I have trouble believing that Garmadon is earnestly helping the ninjas. More likely he's hoping to seize the snake rods for himself.

Perhaps. I originally viewed it as that his son was making an extremely risky situation allying with the snakemen and he wants to help put down that threat to the world. But now that Lloyd is seen to be such a little kid, it could also be a situation where it is Lloyd himself who is in danger by allying with the snakemen, and Garmadon wants his kid returned to him safely. Certainly he's power-hungry enough that I have no doubt he'll eventually (when the opportune moment arrives) betray the ninjas. But I also think that he would not ally with the ninjas unless there truly were some situation as dire for him as it is for the rest of the world.

In any event, what we probably can be certain of is that Lord Garmadon and the snakemen aren't on the best of terms with each other. So if/when Garmadon does betray the ninjas, he will probably be acting independently of any allegiances or acting in allegiance with his son.

I will probably buy the small shrine set and possibly some of the booster packs for parts, i really dont like the vehicles thought... :sadnew:

Does the green snakemobile have 2 2-headed snake warriors, or does the picture just show how it looks with the tail and with legs; and the set comes with both tail and legs but one torso and head? Are the 1x1 round tiles on the staffs printed, or do we have stickers for them?

Does the green snakemobile have 2 2-headed snake warriors, or does the picture just show how it looks with the tail and with legs; and the set comes with both tail and legs but one torso and head? Are the 1x1 round tiles on the staffs printed, or do we have stickers for them?

It's two snake figs. Note that they have slightly different torso prints. And yes, I'm pretty sure the 1x1 tiles will be printed. That's just intuition and what it looks like to me in the pics, of course-- I haven't seen the sets IRL!

Something interesting about his design is that he does not, in fact, use Garmadon's torso. Instead, he has the same purple belt but the "ribcage" is merely painted on his robes. It's actually kind of cute, seeing him trying to look like daddy. :laugh:

Another item of note is that there's a faint green snake symbol "painted" into his robe in the upper right hand corner. So he is clearly allied with the snake men in some sort of way.

Something interesting about his design is that he does not, in fact, use Garmadon's torso. Instead, he has the same purple belt but the "ribcage" is merely painted on his robes.

Oh, I see it now. There's also one less pair of ribs, and the ribs appear whiter.

It is different, but not by much.

The two-headed snakemen don't look that intimidating, I think they looked better in the prelim pictures.

The figures look as if someone's cut one large head into two smaller halves. :tongue:

Will the tail piece be in two pieces? There is a line that is especially visible in the blue snake warrior close up pic from the tread buggy. Is that a separation or just a mold mark?

Now this is the first time I have checked out the new Ninjago sets today and I'm impressed by the new figures...well detailed and we can see TV's inspiration in the vehicles plus the main bad guy....er, kid looks like a spoilt brat to me ! :laugh:

Interesting no buildings except a practise wall....maybe in the second wave.....I can't wait to see what the TV series will look like. :grin:

Keep on spinning ! :laugh:

In the Copter I see the return of the snowshoe piece from Orient Expedition! :wub: Can't wait for these!

In the Copter I see the return of the snowshoe piece from Orient Expedition! :wub: Can't wait for these!

Actually, the return happened this year in the Winter Village Post Office. Not that that makes these unwelcome!

(Orient Expedition... I remember when that piece was new, in ARCTIC. Kids these days... :tongue: )

I look forward to the eventual massive snake headquarters set. Also finding out who the green ninja will be. Off the top of my head, I say it's going to be Zane.

Thoughts?

Nya is the Samurai already.

That doesn't preclude her being the green ninja. The way I see it, she'll disguise herself as "Samurai X" in order to fight alongside the ninjas, since Wu probably won't let her fight until she's had all the training that the four ninjas have. But these sort of secrets are hard to keep forever, so once she's proven her worth in battle, she'll be made a ninja like the others.

That's if she is the green ninja. But the green ninja could also be Lloyd: perhaps he'll be trained under either the snake warriors or Garmadon, and becomes a ninja himself (but still a villain). If the green ninja is the same green as on the boxart, then the green ninja will match the snakemen's vehicles: perhaps this hints at the green ninja's allegiance?

I have been lurking on this thread now for a while, but want to add to the conversation a bit. I am not really into the ninja aspects (only slight interest and that in a more historical way), but I love the series for what it brings - I am a castle guy myself. What I wanted to say that I love about some of the new ninja torsos/legs is that they look a little less pure ninja for me and can really be multipurposed for other stuff like castle more than past ninjas could. Does anybody else agree or have any ideas/thoughts on that? :)

Thanks!

I have been lurking on this thread now for a while, but want to add to the conversation a bit. I am not really into the ninja aspects (only slight interest and that in a more historical way), but I love the series for what it brings - I am a castle guy myself. What I wanted to say that I love about some of the new ninja torsos/legs is that they look a little less pure ninja for me and can really be multipurposed for other stuff like castle more than past ninjas could. Does anybody else agree or have any ideas/thoughts on that? :)

Thanks!

I think they could quite easily be re-used as some form of monk or other such clerical type person, yeah. They do remind me of monks robes, perhaps if you used a different set of legs.The DX torsos not so much. Perhaps in City as a robe for a boxer though.

Edited by Rocketbilly

I find it kind of weird that the samurai is allied with the ninjas seeing as ninjas and samurai were enemies in Japan.

I looked closely at the transforming feature of Cole's Tread Buggy, and it looks like you just turn it upside down and change the cockpit to the other side.

Historical accuracy was never the aim.

I am loving the new torso prints and armour, the headwraps are really clever too. This wave is one I am really looking forward to.

Historical accuracy was never the aim.

You can say that again 'Peppermint', ninja's flying jet fighters ! :laugh:

What's next a new Dojo with flick fire missiles on top of laser cannons....has that Exo-force feel to it eh ? :wink:

I find it kind of weird that the samurai is allied with the ninjas seeing as ninjas and samurai were enemies in Japan.

Wait, what? The Tokugawa shogunate, for example, hired many, many ninjas to guard the shogun's castle. They would disguise themselves as gardeners or servants and work as top secret personal bodyguards.

Maybe the green ninja is Cole? Earth Spinjitzu has been associated with the color green before.

Like I said in the early days of this thread, I don't think it will be Cole. While green does fit in with the earth-elemental-thing, I don't know if Lego would go without an iconic 'Black Ninja'.

It could be Kai, though. He was on the boxart of the 2011 sets, and seems to be the 'main character'. Also, Nya could take his place as the Red Ninja. But that seems a little complicated. :sceptic:

It's probably Nya then, in the summer wave.

Edited by LandShark

Aww look at wittle Lloyd Garmydon!

Although he isn't intimidating at all, he still looks great. I love how is torso has been painted to look like his father's. Has it been confirmed that he's a villan?

Aww look at wittle Lloyd Garmydon!

Although he isn't intimidating at all, he still looks great. I love how is torso has been painted to look like his father's. Has it been confirmed that he's a villan?

The summary we've had of the TV series seems to confirm that he's a villain. It also mentions that the ninjas will ally with Garmadon to try to stop Lloyd and the Snakemen.