Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Am I missing something, or?

15481004935_2a2eb11453_s.jpgThrolar Wineghilm (Lord Duvors)

Gold: 1+4-5=0

Decamon Deck: 2x Magic Carp (Aquatic 1), 2x Volt Ant (Electric 1), 2x Tweetybird (Flying 1), Toxic Toad (Plant 1), 2x Lucky Rabbit (Icy 1), Ursa Minor (Ethereal 1)

I will say though... I honestly might win this... I already have a big advantage over all the other players at this point with my star elemental, considering I'm the only one so far that has actually gotten one. We'll see how it goes though :sweet:.

Have fun everyone,

Except they're in mine :laugh:

I will say though... I honestly might win this... I already have a big advantage over all the other players at this point with my star elemental, considering I'm the only one so far that has actually gotten one. We'll see how it goes though :sweet:.

Hate to ruin your confidence, but CMP has one as well. :wink:

I already had five cards before I entered the Tournament.

Oh, ok!

I'm wondering, will we see our NPC opponents' full decks?

Hate to ruin your confidence, but CMP has one as well. :wink:

As well as multiple others, including a level 9... :laugh: I guess we'll see how this goes. Not sure what the best strategy in this game will be, but it'd really depend on whether or not we knew our opponent's deck or not.

Don't get it. An Ethereal is still beaten by ANY other card with a higher number, correct?

Yes, but the only ways to have a higher card are to have either gotten one at some other point before the tournament(Like the birds in #120), or to win it from an NPC.

Don't get it. An Ethereal is still beaten by ANY other card with a higher number, correct?

yes, but I can use it as pretty much an automatic tie, giving me an advantage. The only issue is if the opponent has a level 9 or 10 card they have in reserve.

yes, but I can use it as pretty much an automatic tie, giving me an advantage. The only issue is if the opponent has a level 9 or 10 card they have in reserve.

Ah, I see, it's a level 8. Gotcha.

Still though, it only guarantees one winning set - you'll still have to make two more hands to win.

Heck, one could almost argue that having such a card possibly puts you at a tiny mental disadvantage, since having one hand guaranteed means you aren't as worried about winning as if you would be if you didn't have the 8, and thereby possibly more relaxed in your other choices*.

*Note the use of the "possibly".

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Have fun everyone,

Except they're in mine :laugh:

We can just trump all your other cards, so some odds are in our favor! Yays!

*loses to Bricksandparts anyways*

Honestly, Round 1 doesn't matter worth squat. Like, unless you just get screwed on the cards that the NPC brings and/or you play poorly, most of us should pass the first round. And honestly, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see some 7's, 8's, and 9's dropped by the 1st round NPC's that we are able to trump with some low cards so that we can diversify our decks a bit for round two. That's why, despite my rather shoddy draw, I'm not too worried. Toss my Eth1 out first round and then worry about trumping.

I wonder what happens when two cards are played, where one is higher in number than the other, but the elements do not affect each other. Who would the winner be? The higher number or the first played card?

well the tourney thread is locked. Let the fun begin.

I think we can only let the fun begin when Sandy is online ( :cry_sad:).

And sometimes when you win, you lose. Beginning to think the QMs are sadists in an unflattering way.

We are.

It's not like you attacked the Wolfgang to try to protect the girl. :laugh:

Plan was to leave the Maw up. Durn Spellspin didn't help... :blush:

Plus Benji has Wolfgang rep and already pledge himself to them. If he sided with the Wolfgang, the fight would have been no in the PCs favor, at all. But then again, that last Spellspin would have decimated those Wolfgang. Oh well...

Edited by UsernameMDM

I have to say I'm pretty excited that Benji has become the first hero to really campaign for the Wolfgang. It gives the Wolfgang a lot more credence all of sudden if one of the heroes of the hall are willing to speak up for them. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have to say I'm pretty excited that Benji has become the first hero to really campaign for the Wolfgang. It gives the Wolfgang a lot more credence all of sudden if one of the heroes of the hall are willing to speak up for them. :thumbup: :thumbup:

He just has a crush on a pretty wolfgang lady :tongue:

Doesn't really matter what the reasoning is behind it (though that's a fantastic one :laugh: ) as soon as one hero starts publicly proclaiming his opinion, I imagine most other heroes will either decide they will permanently dislike the Wolfgang, or start to consider if maybe they might want to take a look at what they actually stand for.

There's nothing wrong with the Wolfgang, well at least Kiray has seen.