XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

Same here. Jabba's Palace is looking great, but the rest aren't looking like anything too special. I kind of like that TIE-looking vessel, but I feel like it will be pricey. :sceptic:

I'm only going for the Palace. I missed out on the first two Jabba sets, and I won't miss out on this one! (Just gotta raise the money....somehow...)

Edit: wait, Boba Fett with leg printing? Wow. I know he's in the scene, but I think including Boba in the Skiff is a little overkill...

A little overkill, perhaps - although overkill is putting him in the Hoth game!...But, I am excited about finally getting a chance to get an affordable printed Boba.

It looks like Jabba's Palace & the Cloud Car will be on my shopping list this year, although I hope the former won't be too pricey.

it's great that Lobot has been confirmed; perhaps he's a prelude to a new Cloud City! :wub:

Edit: wait, Boba Fett with leg printing? Wow. I know he's in the scene, but I think including Boba in the Skiff is a little overkill...

A little overkill, perhaps - although overkill is putting him in the Hoth game!...But, I am excited about finally getting a chance to get an affordable printed Boba.

I don't think it is overkill. He was in that scene, the last Boba was released a few years ago (Slave I), and he can be reused as a generic Mando in MOCs.

Edited by Legoman273

I haven't seen the Series 2 Planet set descriptions here yet, so here they are:

First up, we had 9677 X-Wing Starrighter & Yavin 4 … which seemed almost identical to the X-Wing we got in the 30051 polybag, although the nose uses a Slope 45 2 x 1 with 2/3 Cutout piece.

Then I saw 9678 Twin-Pod Cloud Car & Bespin … which is orange, not red, like we may have expected. The Lobot figure features new printing on the head and torso.

And finally, we have 9679 AT-ST & Endor … which is a new build and once again features the printed flag piece showing the detail of the cockpit, like we last saw in set 4486.

All were listed for an August release at the same price as Series 1.

It looks like Jabba's Palace & the Cloud Car will be on my shopping list this year, although I hope the former won't be too pricey.

Reports are that the Palace is £119.99, so that likely fits your definition of pricey.

As for Cloud City, I sure hope so. Time to discontinue the Death Star and build this already.

Reports are that the Palace is £119.99, so that likely fits your definition of pricey.

As for Cloud City, I sure hope so. Time to discontinue the Death Star and build this already.

A Death Star-style Cloud City set would be awsome!

I think TLG will make a CC set sometime soon (wether it is good or not (Echo Base v.s. Battle or Endor) is up for debate).

It would be very popular, even if it were not very good, as it would have many exclusive Minifigs.

I agree as well. It's time to send out the Death Star and bring on a new "Ultimate" playset. Perhaps Lego can give everyone a 6 months notice, and then pull production on 10188 in July. That was everyone who wants one can stop procrastinating and get one. :tongue:

Jabba's Palace was the first scene of any Star Wars film that I've ever seen so i'll probably end up getting Jabba's Palace and Skiff (for minifigs). Plus I have old one hence I must compare.

I heard the minifigs for the Old Republic sets are done in the Clone Wars style? Is this right? If so I'm going to be disappointed.

I heard the minifigs for the Old Republic sets are done in the Clone Wars style? Is this right? If so I'm going to be disappointed.

I highly doubt that this is true. There's no reason for it t be. The game aesthetic is far more realistic than The Clone Wars.

where is the picture of Boba with leg printing?

That would be nice as would arm printing and a green cape. That would for sure make him different from the Slave 1 version.

source?

source?

I asked on FBTB

metalface13 wrote: Are the minifigs in the Old Republic set done in the Clone Wars style?

bigospedroswrote: Yes, they are clone wars style ... not sure about the ones in 9500, didn't look under the helmets

Maybe he wasn't clear on my question though.

Well, we have only had one Star Wars-themed game so far, and it looks like it might be a one-off. I'm not sure how many people collect microfigures, but so far there's only one set for Star Wars ones.

where is the picture of Boba with leg printing?

That would be nice as would arm printing and a green cape. That would for sure make him different from the Slave 1 version.

If you thought the last Boba Fett fig we got was good … this is even better, with leg printing certainly, as possibly arm prints too. A different coloured cape as well.

There isn't an image, but according to this, he's different.

The only problem I have with leg printing (in Star Wars) is the lack of consistency. This is especially noticeable with Clones and Stormtroopers.

The only problem I have with leg printing (in Star Wars) is the lack of consistency. This is especially noticeable with Clones and Stormtroopers.

I agree! it annoys me greaty how standard clones don't have printed details on the legs, but some of the more "special" ones do. Stormtroopers too, though it's less annoying with them since LEGO has only ever released plain stormie and sandtroopers - still, compare the current stormtrooper to the sandtrooper and it's obvious the normal stormie should have the leg printing too. It seems TLG only print details on legs if they're going to have some other details too, like painted markings or the sand weathering.

Edited by Rocketbilly

like painted markings or the sand weathering.

Right. What I wouldn't give for getting printed stormie legs all the time... :wub: The more printed legs, the better. Plus, how many people out there want a 2003 Boba with printing? A lot, right. Well, here's your chance to get one!

I partially agree on that. Currently, Lego adds leg printing to Clones and Stormtroopers if a second colour is added (Wolffe, Gree, Horn Company Trooper, Sandtroopers etc.) I did not understand, however, why leg printing wasn't added to Rex and Cody in the recent sets, and that's the part where I have to agree that an inconsistency exists.

Edited by Brickadeer

I partially agree on that. Currently, Lego adds leg printing to Clones and Stormtroopers if a second colour is added (Wolffe, Gree, Horn Company Trooper, Sandtroopers etc.) I did not understand, however, why leg printing wasn't added to Rex and Cody in the recent sets, and that's the part where I have to agree that an inconsistency exists.

I think he meant some were inconsistent as in some were printed off on the side, but you also have a good point.

I wouldn't mind leg printing on the Boba Fett we're getting.

Isn't it the newest one since Boba Cloud City?

Yep. That is probably why it will sell so well.

Isn't the Cloud City Fett the Only one to have leg and arm printing besides this suspected new one? Also where has someone seen print on the new one?

I asked on FBTB

[brickset quote *snip*]

Maybe he wasn't clear on my question though.

Alright, if it's true that they're in CW style, all my LEGO money for this year can safely go to LOTR.

I still really hope that they're not doing it that way, as I would be disappointed nonetheless. Only a few more weeks til we can see some pictures of 'em.

~ General Magma