Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

As I said, no research. :tongue:

Fair enough. :tongue:

Also, Zepher, Kintobor, I hope you're happy. You've already confused me not once, not twice, but three times. :look: We should have another Syndicate Avatar bonanza some time, though. :grin:

Edited by Endgame

As I said, no research. :tongue:

Well, same here :tongue:

Matthias is the first Ranger I think should really stick with his base class - Triple Shot with that cannon is awesome. :laugh:

EDIT: Though of course no one will know what I'm talking about!

Edited by Zepher

Matthias is the first Ranger I think should really stick with his base class - Triple Shot with that cannon is awesome. :laugh:

It's up to 9x damage on a single-enemy Tripleshot. Of course he should stick with Ranger! :poke:

Edited by Flipz

Hooray PM sidequests! And yeah, 135 damage from a level 9 character with a WP 5 weapon is great.

It's up to 9x damage on a single-enemy Tripleshot. Of course he should stick with Ranger! :poke:

I've been thinking about that, and I really don't think it should be. I can hardly believe it, but I'm advocating for my character to do less damage. Maybe I'm thinking too much about how a cannon would actually work....

Which leads me to this:

For elements of my minifig I do not want to change, I will seek out artifacts to fit my character's appearance. For instance I have an SP:1 cape I'll never switch out because the artifact drop is of the same design as the cosmetic non-artifact cape my character started with. For elements I don't mind changing, my character won't wear an artifact if I don't have the physical piece.

I was wondering if I was the only one who (tries) to do this. Anyone else artificially limit their build based on available LEGO parts?

And Jeb, does that include bodywear artifacts that are actual LEGO torso pieces? Like Robe of the Archmagi, for instance. I think that is where I will draw the line - "accessory" pieces should match what Matthias is actually wearing, but his body parts I'm just going to try and make look cool. :tongue:

Edited by nstickney

It's certainly a cool way to make characters! I don't do it personally, but more power to the people who do - and if it's possible, I try to work it!

And Jeb, does that include bodywear artifacts that are actual LEGO torso pieces? Like Robe of the Archmagi, for instance. I think that is where I will draw the line - "accessory" pieces should match what Matthias is actually wearing, but his body parts I'm just going to try and make look cool. :tongue:

Yeah, for me it includes bodywear. The only reason I've never purchased the Robe of the Archmagi is because I'd always see my character looking like Nyx. Currently the headwear, bodywear (it's an armor as opposed to a straight torso), backwear and primary weapon of my minifigure match the design of the actual item dropped. My minifig's torso, legs and gloves are cosmetic. I liked the Lichen Armor (bodywear) but didn't have the piece when my character got it so I went out and bought a set it came in to pacify my desire to match.

I actually bought a set to get Scupperer (or at least the closest purist look-alike I could find), so perhaps I do conform a little bit.

My character's torso, legs, and (until recently) hat were all cosmetic-only, but for the most part I tried to match what I'd be wearing. Now that I've switched to Knight-classes, I've actually gone more into the replication game than I used to.

I've always tried to replicate my weapons, however. :thumbup:

I change Hoke's avatar whenever he changes classes or gets an equipment upgrade:

hoke_ablesword_1.jpghoke_ableword_1b3.jpghoke_ableword_1b-old.jpghoke_ableword_1b-old-2.jpghoke_ableword_1b.jpg

And everyday/plain-clothes/hanging out in Heroica Hall Hoke:

hoke.jpg_thumb.jpg

Skrall and Atramor probably are some of the most powerful (besides Guts of course), I'm not so sure about Ellaria though... (No offense Sandy!)

None taken. Ellaria is physically weak on purpose, I've created her as a supporting character.

Hey, Scuba, Sandy poured a Deadly Venom onto Ignis Fatuus, so it should be poisoning for 25 health per strike. :wink:

And everyday/plain-clothes/hanging out in Heroica Hall Hoke:

hoke.jpg_thumb.jpg

Hey, Tarn is back...oh, wait. :poke:

OoC: That old scar that I gave her? :look: I wish more people reacted to being shot by getting scars. :laugh:

From Dastan, first proper conversation with XX, so yes from you. And apparently "Nyx has never been in more pain as dozens of metal balls enter her skin and exit the opposite side", so I don't think a scar is overdoing it. :tongue: It doesn't have to be a big scar, but it's associated with a significant and painful memory.

Oh, I knew exactly what you were referring to! I love that you got a scar from it - I think it's a fitting memory to have a scar from. :thumbup:

102ers - busy day, updates will roll in when I can manage!

Rest of the anxious crowd watching the dormant topic ( :laugh: ) they've almost all found their way to each other.

I'm not too good at giving Avalanche the gear he actually has, since as he uses the yeti sandwich board piece, he can't really wear any armour. If I had a human character, then yes, he would only buy gear that I have in LEGO.

I do plan to update Avalanche's picture once he enters the Advanced Class stage, though.

Minstrel is pretty awesome... but if they're not included in the battle order while singing, couldn't they make battles unloseable because they're invulnerable?

But with ether cores they can hop in for one round, and then hop back out for three or four or five. I'm actually with JimBee on this one, though I didn't think it when I saw it in 93. It's certainly worth looking into and thinking about balancing-wise, and I think he's on to something. :thumbup: If only for free-hit purposes.

I think Sandy said that if the Minstrel is the last hero left they can't sing or they're susceptible to free hits or something.

Pretty sure Minstrel singing works like the Buffoon's Hat. :shrug:

Also: time to rebuild my char. Again. :sceptic:

I thought that was what you lived for. :poke:

I keep running out of money! :laugh: