Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest Masters' Lounge

Alright, time to look at 86: Gaiden.

First off, the battles, since they're always the highlights of your quests. I feel you ran into the same situation I did back in "As Thick As Thieves", the circumstances for my battles weren't designed to consider the "what if's". Doppel was a great enemy design, just like the Iron Knuckle, and was slaughtered by lucky rolls, and one big hulking beast, mainly Skrall in this case. :laugh: It's a shame too when that happens, but alas, tis the way of the game. It's almost bizarre how similar the Iron Knuckle and Doppel are: both were "prototypes" so to speak, and their's probably more out there. Only difference is Doppel was created by demonic forces hellbent on killing humanity, the other is a zealous religious group trying to cleanse the world of what they deem as "sinful" which is just about everything. :tongue:

The characters were fun, Augustus is an interesting foil for Octavyn, and Olivia was fun to interact with. Doppel was interesting as an antagonist/victim. I feel his impact would have been more powerful had his battle been longer, but, c'est la vie. :shrug_oh_well:

Now for character evaluation, cause I feel like acting like Zepher. :grin:

Skrall: It was fun questing with you! Really, I love Skrall! :blush: He's such a levelheaded character. He doesn't really have any odd gimmicks, he's just a guy questing to support his family. I really dig that! I also love the fact that you took the shot on Doppel. In all honesty, you sort of woke Karie up in the sense that not everyone can be saved, and not everyone can be redeemed. I'd love to quest with you again, WBD! :thumbup:

Baradock: Good first quest! :thumbup: I like Baradock as a character, and I like that his personality that we see. However, I find him really hard to interact with. He doesn't talk, so I can't really learn anything about him in character. Even if you said short phrases, like "yes", or "no", or "maybe", I could at least learn something about him other than he's a competent fighter and a terrible planner. :laugh: I understand what you're trying to do, I just find it hard to interact with you. Other than that, you were fun to quest with and the times I could interact with you were great! I like that you went and looked up some stuff about the characters you were with so you could bring up topics that you knew they'd react strongly to without making it seem as if Baradock knew who they were before hand! :thumbup: I really want to see where you go with this, and I hope to host you someday. :classic:

Karie: Yeah, best I do myself. :grin: Karie went through some interesting interactions, the most important I think though wasn't with Doppel. That was important, but it's not as important as the one with Olivia. Karie's sort of jealous of her. Karie can't remember much of her childhood, which wasn't too pleasant, so to see this bundle of optimism bounce in front of her sort of makes her wonder how she's able to pull that off. It's weird how much I feel that adds to her character, but I think it is important. I will say, the quest did borderline Karie centric, which is not really her fault. The quest just so happened to be more Oculoids and more Syndicate. I sort of wish I didn't go on this quest since I did sort of steal the show... again. :laugh: Then again, if I didn't this quest would most likely be sitting in the hall still. Oh well, I think Karie's got over somethings, and obtained new things to ponder about, so I think it was all around she did good. Not her best outing, but still good.

I had a blast, you guys were great to quest with! Thanks for the quest Endgame! :thumbup::classic:

Quest 86!

Endgame- Awesome quest! It was compelling enough to where I'd find my self refreshing the page waiting for a quest update. :grin: The only complaints I have is that there were a few spelling mistakes in your posts, it broke a little immersion, but no biggy!

And the second one being, is that Doppel got totally slaughtered. Should of gave him the *Immune to Skrall* effect. :tongue:

Kintobor- Definitely like Karie, though this quest really didn't seem to revolve around her at all! :sarcasm:

Skrall- I enjoyed how Skrall had a laid out set of morals but he wasn't a hundred percent sure about them. Also appreciated his ordinary nature.

The only thing I could think of as a complaint is that maybe he comes off as too wise at times. :poke:

Cryos- Baradock was super hard to role-play. Most of the time. Anything I could think of to post was just filler. So at points when there were conversations and when there was no option to do an action is where I found it hardest.

I'll find a way around that though...

BD, I don't feel I have to tell you my obvious complaints with the quest. It was too long, and with not enough padding. I know you had issues up front, but they seemed to extend for months. I would have personally preferred a longer pause up front, and then a quest that ran smoothly from there on in. Those 48 hour breaks really get to me, and the lack of auto-rolling, etc. You spoke of commitment, and there is a commitment for QMs to update every 24 hours. Once or twice it's fine to miss, but it got pretty consistently over that amount of time.

Agreed.

That being said, I know I was impatient, and I apologize. I always feel like it's such an awful thing to do as a fellow QM - we know the work involved and we still whine. I agree that those who speed up your quest to get back are particularly unfair, and I hope I never came across as that, but I do know that I was impatient all the same, so I apologize.

Big thanks to Doc for taking Nerwen and for the great quest.

I did enjoy myself and I hope I wasn't too narky about updates.

Actually, neither of you really ever struck me as impatient.

My other major complaint, which is RARE for you, is that sometimes I felt a little lost as to the surroundings - where the hell did our NPC allies go at the end for the Mopag battle? How did we communicate in the hex battle? Was I on a horse sometimes? These are things that would really help us role play, and though I know that it's not the biggest deal for you, it is for some of us, and helping us enjoy the game to it's fullest extent is part of your job.

I have to admit that I was a bit lost at what we were supposed to do at times, due to the open-ended structure and the long span of time the quest lasted, but I hope that all in all I kept Ellaria consistently siding with the original citizens of R'kilf. I'm not sure if there were that many options on how things could have ended - the different factions were a bit too clearly jotted down as the "good guys" and the "bad guys", and the heroes chosen for the quest were a pretty lawful group (aside from a certain dwarven individual). In the grand scheme of things, the quest's task was less epic than usual, but I really didn't mind that we were helping out one village instead of trying to save the entire world.

Good point(s). I know it was said before in Quest 31 that players can feel lost in my storyline or apparent lack of it; I'll have to pay more attention to that. (Although in the case of that quest, I was basically railroading the entire time, whereas there was actually a lot of open-world play in this one.)

Oh, also, forgot about this: saying that either another player is kicked out or you'll quit; that's just plain childish.

Personaly I enjoied the quest for his being so open to player's action, the only complaint is it was very slow (but I know, real life come first) and the presence of some "impatience" people. More in dept comment after you reactions :grin:

Oh, also, forgot about this: saying that either another player is kicked out or you'll quit; that's just plain childish.

I couldn't agree more :classic:

Well that was one of the shortest quests I've ever been on I think and it was actually a pleasant change from the normal epic length ones. You've got quite a story laid out ahead of you, Endgame. I like how much time and energy you've put into setting up such spanning storyarchs, my only suggestion is to be careful how much you plan ahead and railroad. It did feel like that some of the time information was being monologued as opposed to evolving naturally in order to move the narratives forward. It's great from an authorial point of view, however it makes our decisions as players seem somewhat meaningless because, it doesn't matter which heroes are in a particular quest if our individuality isn't going to have any impact on how events turn out. For instance, what would have happened if the heroes had let Doppel go? This also relates to the investigation scene in the lab, we sort of felt forced to investigate to "learn" about everything that had gone on, it seemed very "forced". Some characters like Baradock and Skrall are just going to bust down the nearest door, it's not necessarily wrong, it's just how they go about investigating. As a suggestion, I'd allow for alternative solutions to encounters, for instance the vermin fight or Junkie fight, both of which felt somewhat unavoidable no matter what we did or say.

Aside from that, the battles seemed quick, which was an encouraging change from the 7-10 round battles that are becoming too frequent in my opinion. Again, I'm sorry that Skrall decimated Doppel, but I have designed him to be a boss killer, just like Atramor or Hoke have designed their builds to fit specific niches in battle. The junkie battle was my favorite, but I will give you that the Doppel fight was the most ingenious mechanics wise, though perhaps not for this specific party. :classic:

I liked Augustus and I think Skrall was able to relate to him more than Octavyn. Octavyn seemed to "dump" everything (backstory, philosophy, personality) on the party as opposed to having it slowly work its way out over time as opposed to Augustus, who was more withdrawn and portrayed his personality more through his mannerisms and perhaps lack of long speeches. One feels alive and intractable, the other feels more like a book that's been read and there isn't anything more to ask it or learn about it. :def_shrug:

Overall, you did a great job. The setting was good, the builds were alright for LDD, and the pacing was done well. :thumbup:

Baradock: I like the direction you're going. Yes it takes a lot work to play a mute character and even though Skrall still didn't know his name by the end of the quest, I have a feeling that out of all the party, Baradock was the one he felt the most connection with. Keep going with the brash reckless ideas and muteness and I think you'll have a great character in a few quests. It'd be great to quest with you again or even host you. Yes, Skrall does come off as a little wise sometimes, but he's experienced a lot of things during his stint in Heroica as well as even before he joined. Like Guts, he's an old man reaching the end of his career but still feels the itch to go out adventuring.

Karie: Skrall had a hard time relating to Karie as she seemed to have a better connection with Octavyn, Olivia, and the Syndicate then the rest of the party which made things a little awkward, but I know that was a little unavoidable. Hershey's a good addition to your character and you do an excellent job of non-verbally communicating what's going on with her as opposed to the inner monologuing that characterized your initial role-playing. I'm thankful you opened up to discussing more with Skrall towards the end of the quest, I know I deliberately took some actions (in character of course) that perhaps were contrary to her original plans and I'm glad they turned into some good discussion points. Skrall sees a little of his own daughter in Karie, and I think he's watching her react to him in the same way which saddens him a little, but he's learning to deal with people not agreeing with his methods at times. I do hope that like Baradock, Skrall has another chance to quest with Karie.

Skrall: Skrall didn't have any real turning points this quest aside from maybe Doppel's last question concerning reality, but I think it served to establish more of who he is as a hero, his philosophies on life, politics, and suffering. I'm pleased with his mechanical build now so am able to focus more on his characterization.

All right. I can't put it off any longer. Time to do this.

Doc, we've known each other for a long time. You were my first QM, and stuck with me through two full-length Quests to see me through to my Advanced Class. By no means do I want to disrespect you, so I'm not going to lie to you.

Quest 77 has been probably my most negative experience with Heroica to date, including CAT.

I appreciate just how hard it's been for you trying to deal with personal life--we've been in communication regarding the sets you've built for my upcoming Cathedral of Mercutio Quest, and I know how convoluted and frustrating your building process is at the moment. That said, the delays were absolutely brutal, especially as I'm watching so much happen outside our Quest while we seemed to just stand around talking and not moving at all because one or two people hadn't bolded an action.

Incidentally, in my poking about wanting to get on other Quests, I wasn't trying to take a dig at you; I was trying to provoke a little more activity from my fellow players, because of said "dead spaces". Because I knew it would take two days for a response to any major action, I knew it was important for the party to get all our actions in as quickly as possible--I know that we'd have gotten through a lot quicker if everyone had been more active, myself included at times. However, on that note, I did specifically ask before we started if we would be back in time for Byblos/the Marketplace Quest. While I recognize our not getting back was due to circumstances outside your control, I must confess that I felt a little betrayed that that expectation wasn't met. I'm also a bit miffed that, in spite of teased Shadeaux rep and helping out a Shadeaux-aligned character, it never materialized--especially with the Quest reward putting me that much closer to 30. :sceptic:

Another thing that made the delays even worse was the lack of knowledge of where we were within the Quest. We did not have a very clear goal, which made it seem several times like we were "near the end" and almost to the point of quickly "wrapping things up", when in reality we still had months (plural) to go. Not knowing where we stood made things all the more frustrating, especially when Throlar kept doing things that reversed our progress and made things take even longer.

Doc, you had everything here. The sets were gorgeous, as always. You had a ton of interesting character bases (that then did not get expanded upon) and a brilliant free-form concept. You had hex battles, and normal battles, and politics and intrigue...and none of it really flowed. They all felt like a bunch of disjointed elements with only vague allusions tying them together. Brilliant elements, of course, but it lacked the cohesion we've come to expect from a Brickdoctor Quest.

And ultimately, that was the worst thing: it didn't feel like it came from you. This Quest really felt like it was a flawed imitation of the Brickdoctor we all know and love--a well-meaning imitation that tried really hard, but didn't understand what makes your Quests great in the first place.

Your Quests (4, 17, 31) were awesome not just because they were free-form--they were awesome because everything was very clearly defined. What you could and couldn't do weren't spelled out (though the results were made clear once you tried), but what you should and shouldn't do (along with what you needed to do) were explicit. You don't get a map, but you do get a compass and a heading, and a definite destination. In 77, we got none of the above. Flailing helplessly at first works for short periods of time--this lasted the whole Quest, and the fun wore off quickly. It was too much like real life--no destination in sight, just endless days of directionless muddling.

Your characters also seemed off. The shopkeepers, the various NPCs we got early on? Brilliant! The Knights of Patuqun? Great! And from that point on, the personality just slowly seemed to taper off. I'm not sure if we were supposed to pick up the mantle and embody them ourselves (like I did back with Knyghton and WBD did to great effect with Luke), but again, the lack of clarity hurt us--I didn't want to step on your toes (especially knowing how much you already had to deal with), but at the same time that left us with a number of faceless mooks instead of vibrant allied NPCs like we're used to having in your Quests.

Additionally, there were other concerns to deal with. Frankly, CAT killed 77--we were all in it, we were all exhausted by it, and yet we kept struggling through in spite of it. I was ready for some serious Hall downtime at the end of that game, and it seems like you could have used some time off as well--we (or at least I) could practically see you and your characters getting more and more tired from that point on.

But I feel like I'm being too negative on you--most of it's my own fault. A lot of this is that I was a poor fit for your Quest, and deep down I knew it. Despite trying a lot of things, I never managed to get it right. I was either too active or not active enough, too vocal or too quiet, too stat-based or too-roleplaying-based. I was impatient and frustrating, and I did an absolutely abysmal job of communicating my concerns to you before it was too late. I can't help but feel this Quest would have gone a lot better without me on it, and for that I apologize. Quite frankly, I should not have signed up--it was selfish of me, and I took a spot that most likely could have been better filled by a less ungrateful player. I'm sorry.

Right, on to character analysis:

Nerwen- I love Nerwen. She's very understated, but always a joy to watch. My only advice: be more proactive! I saw you waiting for everyone's input a lot, and while it's admirable to let everyone get a say, as party leader it's your prerogative to make the executive decisions and keep things moving. More importantly, Nerwen is a LOT more interesting when she decides to pick a choice and start moving than when she waits around for everyone else to make it for her. Many of Nerwen's best moments come from her more impulsive decisions--go further with it. :wink:

Alexander- Where were you? You're a great player, and certainly a valuable asset in battle, but you seemed even quieter than usual this time around. You're naturally quiet, but I know from 64 and 57 that you're not THIS quiet--though perhaps some of it came from being in a different sub-party than Arthur much of the time. I'd like to see more of Alexander--just a suggestion, of course. :wink:

Ellaria- What can I say? You, too, were quiet, but I loved that when you spoke, it was always dripping with character and personality. You drove the middle part of the Quest with your interaction with the Knights of Patuqun, and it's probably the thing I'll remember most from it. It's a shame you and Arthur hardly got to interact, but it's probably for the best--I doubt the friendly Druid of Sylvania would approve of a Zootist. :tongue:

Boomingham- I have nothing to say to you. :poke: Seriously, though, we've spent the better portion of a year Questing together, and while it's been great, I'm looking forward to a return to the player-QM dynamic with you and me. I don't know how on earth you, Pandora, and Pie put up with each other at this point. :poke:

Overall--thank you for putting up with me for five months, and I'm sorry I didn't contribute more of worth.

However, on that note, I did specifically ask before we started if we would be back in time for Byblos/the Marketplace Quest. While I recognize our not getting back was due to circumstances outside your control, I must confess that I felt a little betrayed that that expectation wasn't met.

I don't think either Quest had been posted in the Hall at that point. How was Doc supposed to know when either one would launch?

Sandy had mentioned a few times about hosting Byblos/Marketplace in late October. At that time I (and others, I'm sure) were under the impression that they'd be one in the same, but still.

-snip-

Right, on to character analysis:

-snip-

Why have you not written an analysis for Throlar?

Sandy had mentioned a few times about hosting Byblos/Marketplace in late October. At that time I (and others, I'm sure) were under the impression that they'd be one in the same, but still.

He was only a month off. Take it from me, judging the length of a Quest before it even begins rarely turns out accurately. :shrug_confused:

He was only a month off. Take it from me, judging the length of a Quest before it even begins rarely turns out accurately. :shrug_confused:

To be fair, Sandy was also a month off in his estimate of when it would be up. (Though I'm one to talk, my Quest was supposed to be up in May, and it's only just now ready...)

To be fair, Sandy was also a month off in his estimate of when it would be up. (Though I'm one to talk, my Quest was supposed to be up in May, and it's only just now ready...)

Exactly, so how fair is it to blame your current QM when your character misses a Quest they seemingly HAVE to go on?

People are in such a rush in Heroica these days. There's always another Quest, or somebody to talk to in the Hall, or trades to make. Is it unreasonable to suggest everyone just enjoy the Quests they're on rather than hurry things along for the sake of another? I'm sure as hell excited for Strivvi but I'm not going to speed through the Quest I'm on now just to get to it. It doesn't do anyone any favors.

Is it unreasonable to suggest everyone just enjoy the Quests they're on rather than hurry things along for the sake of another?

I stress 'for the sake of another'. Trying to push things along when a Quest itself is moving slowly is within reason, in my opinion.

Exactly, so how fair is it to blame your current QM when your character misses a Quest they seemingly HAVE to go on?

People are in such a rush in Heroica these days. There's always another Quest, or somebody to talk to in the Hall, or trades to make. Is it unreasonable to suggest everyone just enjoy the Quests they're on rather than hurry things along for the sake of another? I'm sure as hell excited for Strivvi but I'm not going to speed through the Quest I'm on now just to get to it. It doesn't do anyone any favors.

I don't blame Doc--like I said, I should have made that clear at the time. I blame us, the party, for being so slow in getting our actions to him. Yes, Doc had a turnaround time of a full day or two, but we the party took just as long to decide what to do as well. Part of that's time zones, but I still feel we could easily have knocked a month off the Quest by being more active ourselves. :sceptic:

The only way I would want it. The only reason I only want certain people on my quest is because they have been on the first unfinished one and it's unfair NOT to give them the chance to come along if they have any desire to. :classic:

I don't blame Doc--like I said, I should have made that clear at the time. I blame us, the party, for being so slow in getting our actions to him. Yes, Doc had a turnaround time of a full day or two, but we the party took just as long to decide what to do as well. Part of that's time zones, but I still feel we could easily have knocked a month off the Quest by being more active ourselves. :sceptic:

Every quest can go faster. If you'd have a group of questees and QM consisting of you, Endgame, CMP and myself, we'd probably be the most active and the quickest there will be. But you have to keep in mind people have stuff to do, not always have access to (good enough) internet. I am lucky I have a laptop with internet pretty much anywhere, not everyone can do that. It's unrealistic to expect people to be more active than they are (if they are active enough) with that in mind.

Agreed.

The only way I would want it. The only reason I only want certain people on my quest is because they have been on the first unfinished one and it's unfair NOT to give them the chance to come along if they have any desire to. :classic:

It's totally within your rights to start the Quest with whoever you want, though, if you wanted to. Players shouldn't feel entitled to go on any specific Quests regardless of who else is on it, where it's going, what NPCs are on it, etc.

It's totally within your rights to start the Quest with whoever you want, though, if you wanted to. Players shouldn't feel entitled to go on any specific Quests regardless of who else is on it, where it's going, what NPCs are on it, etc.

And I would if there wasn't the fact that Quest 40 was suspended.

Every quest can go faster. If you'd have a group of questees and QM consisting of you, Endgame, CMP and myself, we'd probably be the most active and the quickest there will be.

That'd last six hours, max. :laugh:

I think it's time to do my Zepher thing too.

Nerwen - Wonderful. I am so happy that we got to quest together, finally. I think that we've laid a real good frame work, and though the quest was slow at time and we had to read back to know what we'd already discussed, I think it worked. I have stated before that I think Nerwen is the closest thing to a love interest I could see for Boomingham, and while I'm not sure that's true, they certainly have a long ways to go in their relationship. The fact that you've given weight to your elf status is very cool too - it is underplayed by most people, but you make it a believable part of your character. I think it's powerful. I think Nerwen is awesome and unique and I'm glad to see where she and Boomingham and she and Guts go. I hope we will quest together again soon, in perhaps a more goal oriented quest. We can clash or work together beautifully!

Ellaria - Again, wonderful. Ellaria and Boomingham are very unlikely friends, and I really enjoy it. I don't know what has drawn him so much to Ellaria and Nyx, but he really wants to look after both of them AND respects them both immensely at the same time. I think that our quest together (Taking Out the Laundry) was a very powerful one for Boomingham, and as it was just the two of us (conversation-wise) for a majority of that quest, I think that Boomingham and Ellaria know each other better than many of the other heroes. I'm always happy to have you on a quest. I am very excited to see more of Ellaria in the future, and I hope that you are alright with keeping Boomingham as part of your story, because both he and I love the charming, sweet, innocent, powerful young mother you've created.

Alexander - I'd like to see more of your character, of course, but when you did post a lot (particularly in the beginning) it was always a fun conversation. I feel too that you began to lose interest in the end, but I'd love to quest with you again.

Arthur - I actually like questing with someone for that long. I think Arthur and Boomingham are great foils, and I really enjoy the dynamic they have. Every conversation is revealing with them. It's rare for Boomingham to dislike and like and disrespect and respect someone, but that's how he feels about Arthur. For a character with such strong convictions, it's good to have someone who throws a wrench in everything. Arthur is smart and cunning and tactical, but he makes bad choices and is dumb. :laugh: Boomingham still doesn't know what to make of him after a year, and I think it's good. You may be tired of it, but I'm sure not. :poke:

Tholar - You were rocky at the beginning, but you seemed to start to grasp it as the quest came along. Keep improving - we're all confused as to how to play when it all starts off, but you've laid some groundwork and started to get the hang of things, and while at the beginning (I won't lie) I probably would not have wanted to quest with you again, you came along enough that I'd be more than willing to give it a shot. Remember this is a community game - stealing the lime light isn't allowed.

I actually have some notes on Gaiden too, but that will come later. As I find is often true, I think WBD and Kintober have aptly summed up a lot of what I feel (too Karie centric, Octavyn is kind of boring with all his in your faceness, the battles were cool), but I want to go more in depth. But, this is long enough already, so that will come along when it comes along.

All right, it's time for me to say something :tongue:

About the quest, I really enjoyed it, my only complaint is the lenght and it's speed (I wished too to be part of the Marketplace quest :innocent2: ) but I know that real life more important and the fact that I, too, wished some reputation :innocent: . The set were great as the characters.

On my side I have to apologize to all of you (QM and fellow questies) for being in this last two month so little active, for two main reason I think: for the very slow speed of the quest itself but especially for real life that drives my mind away being in a bad moment :sad:

About my fellow Heroes:

Nerwen: I encounter two times with you (I'm right?) and I always thinks yours is a great character, after the finish of this quest in which I have more time to observe her, I have the feeling to haven't speak enough with you :grin:

Arthur: In this quest we interact each other very little and I think it's a pity, I hope one day to re-encounter you on a quest.

Boomingham: we quest each other 2/3 times and he is always "Boominghan" I can't say better :grin: but I liked him and his interaction.

Tholar: you are not so bad, you have a different playstyle, I say "irruent", but something you are too "irruent", I found some things you said and how you said it "disturbing"

Thanks all for bearing Alxander all this month, I really enjoyed questing with you :grin:

Alexander- Where were you? You're a great player, and certainly a valuable asset in battle, but you seemed even quieter than usual this time around. You're naturally quiet, but I know from 64 and 57 that you're not THIS quiet--though perhaps some of it came from being in a different sub-party than Arthur much of the time. I'd like to see more of Alexander--just a suggestion, of course. :wink:

Alexander - I'd like to see more of your character, of course, but when you did post a lot (particularly in the beginning) it was always a fun conversation. I feel too that you began to lose interest in the end, but I'd love to quest with you again.

Thanks a lot Flipz and Zepher for thinking this about Alexander (too kind, I don't think I'm so good :grin: ), I admire your characters (Nerwen too :laugh: ) for being so "real" and I hope to take inspiration from you to become better.

Thanks BD for letting me play and I'm not so good with words, sorry :grin:

Also, I'd like to comment on #76 Trade Routes.DLL, I apologize you had such an inactive party, I tried my best. The RP in the beginning was fantastic, and the idea of the quest was cool. I like how you put our minifigs in the pics. The games/puzzle and getting past the guards were great ideas too. However, I felt lost on what to do at somepoints, and was just waiting to get moved along somewhere. Also the quest was put at an unacceptable speed by William the PL not being there. And then Shoker disappeared, I'm not sure where he went. Then You were gone. I'm not sure if you can even read this. :look: I hope you are alright and ok, along with shoker who went missing. You'd be a great QM if you had more time. :cry_sad:

What has been said about 86 is pretty much completely accurate.

Octavyn being read book: I can agree with that one. The quest was originally going to be a lot more Octavyn oriented, but now it seems it was a good idea to withdraw him from such a major role. One of his major traits has always been his inability to shut up: In fact, he was originally going to be a lot worse. Thankully, I turned his outgoing-ness down quite a bit, and now he is atleast somewhat likeable. :tongue: In fact, the fact that he can't shut his mouth was really what got himself barbequed: Even Augustus lampshades this was one of the reasons he resented

Too rail-roady: I'd agree with that as well. You did have choices, though: You indeed could've taken the drugs from the junkies. Octavyn would've offered to slice them up for you, and they would've headed down and managed to puzzle out the gate, after some time. Doppel would've slaughtered the, however, so... :blush:

Also: There were tons of hiden stuffs on the back of the documents. I have always hid stuff on the back of pieces of paper. :grin:

Too Karie-centric: I feared this was happening as well. I wanted someone from both the oculoid and Syndicate story archs to help get the other heroes in the know (Otherwise, the monologuing would be far, far worse) but it resulted in her accidentally stealing the show once more. I tried throwing lines to both Skrall and Baradock, but considering Karie "knew" octavyn better, the little lines I threw out went far beyond others.

Battles: Grumble grumble pumpkin bombs. :grin:

Skrall, really, I don't mind you decimating Doppel. It was my own fault - no need to feel sorry for another person's mistake.

Hey, look who has wifi? :tongue:

What has been said about 86 is pretty much completely accurate.

Also: There were tons of hiden stuffs on the back of the documents. I have always hid stuff on the back of pieces of paper. :grin:

Battles: Grumble grumble pumpkin bombs. :grin:

Skrall, really, I don't mind you decimating Doppel. It was my own fault - no need to feel sorry for another person's mistake.

Oh, of course there was! I should have known! :wall::laugh:

I'm waiting for Sandy to deal with them and debuff them. Any day now. :tongue:

Now you know how I felt back in 78! :grin: It's hard planning for a boss like that. The tank can turn into cannon fodder so easily these days.

Quest 77

I have to say that this was not the beast thing that could have happened to me, but it did have a few bright spots, the delays where really, really painful (as my constant complaints showed), I don't know how BD forgot about the longsword but I'm willing to forget that, after all he did have a lot on his mind at the time, the quest was enjoyable, but the fact that CromeKnight had to take over one of the NPC's at the end was really, well... :sceptic:.

I must say that I'm sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with Throlar, he isn't the most well fleshed-out character in the game (The backstory in particular) but he tries, despite a short temper, violent mood swings, and the fact that he really hates his job. I think that, in D&D terms, he could be best described as Chaotic Neutral with a dash of Lawful.

Now for the heroes, sorry if I seem a little critical;

Nerwen, I can't really say much about her, save that she was one of the most intelligent and thoughtful characters in the group, well played CromeKnight!

Bloomingham, I can't say much about him either, but I really didn't se much of him, and right now I don't have the time to review the quest, but he is a well-developed character and I hope to see more of him. Barty didn't do much this time around.

Ellaria, This was my first quest with all of you so I can't say much about anyone, including Ellaria, But I must say there was one bit at the beginning that was too good to ignore, if you're happy and you know it...

Arthur, although I feel as if I ought to devote a page to him... I just can't think of a thing to say about him, but I feel that Throlar and he ought to have a few long talks... If he doesn't kill Throlar first!

Alexander, He hasn't had much character development, and I think that you ought to work on your english, but I think your cheerful elf is coming along nicely.

Edited by Lord Duvors