Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 6 Discussion

I think you might be one of the only people to use the bump codes!! Feeling is much faster than trying to figure out the bump codes, especially with variances in batch numbers.

Once you figure out the accessories to feel for, you can eliminate things pretty quickly when working through a box going by feel.

Yes sadly I too gave up the bump code method on Series 3 after a few seconds. :blush:

I did the feeling method and came out with three Opera singers....opps! I think my feeling techniques aren't very good. I did get a genie and a robber so that's good I suppose!

Finally found a full selection at a TRU near my parents' house in Pennsylvania. Got a Genie, Legionnaire, Minotaur, Leprechaun, Butcher, Sleepy Kid, and Bandit. I'll pick up the others when they're more widespread, and maybe later return some with this TRU receipt to save a few bucks :S

Series 6 finally hit VA! I used a $17 TRU credit and $6 in rewards to mostly pay for two Statue of Liberties, a Genie, Surgeon, Leprechaun, Alien, Pajama Kid, and Robot. I love them all! I just wish $4 of my rewards hadn't been eaten up by the infamous TRU tax. :hmpf_bad: Ah well, only paying ~$5 for 8 new minifigures still isn't bad!

I did the feeling method and came out with three Opera singers...

You do understand that the feeling method is only good for actual existing minifigures in the respective series, right? :tongue:

You do understand that the feeling method is only good for actual existing minifigures in the respective series, right? :tongue:

I think he means the Flamenco Dancers. :tongue:

For those of you who do not live near a LEGO brand store, where do you buy your sealed boxes? I would love to just buy a box and be done with it but don't have a source (besides bricklink, of course).

TIA

For those of you who do not live near a LEGO brand store, where do you buy your sealed boxes? I would love to just buy a box and be done with it but don't have a source (besides bricklink, of course).

The cheapest place to get a box would be from Bricklink (the European sellers). Just make sure to ask them about the cost of shipping to the USA. Good luck!

Home Run Finally! (For you non-baseball folks, that means that I scored whatever!)

Last night I spent an hour at our Lego Store feeling bags without much luck. Finally purchased 5 figures, borrowed their scissors and cut tops off the bags. Got two that I needed, and sold the others to folks feeling bags!!!

Then got smart and saw a family from Mexico with three sons 8-12 who had small, sensitive fingers and a great sense of touch. Told them what I needed, showed the bag insert, and they found them for me! Some people (moi duh!) just lack the touch and/or have fingers that are too large to feel the differences.

Finally got my genie, sleepyhead, surgeon and butcher....after buying 24 of the little suckers! So if you are having problems identifying these #$^*(*&^$$^*^%$# things, hire a kid standing around and give em a figure for their work!

Am I literally the only one who just noticed the Intergalactic Girl's arms are darker than her body?

-Sci

Am I literally the only one who just noticed the Intergalactic Girl's arms are darker than her body?

-Sci

That's Chinese plastic for ya. :hmpf_bad:

Nope

Um, what? They are completely different colours on purpose. :wacko: There is nothing wrong with these minifigs.

Nope

Um, what? They are completely different colours on purpose. :wacko: There is nothing wrong with these minifigs.

pic31BD9FAA48BA25C335D4DA8425BA06AD.jpg

Indeed. That is unless Lego includes a 'chinese plastic' factor into their cgi. :hmpf::look:

Oops! :blush: :blush: I don't have the 'fig, but have just seen pics, so I didn't realize it was supposed to be that way. :blush:

I think you might be one of the only people to use the bump codes!! Feeling is much faster than trying to figure out the bump codes, especially with variances in batch numbers.

Once you figure out the accessories to feel for, you can eliminate things pretty quickly when working through a box going by feel.

IMHO the dots on the back of the package are by far the fastest way to find what you want. You do have to have good lighting and good eyesight for this to work. The key is to do your own groundwork and don't rely on dot codes off of the internet.

On my first visit for CMF series 6 I went and spent 1.5 hours at 1 LEGO store. I go through by feel and find one of each of the 16 different figures. When I find a fig I write its name on the package and highlight the bumps with a Sharpee. To speed up the process, I compare bump patterns to the ones I've already confirmed. I don't need to feel any that have matching bump patterns. Once you have all 16, you go through the remaining packages and find the ones with matching bumps that you want multiples of.

My first trip I scored 21 highlanders, 15 minotaurs, and 11 romans plus one of every other type with 0 mistakes made. I then take the 16 packages with the dots and names. I punch a hole in them and carry them on a keyring with me to the store. This way each trip after the 1st is really quick and I can also help other people find what they want. Unfortunately some packages do not have the bumps very prominantly on them. Those I have to resort to feeling and it takes way longer. Any package you can see the bumps on takes only a couple of seconds to identify.

I have been to two other LEGO stores here in Chicagoland and the bumps are exactly the same. I went through about 4 cases of figs at one store in about 30 minutes while chatting and being distracted. Unfortunately the figs were picked through so fewer minotaurs, romans, and highlanders but I added to my totals.

It is time consuming the first time you inspect the collectables but if you are looking for a lot of certain minis it is well worth your time on subsequent visits to LEGO stores. I just wish I could find CMFs in other stores here in Chicago. It seems like target and walmart never seem to get them here.

Edited by DaleDVM

Has anyone found any of these at a Walmart yet?

I was at one on Saturday and they didn't have any, but they did have six boxes of S5. I think some Walmarts have S6 in the back, but are waiting to get rid of S5 before they put them on the floor.

I was at one on Saturday and they didn't have any, but they did have six boxes of S5. I think some Walmarts have S6 in the back, but are waiting to get rid of S5 before they put them on the floor.

That would make sense. Every Wal-mart around here has TONS of series 5 still and no sign of series 6. Granted, TRU and Target and Shopko do not have any series 6 either, so maybe they just haven't reached this part of the country yet.

Too bad I didn't want lots of extras of series 5, I'd be swimming in them.

Found them here in New Orleans today at TRU :sweet:

I gotta say, these were the easiest to feel for, my girlfriend and I found the 12 we wanted without any problem, the accessories are easily identified. We don't have a lot of western in our collection but we picked up the cowboy anyway and I've got to say, he really is detailed and looks amazing. Good job TLG!!!

Edited by sedna1000

Found them here in New Orleans today at TRU :sweet:

I gotta say, these were the easiest to feel for, my girlfriend and I found the 12 we wanted without any problem, the accessories are easily identified. We don't have a lot of western in our collection but we picked up the cowboy anyway and I've got to say, he really is detailed and looks amazing. Good job TLG!!!

The complaint at our local LEGO store was that the Flamenco Dancer and Statue of Liberty were hard to tell apart. It's the fact that both have the same slope for legs, whereas in the past if you found that big slope you knew you had the one female in the set with it. It really does not seem to be that much of a problem though - just feel for the statue's torch or the dancer's fan.

Local Walmart put out five boxes of S5... not expecting to see S6 there for quite a while now.

I bumped into these today at my local Walmart. Managed to find everything aside from the Centurion and Lady Liberty. I quickly popped into an Indigo bookstore and was lucky enough to find the last two for completion of the set. Now that I have them I can say I really like the clockwork robot and the mechanic. Lego put together one of the strongest series yet with this one. Really good selection of characters. Now to find some more centurions and and robots for some army building. :tongue: