KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I got lucky browsing ebay last weekend during a very slow night shift (the perks of working from home) and found a nearby seller with some good deals: while we wait for the AT-TE to come my separatist army grew with the addition of 7748 Tank Droid, 75040 Wheelbike and 75085 Hailfire Droid, all complete with minfigs.
Also my friends gifted me the 75329 Trench Run diorama for my birthday, which I wasn't thinking of getting but am now looking forward to build :)

Today i went to town and finally picked up 9674 Naboo Starfighter and 75006 Jedi Starfighter & Kamino from the Planet Series. I have seen them on shelves since i left my dark ages and they must have been there for 8 or 9 years or so. I never had much interest in the planets but maybe i can use them for mocsĀ :shrug_oh_well: They have some more (although not the most desirable ones) and next year i go again and buy the Asteroid Field & Tie Bomber :iamded_lol:

48 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Today i went to town and finally picked up 9674 Naboo Starfighter and 75006 Jedi Starfighter & Kamino from the Planet Series. I have seen them on shelves since i left my dark ages and they must have been there for 8 or 9 years or so. I never had much interest in the planets but maybe i can use them for mocsĀ :shrug_oh_well: They have some more (although not the most desirable ones) and next year i go again and buy the Asteroid Field & Tie Bomber :iamded_lol:

If they have death star, you totally have to get it. The lower half of the planet alone sells more than the set itself did! (I believe this is because it's being used as an engine in some of the famous ISD mocs)

32 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

If they have death star, you totally have to get it. The lower half of the planet alone sells more than the set itself did! (I believe this is because it's being used as an engine in some of the famous ISD mocs)

It's one of those old fashioned toy stores, crammed with a lot of stuff. They have Naboo, both Endor, Kamino and one Asteroid Field, one Alderaan. Mabye one Hoth or Yavin IV, i already forgot. Altogether around a dozen planet sets.

Last year they also had one Bespin, but unfortunately it was gone when i was there today.

Finally got the Mos Eisley Cantina for Double VIP today. I believe itā€™s my biggest Star Wars set now, excluding the Sith Art set.

I also lucked out and got a third of the Forest Hideout promo because my Lego Store still had some.

I've still got some second hand purchases coming in with minifigs, mostly imperial.

And last Saturday I got 75320 Snowtrooper battle pack on a good discount. On top of that, last week a friend got his hands on two 40558 Phase I clone battle packs for meĀ (sold out within the hour of course).

I have recently picked up the Darth Vader meditation chamber during double points the other week. Decided to hold off a bit longer on grabbing R2D2 and Mos Eisley cantina and buy the Ferrari Daytona technic set before the price increase takes affect in a couple months also getting double points Ā 

Ordered three clone command blister packs this week after they came back in stock in US. Ā 

Ā 

I picked up mos eisley cantina double vip points this morning. Also ordered brickheadz Mandalorian and Child while 25% off at Target. Did the same on international space station at Target before it got discontinued while 25%off to complete my space collection I wanted.Ā 
Ā 

Ordered the Dark trooper helmet from Lego at 20% off Tuesday. Ordered R2D2 today while on double points to grab it before the august price increase as well. 20% price increase is ridiculous.Ā 
Ā 

I am trying to get as many sets ahead of the increase as possible. I made the wife aware. Lol. I will have to avoid buying anything else for a while.Ā 

Edited by Bbafett

Finally getting a UCS Millennium this Saturday.Ā 

Anyone know the dimensions of the landing gear locations? Trying to figure out placement, and I may need it to overhang a bit. Just need to know the size of where the landing struts are.Ā 

This isnā€™t exact bc I am not getting mine down off its vertical stand. However from the sides it is around 5-7 inches from the edge of the ship. From the back it is around 4-6 inches. From the front it is closer to 10 inches. If you have the vertical space I would recommend a vertical display stand. Either acrylic or brick built.Ā 
Ā 

I got Jerac's X-wing instructions, now I'm fiddling with it to make a Red Three screen-accurate model. Well worth the money for the Instructions. There's some clever parts usage although not having bought sets in a while I'm spending a bit on Bricklink now! So many new parts I didn't even know had been released.

I got the Republic Fighter Tank, with a good discount . My first clone minifigs :excited:! It is a big vehicle, lots of brick pieces.Ā I liked the set. But my main goal is to use the pieces and the figsĀ for my own gunship MOC.

I got a couple figures from Bricklink.

From Rebels, I finally got Kanan (not the blind version or the black haired version), Chopper and Hera Syndulla. The latter figure seems to have gone up in price since that footage came out of her in the live-action Ahsoka series.

I also threw in the most recent Hoth Han Solo figure as thatā€™s a variant I didnā€™t have and I donā€™t have a lot of OT Han figures.

The last three sets that I got were a MISB 75204 Sandspeeder, the 7672 Rogue ShadowĀ and an incomplete (and therefore dirt cheap) 7674 Torrent, which I bought the missing parts for and assembled it together with my wife.

I'm also assembling my own Lego advent calendar this year because I find the upcoming SW one disappointing and I bought some things to fill it, among which were figures of Ahsoka and baby Yoda and a 912170 mini V-Wing. I'm having a lot of fun assembling it all.

Also several parts to add to incomplete minifigs, like two deathtrooper helmets, and parts for two incomplete 7140 X-wings I bought. Filling the gaps in the sets and minifigs that I own.

Pre-ordered the AT-TE and Kenobi's Starfighter from JB Spielwaren. It seems that there's a bit of a delay on the AT-TE so will get it a bit later, but I don't mind so much. Unbelievably paying to have these shipped over from Germany still works out cheaper than just buying them in Finland - the AT-TE is more expensive than the Justifier here and some other places. So much for LEGO's consistent pricing!

Also got some lights from Game of Bricks for some of my SW MOCs. Has anyone here had any experience with these?

Yesterday I got three stormtroopers and two imperial shock troopers in the mail. Quite impressive since they were shipped domestically over a month ago.

18 hours ago, Big_Daddy said:

Yesterday I got three stormtroopers and two imperial shock troopers in the mail. Quite impressive since they were shipped domestically over a month ago.

doemstically? One month? Must be SLOWenia...

I picked up two of the Lego Star Wars magazines when buying groceries at the supermarket. The Mandalorian Loyalist is a nice minifig and it even comes fully equiped with 2 blasters and a jetpack. They had 10 of these magazines and maybe i go again in a week or two and see if there is something left :laugh:

Ā 

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I picked up two of the Lego Star Wars magazines when buying groceries at the supermarket. The Mandalorian Loyalist is a nice minifig and it even comes fully equiped with 2 blasters and a jetpack. They had 10 of these magazines and maybe i go again in a week or two and see if there is something left :laugh:

Lucky, here in Italy July issue has Darth Maul, so they're a bit behind comparing schedules, but I noticed they started "skipping" issues since it became a bimonthly publication after Covid.

In other news, this is day 215 of the Clone Pack being out of stock on S@H IT since I started checking daily, and no it's not a case of it coming back and selling out in 30 minutes because otherwise I would have gotten an email notification of it being back in stock. I'm definitely losing hope of getting one and really hope they revert to more "classic" BPs or make future accessory packs more available.

Edited by Per_SW

On 7/30/2022 at 9:36 AM, Mr Ogel said:

doemstically? One month? Must be SLOWenia...

No, Germany actually. I was also waiting for a shipment of three minifigures for almost the same time. The seller sent new figures by the way, but not exactly the ones I ordered (two older versions of snowtroopers and a stormtrooper with a Rebels helmet for some reason). Still, very nice of him. It gets worse though, I bought a 75311 Marauder without minifigs which was shipped at the end of May which was returned to sender last week. They were all from different parts of Germany so I don't know what is going on lately.

After finding out thatĀ the price of the UCS Lukeā€™s Landspeeder is going up 20% after today, I bit the bullet and ordered.

I wasnā€™t planning on getting this one anytime soon (was hoping it would either go on saleĀ or Iā€™d use banked VIP points), but I felt backed into a corner with the whopping price increase imminent.Ā :sceptic: