KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

UCS TIE, micro-ARC-170 (sale), micro-Republic Gunship (sale) and Admiral Yularen.

Now I have nothing at all left that I want to buy until Summer wave.

Well, I want Death Star, but that isn't going to happen.

Edited by rollermonkey

Picked up a Kashyyyk Troopers battle pack (because it was £3 at Tesco) and finally took the plunge on a Wookiee Gunship to take advantage of May 4th offers.

I almost picked up a TIE Advanced Prototype for £32 at Sainsbury's (best deal I've seen on it so far), but to be honest my wallet's a bit broken after my last LEGO Store trip. I don't need more at the moment :grin:

Decide to celebrate my First May 4th after coming out of my Dark Ages by splurging on these:

17175605390_3e0d8d4e41_c.jpg

Can't wait to start building the 10134! :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

Finally....after months of looking for a fair deal....I have the 7672 Rogue Shadow plus minifigs standing next to me.

€ 40,-, figs in mint condition, set had been built once and was collecting dust, booklets excellent condition, no box....and just 20 mins by car so I could pick it up.

Haha, I could have sold you a sealed in box 7672 Jedi-Bendu, I live in the same Outer Rim as you do and have been keeping one unopened coz the ship really doesn't fit with anything else in my collection (that's what you get when you have a SINGLE ship from a given franchise...) :laugh:

Although I still value mine more than 40€ for sure :tongue: Great find btw!

Can't wait to start building the 10134! :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

One of my top 3 UCS models, and I got all of them except the Slave 1 and TIE Fighter. The ship itself is fantastic, and a Lego model of it is even better!

The UCS TIE on May the Fourth - I got the Admiral Yularen mining - now I can place him in my 10188! :D

Haha, I could have sold you a sealed in box 7672 Jedi-Bendu, I live in the same Outer Rim as you do and have been keeping one unopened coz the ship really doesn't fit with anything else in my collection (that's what you get when you have a SINGLE ship from a given franchise...) :laugh:

Although I still value mine more than 40€ for sure :tongue: Great find btw!

€ 50 was the absolute max I wanted to pay for a loose 7672.

I’ve seen ridiculous prices for (sometimes even incomplete!) loose ones.

1 guy had it up for € 70 (loose but this one had the box) a while ago. I offered him € 60 and his reply was that he wanted more than the € 70 he had listed it for!

(he was a real joker: he had a loose Death Star for sale…..and was asking more than a new, mint, sealed one!)

Yes, the 7672 is the only Force Unleashed set…but I liked the graphic novel and game (got both when they were released in 2008…..my Lego dark ages) and the figs are imho fantastic.

One of my top 3 UCS models, and I got all of them except the Slave 1 and TIE Fighter. The ship itself is fantastic, and a Lego model of it is even better!

The 10134 is really nice and it adds to my ever growing collection of UCS sets... a couple more to go! :)

a couple more to go! :)

Do you buy them new or some of them are used? Since you've been in a dark age, you surely cant afford all of them new? ;O But what do I know, I don't want to "judge" you. All I can say is that I wish I had that all-new shiny Y-Wing :D

I would LOVE to have 10134 in my collection, but it's just so pricey. Nice find!

I bought TIE Advanced prototype, T-16, Micro AT-AT, and Senate Commandos to get Admiral Yularen.

Do you buy them new or some of them are used? Since you've been in a dark age, you surely cant afford all of them new? ;O But what do I know, I don't want to "judge" you. All I can say is that I wish I had that all-new shiny Y-Wing :D

Came out of the dark ages last Aug so started collecting UCS exclusively. You are right, I bought a couple used but I was really lucky to find this Y-Wing brand new at about US$700 (Opened box but sealed bags). The 3 main UCS sets that I am looking for are the 10179 MF, 10030 ISD and the 10129 Snowspeeder.

The hunt continues!! :)

started collecting UCS exclusively

The hunt continues!! :)

Same for me, 1,5 years ago. And now I stand here with all except 2. For it, it's been like a poison, could not stop until I had them all :S Bought all sets 2008 - 2015 new and seal. From the older sets I've bought 10174, 10143 and 10030 new. From the used ones most of them are exceptionally good condition, but need to swap some pieces on a few of the models. Also considering to remove all stickers and keep the lego "pure", since stickers really wear out over time.

I hope mods here are fine with a small sidetrack <3

Had a great May the 4th this weekend. Picked up the micro snowspeeder, another x wing, tie interceptor, and arc 170. Also got the advanced prototype and the b-wing, plus Admiral Yularen.

I'm really enjoying these micro fighters for the figures and parts, I haven't built a single one but as a parts pack they have been perfect, especially for the large MOC I've been working on.

My May the 4th order arrived today. I'm very eager to build those sets: Ewok village, AT-AT and Mos Eisley Cantina :classic:

The poster is nice and I have still to decide if I'm going to keep Yularen Minifigure sealed or not.

Had a great May the 4th this weekend. Picked up the micro snowspeeder, another x wing, tie interceptor, and arc 170. Also got the advanced prototype and the b-wing, plus Admiral Yularen.

I'm really enjoying these micro fighters for the figures and parts, I haven't built a single one but as a parts pack they have been perfect, especially for the large MOC I've been working on.

