming Quest, Erdathcath arrives in the Marketplace and merges her Handcannon with a Ruby, she then increases its level by 2, making it level 15.

(Total cost: 50+140+150=340 Gold.

Previous gold: 427-340=87 gold remaining.)

Erdathcath then leaves the marketplace, ready for her next adventure!

Having slipped out of the Hall unnoticed, Arthur quietly picks up an Ambrosia from Portia's before moving on.

(138-65=73 gold)

~Fabian now stocks High Heels and Fighting Boots in his boutique!~

Throlar entered the marketplace and headed straight to Fabian's stall.

Upon reaching the stall he immediately began to look carefully at every item for sale before finally...

"Mister Fabian, you are asking for Forty gold for this 'Armor of the Draugr', is that correct?"

"Mister Fabian, you are asking for Forty gold for this 'Armor of the Draugr', is that correct?"

The elf raises his eyebrow.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Yes, Master Dwarf. Is the price not written clearly enough? I unfortunately do not know your runes..."

The elf raises his eyebrow.

heroicanpc-fabian.jpg

"Yes, Master Dwarf. Is the price not written clearly enough? I unfortunately do not know your runes..."

"Oh it's quite clear, I just wanted to call it to your attention, it appears to be the only one in stock, and I don't want you to make a mistake in the matter of keeping inventory."

With that Throlar handed Fabian 40 gold, leaving himself with 535 gold, and took the Armor of the Draugr.

"Pleasure doing business with you."

And then he left.

Darksten strolled into the marketplace with the bag of coins jingling in his pack. His first stop was to the smithy. The old crossbow on his back had served him well, but the quest he had just returned from proved that he would need stronger weaponry if he was to survive. With reluctance he traded in his crossbow (WP:3) for a new crossbow (WP:5)

(120-50[buy]+15[sell]=85 gold)

As Darksten passed FABIAN’S FANTABULOUS FASHION BOUTIQUE, an old worn cloth caught his eye. He recognized the skin from an animal he used to hunt back in the day and knew right away it was a good piece of clothing. It seemed to offer some more protection than his current garments allowed. With his mind made up, he bought the Sand Worn Hide

(85-60=25gold)

Althior wanders into the marketplace in preparation for his next quest. He first sells his deadly venom and Dragoro for a total of 65 gold (450+25+40=515). He then un-imbues the skull shield (415-50=465) then sells the Skull shield, Makepeace, and the Black Knight's armor (465+30+30+100=625). He then upgrades his scepter to WP: 16 (625-130-140-150-160=45 Gold). With a much lighter pocket, he leaves the marketplace with a total of 45 gold.

In preparation of his next Quest, Eric wanders into the marketplace which was bustling with people. Having visited the place oft times before now, the Nord know his way around and quickly found what he was looking for.

Eric sells:

• Murky Pearl: + 25 gold

Total gold: 299

Eric buys:

• Pugilist Gloves: - 80 gold
  • 1x Phoenix Essence: - 50 gold
  • 4x Mead: - 60 gold
  • 4x Smelling Salts: - 100 gold

Total gold left: 9 gold

Barely satisfied with the money he had spent, the Viking warrior then left the marketplace and headed for the library. Somehow, it felt easier in the early days of his Heroica career to get by..

Avalanche stops by at the Marketplace and sells his Murky Pearl for 25 gold, deciding what to buy next.

Avalanche then makes some purchases. He buys a Mead, two Nostrums, a Smelling Salts and a Phoenix Essence from Portia. He then upgrades his Bone Halberd to WP:8

325 gold - 15 - 70 - 25 - 50 - 80 - 70 = 15 gold.

Throlar has his Opal Merged with his Poncanis Shield for a cost of 50 gold, leaving him with 485 gold.

Alexandre journeys to Fabian after his quest, an armfull of items with him. "Fabian, here's a deal:"

Eyepatch for 20 gold.

Heavy Armor (SP: 5, immune to fragile, suitable for suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers and regulators) for 175 gold.

Edited by Capt.JohnPaul

Matthias wanders Freeport for several hours, trying to understand how his efforts to befriend Baradock went so wrong. As he pushes his oversized 'hand' cannon through the Marketplace, the tiny ranger catches Fabian's eye. "Say there, gnome," the shopkeeper remarks, "I bet these goggles would be great to keep you from going blind every time you fire that stovepipe!"

"Maybe," Matthias responds, puffing, "but what I really need is something to help me carry it around. The Fireball Extraordinare is no lightweight."

Fabian hesitates for only a split second, moving only his eyes to remind himself of his current stock (keep your focus on the customer!) before replying. "I have these excellent Winged Sandals - very reasonably priced and just the thing for a gnome with a cannon! I'll make you an excellent deal - only 80 gold, my friend."

While Matthias fancies to himself that he knows every busker's trick in the book - he's just returned from six months with a circus, after all - he is still pretty naive when he's got coins in his pocket and so after a bit of bargaining and wrangling, he's proud to have talked Fabian down to 'only' 80 gold... which might or might not have been the original offer... for the Winged Sandals.

123 - 80 = 43 gold remaining

As he walks out of Fabian's shop, Matthias is slightly stunned at how light his purse feels, though 43 gold is still more than he's used to. He stops by Anwyl's shop and sells his Tinker's Crossbow for 15g - good riddance to that touchy improvised pea shooter - but even then he can't afford to have Anwyl give the Fireball Extraordinaire a tune-up.

43 + 15 = 58 gold remaining

Disheartened by the high prices and the way gold seems to just disappear from his pockets, Matthias decides to head back to the Hall where the drinks are free and at least the company isn't (usually) out to fleece him for all he's worth.

Alexandre buys an Ambrosia. 370-65=305. Then he buys 2 meads. 305-30=275. Then a nostrum and smelling salts. 275-60=215.

Then Alexandre goes to the smithy. "Greetings. Remember me? Well, I need to upgrade my sword here, even better than ever." Alexandre hands over his most trusted sword (Elf Blade master) and upgrades it to WP:11 for 110 gold. 215-110=105 gold remaining. "I will be right back." Alexandre than sells all 6 of his potions, giving him 12 more gold. (105+12=117) Then sells his fire bomb. (117+5=122 gold) Then Alexandre upgrades his elf sword again for 120 gold. This leaves him at 2 gold remaining.

Finally, Alexandre uses three (3) grating stones on his elf sword. Giving it a WP:15.