Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Brickdoctor, I don't mean to be rude, but any idea when the next round in the Arena fight will be done?

Something I'm wondering is why does William have the Amulet of the Elven Horse Rider in his equipment, when more likely than not, he won't be attacking from the front row anyway. The Lion Knight Shield should be useable by him, since he's a ranger, and I would think he would wear the Chimera Armor and Pauldrons as well instead of the Amulet. :look:

Nope, Warden.

William Harkenshire (VolcanicPanik)

Level 15.5 Warden

:sceptic:

Edited by Palathadric

Also, Sandy, is the Carp Pond built on a Paradisa baseplate? More pics, please!

Like I've always said, there's most often nothing more to the sets I build than what you see in the pictures. :tongue:

set1.jpg

Hello everybody! I am starting a character called Janek of Salmanda. I look forward to meeting you all in the game, and completing many quests!

Thank you all.

Welcome and remember to introduce your character in the Hall :wink:

Welcome HeinzWilhelm! Your character is looking great :wub: Sounds as much fun ;)

HeinzWilhelm is a pretty common German name, esp. during the time of WW2

Edited by PsyKater

>Nerwen vs. Siege Cart - Scroll of Sealing (50% chance - No Seal, Nerwen -1 Ether)

I could be wrong, I know there was some discussion about it a long while ago, but I believe that a scroll "miss" does not deduct ether.

Welcome to the game, Heinz! Enjoy your time here.

Welcome to the game, Heinz! Enjoy your time here.

Yes, welcome! It's fantastic that quite a number of new people have been coming lately. It seems I will have enough U-Level 15 heroes to take on a quest next year. :classic:

Welcome to the adventure, HeinzWilhelm! May it be a long and fun one for you! :wink:

I could be wrong, I know there was some discussion about it a long while ago, but I believe that a scroll "miss" does not deduct ether.

Actually, it does. Rolling a "MISS" for a spell or healing does not deduct ether, but using a scroll (whether successful or not) does.

And yes, I will add that to the FAQ. :tongue:

Yes, welcome! It's fantastic that quite a number of new people have been coming lately. It seems I will have enough U-Level 15 heroes to take on a quest next year. :classic:

Yes, there's a lot actually. Don't worry, my quest 55 will leave everyone under level 15 for you. :tongue:

Brickdoctor, I don't mean to be rude, but any idea when the next round in the Arena fight will be done?

Oops, I thought you hadn't posted yet. :blush: I'll run it now.

Like I've always said, there's most often nothing more to the sets I build than what you see in the pictures. :tongue:

Yes, but since I actually own that baseplate (well, that MOLD of baseplate but with different colors and printing), it helps me get a sense of scale; it makes the prospect of building physical sets much less intimidating. :classic:

Also, can I request in advance that, at the end of the Quest, we get a complete listing of the 108 stars from 1 to 108?

Also, can I request in advance that, at the end of the Quest, we get a complete listing of the 108 stars from 1 to 108?

You don't need to request it, I was going to do it anyway. :grin:

Welcome HeinzWilhelm. Nice accent :-)

Hope to get in rp /w your character

By the way I totally forgot to introduce myself here. So, hi everyone. Thanks for all the support on my character I got so far. I hope it will be a pleasurable time rp'ing with you

OK, since I have time (not really, but we'll pretend I do), I'll compose a sort of "universal Battle Order" that will be suitable for most purposes, based primarily off of class features, with some notes on optimal use of special effects along the way. (Note that only Basic and Advanced classes will be included, as the Expert Classes will need testing in combat before I can strategize properly for them.)

Battle Order:

Paladins

Knights

Sorcerers

Assassins

Berserkers (if party is not yet Encouraged)

Rogues

Witches

Raiders

Mystic Knights

Black Knights

Berserkers (if party is already Encouraged)

Hunters

Barbarians

Evokers

Mages

Battle Mages

Rangers

Shamans

Sages

Clerics

Druids

Wardens

*critically injured party members*

At the top, we have three of the four non-damaging, non-healing SHIELD effects, two of which also come with SP so as to defend against Free Hits, one of which gains Gold, and all of which protect the party as a whole. Next we have Assassins; as a Gold-gaining class, they should always be near the top of the Order, especially since they have a shot at instant assassination, which is almost always a good thing for the party. As a Barbarian-hybrid, Berserkers would normally be lower in the list (and if the party is already Encouraged, then indeed they are lower), but their SP and ability to Encourage the party bump them up a lot. (They could even be put above Assassin, but Assassins don't benefeit much from Encouragement and it's common courtesy to put gold-gaining classes above the damage-dealers to give them an optimal chance to gain Gold anyway.) Next come basic Rogues, since their Gold earnings depend on damage output, followed by Witches, who occupy a strange mix of roles. As the only Cleric class besides Paladin that does not heal the party on a Shield, they make ideal early-order healers, but their ability to inflict effects that don't take effect until the end of the Round/beginning of the next Round would normally put them a LOT lower (to minimize the risk that these "slow-acting" effects will be placed on enemies that end up KO'd before they take effect); it's only due to the potential usefulness of Special Mirror that they take an early spot. In fact, really, Witches don't occupy any one spot in the Battle Order at all, their placement depends solely on how useful their Special Mirror would be at that point in the Round. (More on this later when I discuss Effects.)

Anyway, after basic Rogues come Raiders, the only Rogue class to both gain Gold AND do area damage on a Shield; the former ability puts them ahead of all Barbarians except Berserker, while the latter ability puts them at the bottom of the Gold-earning Rogue classes. Next come Mystic Knights and Black Knights; both come below the Gold-earning classes (and thus, the other Knight classes) because they are primarily damage-dealers rather than party defenders, and the Black Knight comes below the Mystic Knight thanks to Special Dodge--if a Black Knight is the only Knight in the party, then obviously you want them up front to take Free Hits, but if you've got another strong sourse of SP, you want them at the bottom of the Battle Order so that their Special Dodge will hit no one. (The exception to this is Warden, since their Shield renders the chance of Special Dodge somewhat moot.)

Next up are the heavy-hitters: Berserkers live here once the party is Encouraged for area-of-effect aid and SP defense, Hunters have an all-around high damage output, and Barbarians, Evokers, and Mages deal area damage, bringing them ahead of some of the other classes despite their somewhat diminished ability to handle Damage. Battle Mages live below these thanks to their Counter (Berserkers can live just ahead of Battle Mages if their SP is low for the same reason; no sense to risk killing an enemy with a Counter when another ally has a chance to kill the enemy normally instead), and basic Rangers below them so as to focus the potential of Tripleshot.

Lastly we have the block of Cleric classes; as the heaviest damage-dealer, the Shaman naturally goes first, followed closely by Sage. Basic Clerics are the next-to-last, while Druids are around to revive KO'd party members (including any basic Clerics who managed to get themselves killed instead of dropping a Miracle). Wardens come very last, to minimize potential Damage taken from Aura to only Free Hits. (Critically injured party members come below Clerics, obviously so that the Clerics have a chance to heal them before they have to face damage, and they come below Wardens just in case the Clerics fail.)

Effects can change up the order, but only slightly; there are two types of Effects: fast-acting Effects (i.e. Blinded, Sealed, Asleep, Stunned, etc.) that take effect as soon as they're inflicted, and slow-acting Effects (i.e. Hexed, Cursed, all variations of Poisoned) that don't take effect until the end of the current Round or until the start of the next. Heroes who deal fast-acting Effects should generally be placed early in the Order (so that the rest of the party can immediately benefeit from them), while those that deal slow-acting Effects should go later (so there's less of a risk of, say, Deadly Poisoning an enemy right before another party member kills it). This is why the Witch's position is so variable; if they are attacking an enemy whose Special is fast-acting, then they should go early on in the Round in case of a Special Mirror, whereas if they are attacking an enemy with a slow-acting special (or if they are healing an ally), they should go late in the Round so as to make better use of the Special Mirror, Hex, and/or Poisoning.

OK, since I have time (not really, but we'll pretend I do), I'll compose a sort of "universal Battle Order" that will be suitable for most purposes, based primarily off of class features, with some notes on optimal use of special effects along the way.

This is why we all love you, Flipz, only you would have even thought of doing this; let alone going into such detail. :pir_kiss:

Edited by Scorpiox

*snip*

I've never put Daggerfall at the top, simply because Guardian Angel wouldn't come into effect until the next round anyway, and we haven't had to worry about free hits yet.