Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Did somebody just buy my overpriced Viking Helmet? There is a far better-looking helmet for Drake that cuts the costs 66.66666666666ladidada per cent less!

Also, Sandy, I was wondering, does it really make sense to have the Fauxtril Broomsticks available? Why buy a staff when one can buy a broomstick for the same price and with the same WP? :sceptic:

...Um...you're a paladin... :sceptic:

We "heroes" are a messed up lot, aren't we? :look:

It never said that in the job description did it? :look:

Nah, any god can have their form of paladins. Like a god of death could have death knights.

CallMePie, I commend your brush skills.

kje9t.png

But you can't beat the master.

Oh and the guy with the pointy hat and the square is Arthur, guy with the Lightsaber is Alex and Thormy is the one carrying the big axe.

En Sabah Nur looks at the quest board. "Ah, it seems Jess finally tamed that outlandish hairstyle." The mage continued on his way.

Hey now, don't be poking fun at Jess's hair, Nur! :laugh:

That's what the Sword of the Vampir looks like. :tongue:

As long as it's still a long sword it doesn't matter to me what it looks like so you're free to change it just like Docken did with his shield. I just thought a rapier better suited a vampire than a broadsword.

Wait, who exactly was selected for Quest 49:

Jess (MaskedBuilder) *Party Leader*

Masked, or Sisco? If it's Sisco, then Thormy needs to hurry up and find Jess in the Hall.. heh

Yeah I'd like a clarification there too.

Edit: Hang on, Jess never signed up so it has to be me.

Yeah, sorry about that! :blush:

MB, you're in.

Sweet, that's what I thought. How long 'till we ship out?

2 minutes ago :grin:

( I'm struggling with the new forum interface...gaah)

8082402491_4340e78e88_t.jpg

"This squabbling is beneath you both, in three weeks is the next vote, let us pray a decision will be made then, finally."

The last speaker then turns to the heroes, he says:

8082402491_4340e78e88_t.jpg

"You, red or blue?"

What will the party say?

If you're referencing what I think you're referencing (and I'm pretty sure you are), then the whole party's pretty much screwed no matter who they choose. Then again, that's more an expression of my own cynicism toward what you're referencing than of anything in-game, so... :blush:

Hmm...actually, if we DID have something like Heroica IRL, then maybe things WOULD be better...

For reference, Arthur would say "blue" on an ideological level, but believes that nothing will actually be accomplished by either side. :grin:

Edit: PM received.

Has anyone thought of using the Rohan Soldiers as northern warriors?

Edited by TheBoyWonder

If you're referencing what I think you're referencing (and I'm pretty sure you are), then the whole party's pretty much screwed no matter who they choose. Then again, that's more an expression of my own cynicism toward what you're referencing than of anything in-game, so... :blush:

Hmm...actually, if we DID have something like Heroica IRL, then maybe things WOULD be better...

For reference, Arthur would say "blue" on an ideological level, but believes that nothing will actually be accomplished by either side. :grin:

I don't THINK I'm referencing to what you think, but send me a PM. :wink:

Upon checking out the Q40 stats...holy cow, I thought a lot of those Heroes were higher-leveled than that. I could have sworn Boomingham had hit Level 20 already! :blush: It'll be interesting to see how Arthur's relationships to these Heroes changes as he approaches them in experience and power--will it go to his head, will he pity them, or will he continue to treat them as his elders, his superiors, even when his Power outstrips theirs?

Upon checking out the Q40 stats...holy cow, I thought a lot of those Heroes were higher-leveled than that. I could have sworn Boomingham had hit Level 20 already! :blush: It'll be interesting to see how Arthur's relationships to these Heroes changes as he approaches them in experience and power--will it go to his head, will he pity them, or will he continue to treat them as his elders, his superiors, even when his Power outstrips theirs?

I've been on a number of fantastic but slow-moving quests. I too think of myself as a higher level than I am on occasion. :blush:

Running the numbers, I'll actually be in my advanced classes by the time Fantome Croise bites the dust. :excited:

Now... Assasin or Black Knight? :look:

I am again putting this out to all future (and my one current) QMs. If you would ever like to permanently maim Boomingham in some way (leg lost, hand lost, arm lost) I would truly not be opposed. It would have to be to a worthy adversary, and hopefully one that is in some way to foil of his character or a mirror to his backstory, but you do NOT have to check with me first... you can surprise me with it. :devil:

I am again putting this out to all future (and my one current) QMs. If you would ever like to permanently maim Boomingham in some way (leg lost, hand lost, arm lost) I would truly not be opposed. It would have to be to a worthy adversary, and hopefully one that is in some way to foil of his character or a mirror to his backstory, but you do NOT have to check with me first... you can surprise me with it. :devil:

u4RZo.png

"I can schedule a cranial amputation if that is what you'd like..."

Also, Sandy, I was wondering, does it really make sense to have the Fauxtril Broomsticks available? Why buy a staff when one can buy a broomstick for the same price and with the same WP? :sceptic:

It's because broomsticks are now eligible as a starter weapon, so I want to avoid any complaints about "how a level 1 mage can get a broomstick but I can't!!!". ;P

I know it might make staves moot, but right now there are a lot more staves in play than broomsticks. And someone might want to choose a staff over a broomstick for roleplaying reasons. Odder things have been done for the sake of roleplaying, after all...

Running the numbers, I'll actually be in my advanced classes by the time Fantome Croise bites the dust. :excited:

Now... Assasin or Black Knight? :look:

Dude... Assassin all the way :grin:

Since it's been a bit slow here lately and I don't feel this merits its own thread somewhere, does anyone have any idea what set the big treasure chest in this photo comes from? I came across it on ebay, and the seller claims it's LEGO; I'm a bit skeptical since I've never seen it any set (but I could be mistaken, since I'm not too familiar with the older ones).

treasure.jpg

And umm, this is Heroica related because it's a treasure chest, and umm....everyone is obsessed with loot here. :tongue:

Since it's been a bit slow here lately and I don't feel this merits its own thread somewhere, does anyone have any idea what set the big treasure chest in this photo comes from? I came across it on ebay, and the seller claims it's LEGO; I'm a bit skeptical since I've never seen it any set (but I could be mistaken, since I'm not too familiar with the older ones).

treasure.jpg

And umm, this is Heroica related because it's a treasure chest, and umm....everyone is obsessed with loot here. :tongue:

Bottom+ Lid on Bricklink, many different colours.

The heroes in Darkdragons quest (#27?) hide in two of those, so there is your Heroica connection, link :wink: