22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

1 hour ago, williejm said:

Like you’ve never heard of mermaids purses!

The problem with those is that whenever you try to get something out from it, a shark bites your finger!

1 hour ago, RichardGoring said:

The problem with those is that whenever you try to get something out from it, a shark bites your finger!

Not always, if you're lucky you can get there just when the shark is full from eating its siblings...

I am so late to this party.

Questions:

1. Is it just torso printing? What about faces?
  2. Do they have any classic themed logos ready to use? Space, Black Falcons, etc?
  3. Will they get mad if you try to recreate an old Lego torso like Blacktron?
  4. How limited are the torso and leg color options? Are only yellow hands available?

Did anyone else notice that the online build a minifigure went down over the last week? The page has come back now, but only to say that it isn’t available at the moment, but they’re working on a bigger and better version. Hopefully something like it was for those first few days when it launched, with lots of choices! It was terrible once they went…

11 hours ago, Westbrick said:

Did anyone else notice that the online build a minifigure went down over the last week? The page has come back now, but only to say that it isn’t available at the moment, but they’re working on a bigger and better version. Hopefully something like it was for those first few days when it launched, with lots of choices! It was terrible once they went…

Yeah, I think it went over the weekend. If / when it comes back, I don't think it can get any worse than it has been for months!

The 3 BAM figs coming next is not very interesting, other than the dress/torso for the woman it is nothing for me. I must say the last waves have been boring and especially the accessorize are under par :hmpf_bad:

If Santa is in dark red that might be interesting too, but I suspect it was poor lighting rather than dark red.

The new blue dress/torso look nice, but given the last year's selection, there's not very much to add to those two elements that I'd want to get.

23 hours ago, Westbrick said:

Honestly. It has already been pretty bad when it launched, but yeah it got a lot worse since then. But well I hope there will be major improvements in the service.

5 hours ago, Roebuck said:

The 3 BAM figs coming next is not very interesting, other than the dress/torso for the woman it is nothing for me. I must say the last waves have been boring and especially the accessorize are under par :hmpf_bad:

Where did you see these? 

Edit: I just saw them; the dress is nice, as well as dark red Santa (mostly for his legs), but the snow-shovelling crook is made entirely from existing, readily-available, parts!  

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I feel these three are far more interesting and usable rather than the just released ones... mermaid/merman tail with jean stitching?!?!

15 minutes ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Check Reddit. 

Thanks but I'm not finding anything.

I was at a LEGO store this afternoon and they told me that they have already received the parts and it's all ready to sell the Christmas BAM minifigures next Thursday.

On 10/24/2023 at 10:53 AM, MAB said:

Yeah, I think it went over the weekend. If / when it comes back, I don't think it can get any worse than it has been for months!

It is not just indicating that it is not available any more, it has now been totally removed online. I wonder if it is coming back, or gone for good now as you can buy a larger range of PAB parts anyway. They seemed to come in the same bags as PAB parts, so presumably were just a subset of parts of what is now called the standard range.

Too bad that new dark red Santa will not come with a Coca-Cola backprint or a printed 1x1 round brick. :wink: Also the beard needs to be way longer.

Went into my local store today but loose Christmas parts have sold out until December they reckon. Complete packs are there but I refuse to give my money to the crook who decided that a generic crook is an acceptable figure. It's only been less than a week since release...

Edited by Count Sepulchure

On 11/8/2023 at 7:46 AM, Roebuck said:

If I understand this poll right the PAB team are planning to include Dreamezz figs in BAM? Someone who speak German please confirm :laugh:
I would not mind since a couple of those figs are better than most we got in BAM this year:hmpf:

https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-pick-a-brick-umfrage/

Well for now it is just a survey to find out whether there is interest in ordering some of the Dreamzzz figures in larger quantities. It additionaly says that all Lego Dreamzzz characters will probably be available for ordering. 
Edited by cebelicamya