Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Guess who's baaack! :grin:

Welcome back!

You might have missed it, but Em's looking for you--he's giving you some Gold for the Iron Knuckle armor. :wink:

Yes, I've given you 100 gold-- if you don't find that's enough, I'll pay you more when more gold comes my way.

(If you remember, we were on a quest and I received the Iron Knuckle Armour with the intent of selling it off and giving the rest of the squad gold; I decided to buy it for myself since I went Warden.)

Yes, I've given you 100 gold-- if you don't find that's enough, I'll pay you more when more gold comes my way.

(If you remember, we were on a quest and I received the Iron Knuckle Armour with the intent of selling it off and giving the rest of the squad gold; I decided to buy it for myself since I went Warden.)

Speaking of which, I'm serious about testing that in the Arena--I'll even let you borrow my shield so it's not an unfair fight. (I have a new strategy--not related to the Sword of the Vampir, I promise not to use it in this fight! :tongue: --that I want to test out.)

:wacko: B&P, your battle results are really confusing to read. :sceptic:

Speaking of which, I'm serious about testing that in the Arena--I'll even let you borrow my shield so it's not an unfair fight. (I have a new strategy--not related to the

:wacko: B&P, your battle results are really confusing to read. :sceptic:

I realize this, and It's because I am trying to organize the battle results in a manner that making mistakes in calculations would be less frequent. Throughout this quest, the battle results have evolved, due to me tinkering with them to see what is good and bad about each. Sorry for the confusion.

Speaking of which, I'm serious about testing that in the Arena--I'll even let you borrow my shield so it's not an unfair fight. (I have a new strategy--not related to the Sword of the Vampir, I promise not to use it in this fight! :tongue: --that I want to test out.)

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've never understood why people have wanted the Sword of the Vampir so much. WP:17 is decent, but being Jinxed just throws it off. What strategy involves being unlucky?

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I've never understood why people have wanted the Sword of the Vampir so much. WP:17 is decent, but being Jinxed just throws it off. What strategy involves being unlucky?

Heh heh heh heh... there are reasons. :devil:

Mainly, it's for Guardian Angel abuse--Healing Staff on a Lucky Paladin vs. a Jinxed Hero (who can then remove Jinxed for the GA Round by swapping to another weapon) = 4 chances for a SHIELD roll. This is rather hard to accomplish otherwise, since ordinary healing counts Lucky but ignores Jinxed, and since Jinxed is pretty rare otherwise (I think Jebs and I are the only players with a consistent, non-consumable method of inflicting Jinxed).

Not dying as a Warden.

That, too. :tongue:

Edited by Flipz

Arthur is pretty well matched to fight Sarge. I'm probably gonna lose if we fight, and that's gonna be hard for me to roleplay! :laugh:

Fine by me; after your bout with Sarge, I'll spar with you unless I'm on a quest. I'm looking forward to testing out this armour regardless.

Heh heh heh heh... there are reasons. :devil:

Mainly, it's for Guardian Angel abuse--Healing Staff on a Lucky Paladin vs. a Jinxed Hero (who can then remove Jinxed for the GA Round by swapping to another weapon) = 4 chances for a SHIELD roll. This is rather hard to accomplish otherwise, since ordinary healing counts Lucky but ignores Jinxed, and since Jinxed is pretty rare otherwise (I think Jebs and I are the only players with a consistent, non-consumable method of inflicting Jinxed).

Aha. I do remember that strategy now, from the second or third Wren quest. On that note, Jinxy Juice needs to make a comeback. Maybe only as drops from enemies because having them available at Portia's might be too much... but the price should be hefty either way. They're super powerful, much more so than Nostrum are, so I think something like 75 gold would be fair if they were regularly available.

Aha. I do remember that strategy now, from the second or third Wren quest. On that note, Jinxy Juice needs to make a comeback. Maybe only as drops from enemies because having them available at Portia's might be too much... but the price should be hefty either way. They're super powerful, much more so than Nostrum are, so I think something like 75 gold would be fair if they were regularly available.

Eh, I'd value them at about 60-65--Jinxed is actually a really common immunity, and a Jinxed enemy tends to go down quick, ending the usefulness whereas a Lucky Hero is Lucky for the whole battle (or until they're Jinxed or Knocked Out).

What I WOULD like to see is a "Jinx Bomb" that jinxes everyone on the battlefield (allies and enemies alike). We need more effect bombs (more bombs in general, really), and that one has the potential to be really strategic. :wink: (We also need more bombs that have amplified effects when used by a Cannoneer.)

Eh, I'd value them at about 60-65--Jinxed is actually a really common immunity, and a Jinxed enemy tends to go down quick, ending the usefulness whereas a Lucky Hero is Lucky for the whole battle (or until they're Jinxed or Knocked Out).

What I WOULD like to see is a "Jinx Bomb" that jinxes everyone on the battlefield (allies and enemies alike). We need more effect bombs (more bombs in general, really), and that one has the potential to be really strategic. :wink: (We also need more bombs that have amplified effects when used by a Cannoneer.)

Hm, good point.

And agreed on all of those. I would really like to see Cannoneer in action more. We've seen some NPC classes briefly before, but I'm anticipating an actual hero that goes Cannoneer and tries to minmax or work out some cool strategies. I want to say that the class is relatively weak or simple compared to the other Expert Classes but at the same time we haven't seen it's true potential yet.

I guess that's true - I've tried to create some cool drops for the advanced classes now that we're starting to see them, but there aren't that many of them yet in all honesty. I think we have two necromancers, one beast warrior, and one regulator, but that's it. I'd love to see how some of the other ones work out, and who goes down those roads. There are some cool necromancer and minstrel stuff out there, but not much else yet. Maybe if we gave some canoneer/chi monk perks, we'd see more of them!

I guess that's true - I've tried to create some cool drops for the advanced classes now that we're starting to see them, but there aren't that many of them yet in all honesty. I think we have two necromancers, one beast warrior, and one regulator, but that's it. I'd love to see how some of the other ones work out, and who goes down those roads. There are some cool necromancer and minstrel stuff out there, but not much else yet. Maybe if we gave some canoneer/chi monk perks, we'd see more of them!

We've also seen some pretty awesome Dragoon stuff as well (Thalion's helmet from Tidings, Hoke's Flagpole [though it's a multi-class item]).

I know we'll be seeing at least one Skirmisher very soon, though. :wink:

I think a bit of the lack of expert classes has to do with house reputation. While a good number of heroes have access to at least one expert class (32 heroes currently), there hasn't been much opportunity to change that, not to mention quite a few of those expert classes were given as rewards for a single quest as opposed to the 2 or sometimes 3 required for the normal expert classes. If we look at the past 25 quests, only 5 of them have had house reputation attached to them as a reward. That's only 20%. Thus when you've gained access to one of the expert classes, it's really difficult to change or even gain access to one whose house is not in opposition to your first accessible class. Granted some quests do offer unadvertised reputation during the middle of quests, but most folks don't sign-up for a quest if they're aiming for a certain reputation on the chance that they might obtain some unadvertised reputation that might be of the house they wanted. :shrug_confused:

I think a bit of the lack of expert classes has to do with house reputation. While a good number of heroes have access to at least one expert class (32 heroes currently), there hasn't been much opportunity to change that, not to mention quite a few of those expert classes were given as rewards for a single quest as opposed to the 2 or sometimes 3 required for the normal expert classes. If we look at the past 25 quests, only 5 of them have had house reputation attached to them as a reward. That's only 20%. Thus when you've gained access to one of the expert classes, it's really difficult to change or even gain access to one whose house is not in opposition to your first accessible class. Granted some quests do offer unadvertised reputation during the middle of quests, but most folks don't sign-up for a quest if they're aiming for a certain reputation on the chance that they might obtain some unadvertised reputation that might be of the house they wanted. :shrug_confused:

So what you're saying is that someone needs to host a Shadeaux quest when Hoke finishes his current (and excellent) Zepher quest? :wink:

THEN Hoke needs to earn 40 GP in the Fields to get access to the Veteran Knight class.

Edited by UsernameMDM

Also, how does one deal with having rep for rivalling houses? Karie's got both Shadeux and Hinckwell, right? Or did the Shadeux rep replace the Hinckwell rep, because if that's the case there's little chance of her obtaining the Minstrel class, unless she gets ahold of a letter of recommendation and switches it back.

Edited by Kintobor

Also, how does one deal with having rep for rivalling houses? Karie's got both Shadeux and Hinckwell, right? Or did the Shadeux rep replace the Hinckwell rep, because if that's the case there's little chance of her obtaining the Minstrel class, unless she gets ahold of a letter of recommendation and switches it back.

You would gain Shadeux reputation and lose Hinckwell reputation.

If one starts out with great Hinckwell reputation and then gains Shadeux reputation, one could essentially have a good reputation with both concurrently though.

If one starts out with great Hinckwell reputation and then gains Shadeux reputation, one could essentially have a good reputation with both concurrently though.

Yeah, you gain and lose one 'point' of each reputation.

I'm CERTAIN that there is a rule which states that the party leader is supposed to decide a hero's action if they do not post, the hero does not automatically do nothing.

I'm CERTAIN that there is a rule which states that the party leader is supposed to decide a hero's action if they do not post, the hero does not automatically do nothing.

But the party leader didn't list the hero's action. That usually doesn't happen unless a hero has been inactive for a long period of time, they can't really predict when someone's not going to post.

(Begins to start chainsaw)

Thothwick and Dyric, I'm coming after you guys! :devil_laugh: