KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

Last week I went into a local store and they had The Ghost 75053 on the shelf... Went up to pay and the guy said it had a red dot sticker on it... Which meant it was on sale with an additional clearance of 50% off...

So I grabbed it for $35 and marched out with a smug look on my face! :grin:

2 hours ago, thorin said:

Last week I went into a local store and they had The Ghost 75053 on the shelf... Went up to pay and the guy said it had a red dot sticker on it... Which meant it was on sale with an additional clearance of 50% off...

So I grabbed it for $35 and marched out with a smug look on my face! :grin:

Best price I've heard, besides free lol

The AT-ST but my next purchase will be some little grey tiles to replace the blue ones. :'( Something about having the little blue tiles on an almost entirely grey model unsettles me. 

Vader's Tie Advanced vs A-Wing.

Saw it on sale for 50 USD, decided to buy it. Now I don't need to buy Vader's Transformation set on summer.

Edited by Dharkan

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 1:18 AM, Juke said:

Best price I've heard, besides free lol

The only downside is that I wasn't collecting Rebels sets... I only collected movie-based sets.

Now I've opened a whole new Pandora's box. :look:

Edited by thorin

4 hours ago, thorin said:

The only downside is that I wasn't collecting Rebels sets... I only collected movie-based sets.

Now I've opened a whole new Pandora's box. :look:

Lol I went through the same phase. I orginally bought the 75105 millennium falcon in 2015 and said that was it. Then my wife bought me a bunch of sets for Christmas, the Ghost being one them. Now I'm hooked and buy every set that comes :sceptic:

I was lucky to find a MISB 10227 B-Wing locally for just a few dollars over MSRP.  I wasn't specifically looking for one, but just couldn't pass it up. I'm really surprised this set was only out for 1 year.

Edited by eliminator

A Grand Moff Tarkin figure. Very excited, that's my favorite character from the OT and the figure from the new Death Star UCS isnt easy to find at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

A Grand Moff Tarkin figure. Very excited, that's my favorite character from the OT and the figure from the new Death Star UCS isnt easy to find at the moment. 

He's in the A-wing vs. Tie Fighter set, isn't he?

On 1/7/2017 at 5:00 AM, Dharkan said:

Vader's Tie Advanced vs A-Wing.

Saw it on sale for 50 USD, decided to buy it. Now I don't need to buy Vader's Transformation set on summer.

No, the Rebels Vader and OT Vader have different prints. But if you aren't fussy like me then it's ok I guess :laugh:

15 hours ago, quark12000 said:

He's in the A-wing vs. Tie Fighter set, isn't he?

He is but that Tarkin has a dark tan uniform and dark blue grey hair. The one I got is the one from the most recent Death Star with the updated dark blue grey uniform and light blue grey hair. 

Bought both of the Rogue One battlepacks last week and the Carbonite Freezing chamber. The last set pleasantly surprised me! :classic:

5 hours ago, TWP said:

Bought both of the Rogue One battlepacks last week and the Carbonite Freezing chamber. The last set pleasantly surprised me! :classic:

It's a good set, with good value. It's just that it was a disappointment to AFOLs, as they expected a full size one.

Bricklinked Agent Kallus and a 212th Airborne Clone Trooper (my first Clone Trooper purchase since the Arc Trooper/Commando Droid Battle Pack; I might be a Millenial but my collection is definitely more OT focused than it is PT focused). Also two medium blasters and ten short blasters to start replacing stud shooters in my Battlepacks (I will keep some stud shooters for heavy troopers to represent rocket launchers, but I want most of the troops to be holding blasters of some kind).

On January 5, 2017 at 6:17 PM, BubbaFit45531 said:

30279 Kylo Ren spaceship polybag $3.49 at Target for parts. Was on the shelves with baseball cards for days, then when I decide to buy, it's gone. Couldn't have sold out so many so fast. Didn't see it in toy section, but it was left in a cardboard box near the baseball card section. You'd think if they take it down from one area, they'd immediately put it elsewhere visible, but not really.

Most Target stores that I have been in still have them at the very bottom of the impulse items in each checkout lane.  Then again, maybe it got bumped for the new Batman polybag that is starting to show up?

On 1/9/2017 at 5:38 PM, VaderFan2187 said:

No, the Rebels Vader and OT Vader have different prints. But if you aren't fussy like me then it's ok I guess :laugh:

Actually if you look close (since I have that TIE Advanced Vader) his printing matches his robes up to EPIV making that acceptable for OT stuff. In fact, with Rogue One that Vader now matches two films worth of wardrobe. One for Rogue One and one for EPIV. Best way to confirm that is to look at this torso on both films. That cloth that runs down his torso drapes over his shoulder cowling on both films and the print on the LEGO figure captures that wonderfully. The only thing missing is the red hue for his helmet's lenses. 

Vader without that detail would belong more closely to EPV and EPVI. 

2 minutes ago, Japanbuilder said:

Actually if you look close (since I have that TIE Advanced Vader) his printing matches his robes up to EPIV making that acceptable for OT stuff. In fact, with Rogue One that Vader now matches two films worth of wardrobe. One for Rogue One and one for EPIV. Best way to confirm that is to look at this torso on both films. That cloth that runs down his torso drapes over his shoulder cowling on both films and the print on the LEGO figure captures that wonderfully. The only thing missing is the red hue for his helmet's lenses. 

I know. I didn't mean to say it wasn't suitable for OT, I just meant to say that the Rebels Vader and OT Vader have different prints.

Got the Disney castle bought for me :) .... which leads me to wonder - am I the only one who gets gifts and feels a bit sad the buyer didn't also use my VIP info to get me the points as well? I mean, that would be an extra $35 or $75USD (depending on purchase date) of free Lego... :grin:

28 minutes ago, DangAndBlast said:

Got the Disney castle bought for me :) .... which leads me to wonder - am I the only one who gets gifts and feels a bit sad the buyer didn't also use my VIP info to get me the points as well? I mean, that would be an extra $35 or $75USD (depending on purchase date) of free Lego... :grin:

Well, you got $349.99 free LEGO, so I'd say it's a good deal :wink:

75134 Galactic Empire battle pack

75137 Freezing Solo

75139 Bacon Factory

75153 Chicken Walker

Luke Skywalker

x2 Stormtroopers

x6 Bespin Guards

3 hours ago, Japanbuilder said:

Another interesting fact: the most recent Vader (in 75055, 75093, 75159) actually features a torso that best matches the details on the episode 3 costume. So there still isn't a proper Vader minifigure for episodes 5-6.

2 hours ago, atlas said:

Another interesting fact: the most recent Vader (in 75055, 75093, 75159) actually features a torso that best matches the details on the episode 3 costume. So there still isn't a proper Vader minifigure for episodes 5-6.

That's actually really funny. Does the figure match up with the Rogue One version, you know besides the larger neck on the helmet. 

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

That's actually really funny. Does the figure match up with the Rogue One version, you know besides the larger neck on the helmet. 

Sorry I'm not sure what you're asking, can you rephrase?