Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Speaking of the Embassy, we really could do with entries on Acerpusculum and Selkreeth.

If the respective QMs can help me out on this one, that would be great. :thumbup:

Edited by Scorpiox

I was a little sad when Atramor gave Special Mirror up. I'll never be able to hate him in quite the same way I used to. :laugh: Broke, what, only two final battles?

And I am VERY excited for all the slapstick buddy-buddy comedy I assume is right around the corner in 98. :thumbup:

Solution: next Grogmas, Atramor gains the following:

Mystical Boots of Extreme Witchery - Wearer gains Special Mirror instead of their normal Special Damage roll. Suitable for badass lockpicking companions of demonic chickens (Atramor only). :grin:

Actually, speaking of Grogmas, maybe we can hybridize the two events we've had so far (i.e. items via suggestion so Sandy doesn't have such a workload, but keep the letter-writing and just have the original QMs handle that part), so we can keep the best aspects of both?

I was re-reading Quest #57 and I wondered, whatever happened to the Dark Cloak? Is it still in existence? If so, who has it now?

cloakoftheblueassassin.jpg Dark Cloak (Backwear, SP:1, Max Health +1, Power +1, suitable for rogues and barbarians)

I was re-reading Quest #57 and I wondered, whatever happened to the Dark Cloak? Is it still in existence? If so, who has it now?

Sadly I have no clue :sad:

If you would've read a bit further down, you would have seen it given to Sorrow. In his current quest, Sorrow loaned it to Sorsha, an NPC.

If you would've read a bit further down, you would have seen it given to Sorrow. In his current quest, Sorrow loaned it to Sorsha, an NPC.

I did read further down and saw that Sorrow was given the cloak, but when I checked his latest inventory in #93 I didn't see it there anymore. I didn't know he gave it to Sorsha, however. Thanks for clearing that up :classic:.

Current Weather: The sky is sunny and bright, making light-elemental attacks twice as effective and darkness-elemental attacks half as effective.

An interesting idea, very pokemonesque. I'm surprised we haven't seen it utilized before.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

An interesting idea, very pokemonesque. I'm surprised we haven't seen it utilized before.

Well, we do have environmental gear, like the crown from the Kraken in the Fields of Glory. There was talk about that.

Yeah, I know we've discussed it before, and if memory serves (it often doesn't) I think Sandy was one of the people who called it unnecessarily complex. :laugh: I'm glad to see it implemented, though! :thumbup:

I don't mind the idea, but I don't want it becoming commonplace. Maybe every once and a while's fine, but it makes things too complex. I can understand using it with Babeleth, though, since the place is basically an ether cesspool. :laugh:

Sandy, I believe you forgot to give Lyren a job class, unless that's on purpose. :poke:

Yeah, I know we've discussed it before, and if memory serves (it often doesn't) I think Sandy was one of the people who called it unnecessarily complex. :laugh: I'm glad to see it implemented, though! :thumbup:

It might very well be true that I said so, but I most likely meant it would be too complex to implement as a standard mechanic. However, I wanted to try it out with Quest#100, since it has so many battles outside in varying environments.

I'm not using weather conditions for indoor battles, like the one in Dim Haven, mind you.

Sandy, I believe you forgot to give Lyren a job class, unless that's on purpose. :poke:

Good call, I just accidentally deleted the line from his stats. He's a knight, naturally.

Does your Expert Job Class depend on what you choose for your Advanced Job Class?

No. Just read the section on expert class in the training room to know how to get access to them.

Does your Expert Job Class depend on what you choose for your Advanced Job Class?

Nope, Expert Job classes are dependent upon your reputation with certain in game factions.

No, they are independent from the other types of job classes.

EDIT: Yay for three responses to the same question! :laugh:

But actually, Actaeon, you should use the Rules & FAQ -topic to ask questions related to the mechanics.

Alright, I wasn't sure. I saw that it depended on the reputation, but I wasn't sure if your current job class was a factor as well.

Also, I thought I remember reading somewhere that quests can't start early, but I couldn't find the information. Is this correct, or can it be started early? And does the QM decide who goes on the quest, or is it just the first ones to sign up?

Oh, my bad! I just asked another question here before I saw your comment. I'll be sure to move any further questions to that thread!

It might very well be true that I said so, but I most likely meant it would be too complex to implement as a standard mechanic. However, I wanted to try it out with Quest#100, since it has so many battles outside in varying environments.

I'm not using weather conditions for indoor battles, like the one in Dim Haven, mind you.

As I said, my memory isn't the best either, so we may be discussing something that never happened. :laugh: But yeah, it's exciting to see it being tried out, and I absolutely agree it shouldn't work indoors, or be implemented as standard procedure! The more options we have to pull from, the better, and the more varied battles will be! :thumbup:

Good call, I just accidentally deleted the line from his stats. He's a knight, naturally.

I don't know, maybe you intended it to be a mystery. :laugh: I figured you'd catch it, just wanted to make sure!

Also, I thought I remember reading somewhere that quests can't start early, but I couldn't find the information. Is this correct, or can it be started early? And does the QM decide who goes on the quest, or is it just the first ones to sign up?

The QM decides. Picking the right party is a huge part of hosting a quest - balancing for different levels is challenging, and certain quests may offer better/worse RP for certain players. And there are certain QMs who are fans of certain characters, and certain players who are fans of certain QMs (as has already been pointed out by Pala). :thumbup:

The QM decides. Picking the right party is a huge part of hosting a quest - balancing for different levels is challenging, and certain quests may offer better/worse RP for certain players. And there are certain QMs who are fans of certain characters, and certain players who are fans of certain QMs (as has already been pointed out by Pala). :thumbup:

Alright. I hope I get picked for this upcoming quest :excited:

I, too, like the weather conditions in 102. Did anyone else realize the heroes are in the Realm of the Mad Dog? :grin:

Also, I noticed while reading the rules page that Bleeding, Cursed, and Blessed do not have variable or stacking values like Poisoned does. I don't remember why this is, but shouldn't they mimic that rule as well?

Oh, and is it out of the question to Command Posco to give Hybros all of his gold? :grin:

Oh, and is it out of the question to Command Posco to give Hybros all of his gold? :grin:

Thank God, I attached the Soul Link Chain just in time. :drool: "For us!!! Gollum."

>Bartholomew Docken vs. Rainbow Frog B - Special Damage (Docken enamored with Frog B)

:rofl: Brickdoctor, you've got to roleplay this! :head_back: