Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

I think the height of the slope used as half dress cannot go lower, because then the actual slope would get a little unrealistic angle, or TLG would have to make the base 1.5 studs wide, which wouldn't be very comparitble, I think.

I think the height of the slope used as half dress cannot go lower, because then the actual slope would get a little unrealistic angle, or TLG would have to make the base 1.5 studs wide, which wouldn't be very comparitble, I think.

but why do a slope anymore anyway? I think I'd rather see a molded part, attaching like the mermaid tails and tentacles, with a light ripple to it, hitting the ground with a subtle stud wrapping contour (akin to the glowing castle ghost shroud)

I wouldn't mind a new dress piece, even though I'd prefer the dress to maintain a simple geometry, not like the ghost sheet. After all, minifigure pants and shirts stick to the same blocky shape as the minifigure has without clothing, and fabric clothing like skirts and capes usually have continuous curves and sharp corners, not wavy shapes like the ghost sheet has.

Of course, personally I interpret the "extra height" of female minifigures in dresses like this.

but why do a slope anymore anyway? I think I'd rather see a molded part, attaching like the mermaid tails and tentacles, with a light ripple to it, hitting the ground with a subtle stud wrapping contour (akin to the glowing castle ghost shroud)

I feel like that would be too specific - after all, all of the pieces you just mentioned are single-use molds. There are endless varieties of shapes and styles of dresses, and I think they can be better represented with the simplest possible shape. By leaving more to the imagination, the slope piece can suggest a wider range of dress styles, and like Aanchir noted, the blocky shape is more in keeping with the conventions of other basic minifigure parts.

I think they can be better represented with the simplest possible shape. By leaving more to the imagination, the slope piece can suggest a wider range of dress styles

Of course :blush:

I forgot we've got witches and royalty and everything in between.

What would be cool is a double-sided slope for minifigure skirts, the same height as minifigure legs.

Wow, I honestly thought that there wasn't going to be a Series 6! But apparently so!

I saw some pictures of these a while ago but I wasn't sure if they were legit or not...

:sweet:

Wow, I honestly thought that there wasn't going to be a Series 6!

...why? why would you think something like that?

Edit: I meant, do you have some information that I do not?

Edited by Angeli

He means he used to think so but is now convinced otherwise.

thank you. I meant "why you used to think that, etc" :)

Why not? If it wasn't for the stuff leaked at that Chinese plant, we would really have no information about them and we are in late August already.

Why not? If it wasn't for the stuff leaked at that Chinese plant, we would really have no information about them and we are in late August already.

Wasn't already a solid based rumour for series 6 7 8 hence brickipedia putting them on release in 2012?

BTW last year Klaus-Dieter provided us description of the incoming series 3 minifigs, but no pictures were leaked until late september, am I right?

I had read a topic a while back where some people were saying that they thought that there would be no series 6, because of various reasons. But I have no problem with Series 6 on! :sweet:

Wasn't already a solid based rumour for series 6 7 8 hence brickipedia putting them on release in 2012?

BTW last year Klaus-Dieter provided us description of the incoming series 3 minifigs, but no pictures were leaked until late september, am I right?

I really don't trust Brickipedia, it is a pretty unreliable source of information.

The leakage of pictures last year is irrelevant, especially if there are no more series :tongue:

My question is: Why have only 10 or so figures been leaked, and not more?

I really don't trust Brickipedia, it is a pretty unreliable source of information.

The stuff on Brickipedia was based on a post on FBTB which at the same time was based on an interview on Brickjournal, so it was reliable still. I know trusting the Wikis is not the best way to go often, but they do point towards good sources of info that you can trust.

I know these pictures have probably been posted before (I didn't have the energy to trawl the 20+ pages of this thread..) but here's a link to ten of the new figures. I'm going to New York next year, so I'm gonna have to get a Statue of Liberty.

Series 6 Minifigures Pictures Leaked

Edited by Roger Rabbit

Anyone read the shop at home description for Series 5?

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series 5, you can grow your LEGO® minifigure collection instantly! Which one will you get when you open the mystery bag? Each minifigure comes in a sealed mystery bag, so you never know which minifigure you might get. Each character has its own special accessories, display plate and collector’s leaflet. Inspired by movies, sports, history and just everyday life, this collection includes: Fitness Instructor, Flamenco Dancer, Lizard Man, Lumberjack Gladiator, Small Clown, Egyptian Queen, Evil Dwarf, Boxer, Ice Fisherman, Jungle Boy, Graduate, Royal Guard, Cave Woman, Detective, and Gangster! Collect all 16

Maybe a hint at 2 of series 6 figures? Falmenco Dancer, and jungle boy

Edited by dark1san

With 16 all-new, special minifigures in Series 5, you can grow your LEGO® minifigure collection instantly! Which one will you get when you open the mystery bag? Each minifigure comes in a sealed mystery bag, so you never know which minifigure you might get. Each character has its own special accessories, display plate and collector’s leaflet. Inspired by movies, sports, history and just everyday life, this collection includes: Fitness Instructor, Flamenco Dancer, Lizard Man, Lumberjack Gladiator, Small Clown, Egyptian Queen, Evil Dwarf, Boxer, Ice Fisherman, Jungle Boy, Graduate, Royal Guard, Cave Woman, Detective, and Gangster! Collect all 16

That is strange indeed... Unless somebody is clueless enough to think that the Zookeeper is a Flamenco Dancer, and the snowboarder is a jungle boy!!! :laugh:

That is strange indeed... Unless somebody is clueless enough to think that the Zookeeper is a Flamenco Dancer, and the snowboarder is a jungle boy!!! :laugh:

If you swap them around, I suppose someone could accidentally mix up 'boy' and 'girl' and call the Zoo Keeper the Jungle Boy.

But then the Snowboarder would be the Flamenco Dancer, and no way someone is that clueless. :tongue:

Wow haha! good observation there! If these are right, then there are 4 more figures to go.

It looks like the description for series 5 is not consistent between the Lego products and S@H page. http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Bios/Default.aspx vs. http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Minifigures-Series-5-8805

I think it would be cool to see a Flamenco Dancer, not sure about a Jungle Boy. I guess we should be seeing some official pictures in the near future.

I would take a Matador over a Flamenco Dancer, but either would work. Would the Jungle Boy look very similar to the Caveman? Let's wait and see! The waiting is already getting frustrating.

Wonder if the Jungle boy might look a little like one of my designs.

Lord of the Jungle

I hope so. It should be different from the caveman and sounds like a Tarzan character than a stone age person. It would be nice to have another bare torso but hopefully not with bright orange colour like the Series 2 surfer as this was ruined by the overly bright orange lines rather than subtle brown lines.

I've been meaning to comment on your designs for some time now, Brickhead. I think it's a pity the Series 6 butcher doesn't look more like your design as I don't like the Lego face or bow tie on the torso. Hopefully they will make your patient, mother, fishmonger, Versailles lady, carpenter, old diver, cyclops, South American, convict, golfer, cricketer and Fu Manchu figures too! I note you haven't expanded on these for some time so it would be great to see more ideas in picture form as they are great (perhaps a little red riding hood, a nun, hairdresser, brass band and hotel bell boy)!

The news about the flamenco dancer is also interesting, as I like the figures representing nationalities and still lots of possibilities for more of these. If the robot torso that was on the alien is another Series 6 figure then that leaves only three remaining. I'm guessing one will be a sports figure. I'd love to see a nun and more musicians.