XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Towards the end of this video, you can see the roof of Jabba's Palace. Not much, but whatever! :tongue:

I spy a big ugly flick-fire launcher...

No surprise there. If I get this set, it's going to be for the minifigs. I don't really expect another 8038.

It kind of saddens me that LEGO refuses to ignore even glaring issues now. I'm with a Gungun Sub breaking in three, because that's not asthetically obvious, but this? default_thumbdown.gif

It kind of saddens me that LEGO refuses to ignore even glaring issues now.

Eh, it's nothing new.

I wonder if that plate at the far right is supposed to move.

Edited by Fallenangel

Eh, it's nothing new.

I wonder if that plate at the far right is supposed to move.

To be frank, I never noticed the X-Wing hexagon until you mentioned it here default_blush.gif

Edited by The Legonater

To be frank, I never noticed the X-Wing hexagon until you mentioned it here default_blush.gif

He never mentioned it before, really :tongue:.

Towards the end of this video, you can see the roof of Jabba's Palace. Not much, but whatever! :tongue:

Is it that they are only allowed to film those things, or could they have done the rest as well?

Now we still haven't seen many new things, and worst of all they decided not to show anything of LOTR at all..

Any chance that we could see some more pictures from people, or perhaps videos, before the ToyFair ends, or are only appointed people allowed to do that?

Out of the 2012 SW sets, I'm mostly interested in seeing the Fury Class interceptor, but especially Darth Malgus.

~ General Magma

He never mentioned it before, really default_tong.gif.

No, I meant I never noticed the original X-Wing had a hexagon until he mentioned it on the site. Whenever that was default_laugh_new.gif

On X-Wing from Planet Set Series 2, does anybody knows who is the pilot?

Welcome back.

It's a generic pilot, as his helmet sports blue crests.

The name is Garven Dreis, by the way. One should always respect Red Leader; his X-wing survived the Battle of Yavin - even though he didn't. :laugh:

No, I meant I never noticed the original X-Wing had a hexagon until he mentioned it on the site. Whenever that was default_laugh_new.gif

April of 2010.

Edited by Fallenangel

It's not that disfigured in comparison to the Venator set or the CR-90, which both had exterior aesthetics sacrificed for interior playability.

Well, Lego has to find an optimum between shape, number of tiles, and playability. When the playability (which implies design of the interior) and the number of tiles are given, the shape is a resultant.

I am not 100% sure but when I compare the picture that I have seen with the Malevolence in my signature picture there's barely any resemblance and the distortion is huge, especially the back half of the ship. But as I said more pictures may prove me wrong (fingers crossed).

Hmm, interesting.

The Malevolence looks nicer now. And yay, they fixed the Republic Striker at last! :classic:

I wonder what the Gungan Sub and the Fury will look like.

Looking at the roof of the palace, that does give us a fairly good indication of the set size. It appears that the largest circle is made up of the old UFO quarters appearing in Dark Tan. With the exception of the flick fire missile, it actually looks pretty good. Could it be better? Definitely. At least it's a start?

Well, the New picture is interesting...

I had no Plans to get the Republic Stricker before but now, I'm Positive I wouldn't get it, its just to blocky with to many colors, if it ran for 24.99$ I would possibly check it out but, I have a good feeling there going to charge at least 40$ for it so, No way this is on my summer list.

As for the Malvolence it looks great, looks smooth and strong aswell big and includes a new Padme so, this is on my summer list.

Can't wait to see more pictures next week!

Not posted on EB for a while, but saw the pics of the Rebuplic Starfighter from SWTOR, and had to comment.

Really looking forward to the SWTOR set, more than any OT or PT stuff tbh. Love that T7-01 is in there (being one of my Jedi Knight's companion characters), and Satele Shan looks good also.

I'm wondering if the Republic Trooper is in fact Colonel Jace Malcolm (Colonel in current SWTOR timeline), featured in the 'Hope' cinematic trailer?

Also looking forward to Darth Malgus!

Hi,

At the Moment I am at Nuremberg ToyFair.

Just a Short Information:

Saessee Tiins Fighter: 39,99 EUR

Jabbas Palace: 139,99 EUR

Malevolence: 119,99 EUR

Desert Skiff: 29,99 EUR

Gungan Sub: 69,99 EUR

fury: 99,99 EUR

Republic Striker: 49,99 EUR

Advent calendar: 29,99 EUR

The minifigs are all ABSOLUTELY stunning!! Perfect in every Single Detail!

10 minifigs in jabbas Palace, no zuckuss or jee-yees.

Queen Amidala is perfectly done. Jabba can move bis Head, he is made of two New molds.

Every minifigure is perfectly printed. Darth Malgus and his Pilots are marvelous!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to Take any pictures.

Greetings Hendrik

I have a copy of the instructions to the Malevolence but never got around to making her. I'd love to see a side by side comparison between the old one and the 2012 edition.

Wait, how do you get the instructions for her? I wouldn't mind building that :wub:

Hi,

Put your eye cameras in :grin:.

I presume the Fury is 49 euros not 99?

Queen Amidala is perfectly done. Jabba can move bis Head, he is made of two New molds.

Every minifigure is perfectly printed. Darth Malgus and his Pilots are marvelous!

When will they quit leading us on and give us Zuckuss and 4-Lom :angry:

Could you tell us who the 10 figures actually are then? 130 Euros... I hope that translates closer to $100 than $150.

Thanks for the update!

When will they quit leading us on and give us Zuckuss and 4-Lom :angry:

Could you tell us who the 10 figures actually are then? 130 Euros... I hope that translates closer to $100 than $150.

Thanks for the update!

The dark red Starfighter from the New Game: 49,99

The Black One with Malgus: 99,99

The minifigures are:

Jabba

Han Solo

Boushh

Gamorrean guard

Chewbecca

Oola

Sar? Scrumb

Bib Fortuna

Spider-like droid(e9?)

The dark red Starfighter from the New Game: 49,99

The Black One with Malgus: 99,99

Bloody typical, the only ship from the next wave I want it's £100 :hmpf_bad:.

Hi,

Saessee Tiins Fighter: 39,99 EUR

Jabbas Palace: 139,99 EUR

Malevolence: 119,99 EUR

Desert Skiff: 29,99 EUR

Gungan Sub: 69,99 EUR

fury: 99,99 EUR

Republic Striker: 49,99 EUR

Advent calendar: 29,99 EUR

Unfortunately I wasn't able to Take any pictures.

Greetings Hendrik

Hi Hendrik, thanks for the information :)

Can you tell us whether the Droid Commander in set 9515 (Malevolence) is a new one or one of old Commanders?

The roof to Jabba's Palace looks epic; much better than the last version. The flick-fire missile launcher is hardly obtrusive, and the parts sticking out are just some Technic parts that could easily be removed at no cost at all. Can't wait to see the rest of Jabba's Palace, as it's one of the sets I'm most looking forward to. Even if I don't tend to buy Star Wars sets, I had the old Jabba's Palace and it will be wonderful seeing how TLG can improve on the concept so many years later.

Edited by Aanchir