Even I was thinking about getting the Micro-fighters for parts but I was wondering if it is actually a better choice than acquiring those parts in other way.

Would you suggest to invest in a good number of micro-fighters just for the parts?

Perhaps other options are a cheaper but buying those sets instead would be easier and less, you know, stressful.

Sometimes shopping for individual parts can be quite stressing and those sets also give us Minifigures.

Right now I'm in the process to "stock up" parts so I can finally start some decent MOCing :classic:

My May the 4th order arrived today. I'm very eager to build those sets: Ewok village, AT-AT and Mos Eisley Cantina :classic:

The poster is nice and I have still to decide if I'm going to keep Yularen Minifigure sealed or not.

Even I was thinking about getting the Micro-fighters for parts but I was wondering if it is actually a better choice than acquiring those parts in other way.

Would you suggest to invest in a good number of micro-fighters just for the parts?

Perhaps other options are a cheaper but buying those sets instead would be easier and less, you know, stressful.

Sometimes shopping for individual parts can be quite stressing and those sets also give us Minifigures.

Right now I'm in the process to "stock up" parts so I can finally start some decent MOCing :classic:

There are a few things that I would definitely consider. The figures have been the main draw for me so that's great, but the combination of different slopes, rods, trans clear parts and plates have been a great added bonus. If you buy the parts individually you could get them cheaper than $10 but wouldn't get the figure.

The Millenium Falcon was a great set. Snowspeeder was good too. When the ISD was out it had some good gray parts for a rock wall I was working on which was an added bonus. Falcon would be the way to go for starters, in my opinion.

Finally pulled the trigger on one of the bigger sets (for my budget that is ;-)): the AT-AT! I'm planning on making it into a desk lamp as well, using lifelites, so that it may stand tall on my desk all the time!

I went ahead and got a few sets from S@H to get the poster and Yularen. Frankly, I do not like to buy stuff from S@H since their pricing is rather high, you can always find the sets for atleast 20 % cheaper elsewhere (including S@H's current 10 % off)

That said, I justified the buy by getting 1 exclusive set and 2 small ones, 75085 Hailfire Droid, 75080 AAT and 75079 Shadow Troopers.

Ordered 75038 Anakin's Starfighter, 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype, and 75088 Senate Commandos for S@H's promo (thought about the B-wing before bed the night the promo started, decided to wait, saw it was gone--or "ships in 30 days", maybe?--later the next day. Ah well. Still happy to get a few sets I've been eyeing for awhile.

Also received my SW minifig book, and 75090 Ezra's Speeder Bike, my first Rebels set. Built the Imp bike first--it's huge!--so I scrounged for parts and built DarthTwoShedsJackson's version of Ezra's bike (still need to swap out some parts & order a couple others, I think, since most of my stuff was put away). Could've been a much nicer set with smaller bikes overall and two Imp bikes & appropriate drivers instead, and maybe a bike for Sabine, too (gonna try that one pretty soon).

I wonder... should the topic title be changed to "What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Acquisition"? That way it would more accurately cover everything - not just what we've bought, but what we've been given, what we've traded for, what we've found in a ditch by the side of the road...

That said, my own recent acquisitions are purchases, or freebies with purchases (May the Fourth goodies, of course). On Saturday I ordered (and am still awaiting receipt of):

75050 B-Wing

75081 T-16 Skyhopper

5002210 C-3PO & R2-D2 Watch

5004592 LEGO Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope poster

5002947 Admiral Yularen

... and Sunday I went in person to my own local LEGO Store and picked up:

2x 75052 Mos Eisley Cantina

75074 Snowspeeder Microfighter

75032 X-Wing Fighter Microfighter

5004592 LEGO Star Wars - Episode IV: A New Hope poster

5002947 Admiral Yularen

I was very, very torn on whether or not to allow myself a really large purchase (the Death Star and/or Ewok Village), but I think I'll get one of those next month.

Ordered two B Wings (back ordered for now). My Yularen figure and poster are due to arrive today. Really wanted to get down to my local Lego Store, but family requirements did not allow it, so I ordered another ISD with Yularen and poster.....that also is due to arrive today.

Yularen will be perfect for my Death Star, looking forward into getting him.

There are a few things that I would definitely consider. The figures have been the main draw for me so that's great, but the combination of different slopes, rods, trans clear parts and plates have been a great added bonus. If you buy the parts individually you could get them cheaper than $10 but wouldn't get the figure.

The Millenium Falcon was a great set. Snowspeeder was good too. When the ISD was out it had some good gray parts for a rock wall I was working on which was an added bonus. Falcon would be the way to go for starters, in my opinion.

Thank you very much for the info :classic:

Next time I'll buy several of them to stock up my bricks. Like you said buying the parts individually would be cheaper but those sets come with nice Minifigures and most f them would be very useful for army building. Not to mention the fact it would also be "faster" than looking for each part.

Thank you again :classic:

I bought nothing this year and saved all my $$$ for May the fourth. So I got:

from lego store

-Snowspeeder Microfighter

- Laat Gunship Microfighter

-AAT

-Hailfire Droid

- Episode 4 poster

-Yularen Polybag

and from TRU:

12x Stomrtrooper BP

6x Geonosis Trooper BP

3x Senate Commandos BP

-Tie Prototype

- AT-DP

Everything is in the mail and is arriving tomorow! I got some building to do!